Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 07-09-2019, 04:03 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
.................................................. ..............Eckhart claimed:
“The ego says, ‘I shouldn’t have to suffer,’ and that thought makes you suffer so much more. It is a distortion of the truth, which is always paradoxical. The truth is that you need to say yes to suffering before you can transcend it.”

Meister Eckhart? . Your quote is E Tolle

' True suffering is a mother of all the virtues '
Meister Eckhart
Old 07-09-2019, 04:13 AM
Master
Sure is..... Eckhart Tolle.
........ at least 'somebody is on their toes!
THANKS

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 07-09-2019, 12:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
I wonder who that little voice is, it gives me a earache sometimes

That little voice guides so unerringly that I rarely pay attention to the ego any more ..... though that insidious ego does occasionally arise to override but that is getting less and less frequent.
Old 07-09-2019, 12:20 PM
Master
I thought the little voice was the conscience and to listen to it. No wonder I'm going wrong
Old 15-09-2019, 04:09 PM
Master
' Though it may be called a nescience, and unknowing, yet there is in it more than all knowing and understanding without it; for this unknowing lures and attracts you from all understood things, and from yourself as well. '
Old 16-09-2019, 11:21 AM
Master
Quote:
' Though it may be called a nescience, and unknowing, yet there is in it more than all knowing and understanding without it; for this unknowing lures and attracts you from all understood things, and from yourself as well. '

Since this is a Christianity thread, I was wondering if you are familiar with the Christian mystical book, "The Cloud of Unknowing". I read it many years ago and it's quite good and also quite consistent with eastern thought.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cloud_of_Unknowing

EXCERPT:

"The underlying message of this work suggests that the way to know God is to abandon consideration of God's particular activities and attributes, and be courageous enough to surrender one's mind and ego to the realm of 'unknowing', at which point one may begin to glimpse the nature of God. "
Old 16-09-2019, 12:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
Since this is a Christianity thread, I was wondering if you are familiar with the Christian mystical book, "The Cloud of Unknowing". I read it many years ago and it's quite good and also quite consistent with eastern thought.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cloud_of_Unknowing

EXCERPT:

"The underlying message of this work suggests that the way to know God is to abandon consideration of God's particular activities and attributes, and be courageous enough to surrender one's mind and ego to the realm of 'unknowing', at which point one may begin to glimpse the nature of God. "

I have never fully read a Spiritual Book before, maybe it's time
I read Buddha's Suttas mostly and occasionally dip in and out of other Teachings mainly Taoism because of my long standing practising of Qigong and Tai Chi.
I am a little attached to History Books (More than a little) especially Tudor England.

Anyhow thank you, I have just Purchased ' The Cloude of Unknowing ' hope it's written in Middle English It cost me the princely sum of £,0.59 pence, now that's a bargain...
Old 17-09-2019, 05:00 PM
Master
Quote:
I have never fully read a Spiritual Book before, maybe it's time
I read Buddha's Suttas mostly and occasionally dip in and out of other Teachings mainly Taoism because of my long standing practising of Qigong and Tai Chi.
I am a little attached to History Books (More than a little) especially Tudor England.

Anyhow thank you, I have just Purchased ' The Cloude of Unknowing ' hope it's written in Middle English It cost me the princely sum of £,0.59 pence, now that's a bargain...

I would love to hear your reaction to that book. Keep in mind that, when writing in Christian Europe at that time, one had to be very careful with wording lest anything be construed as "heresy" with dire consequences.
Old 17-09-2019, 05:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
I would love to hear your reaction to that book. Keep in mind that, when writing in Christian Europe at that time, one had to be very careful with wording lest anything be construed as "heresy" with dire consequences.

Yes I am very aware of ' Off with their head '

I will definitely let you know how I find it, my Kindle is fully charged ready for action....