Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 22-06-2011, 03:07 AM
ivy71983

Tarot experience

Hello all,

Just thought id share my experience with my first time using oracle and tarot cards I had first purchased Doreen Virtues Angel therapy oracle cards to get a feel for them because i want to learn how to give readings and help others. What i found interesting was that i had did two seperate readings on myself but the answers i got were the same telling me to work on my psychic abilities and develop them and that i was a lightworker. I thought ok . . . the angels really are sending me a message if im getting a similar response to two different questions.

I then purchased the Quest tarot deck (the images are pretty lol) and did a reading for my friend. I thought i would test my intuitive abilities by not studying them first and the reading directly related to the question she asked and i was able to tell her what each card was making me feel in comparison to the card. Also i would say something and one of the following cards would say the same thing! It was very cool and really motivated me to take it further. Has anyone ever experienced something like this their first time around? Or have good advice for a beginner?
Old 22-06-2011, 11:53 AM
Master
Hi Ivy ! Lots of hints and ideas in Tarot 101 in this section, and have a look in the Tarot "School" if you would like to practice more
Old 22-06-2011, 08:13 PM
green

Good for you Ivy, this is the way, just follow your inner voice, use the books just to elaborate on things if you feel you need.

G
Old 22-06-2011, 11:09 PM
Neth Rana

Aww that's really awesome Ivy! Isn't that an awesome feeling?? I can totally relate. The night my boyfriend gave me my Shadowscapes deck, he asked me to do a reading for him with it. Aside from staring (/drooling over...) the images online, I'd never studied the deck before. I did a three card spread for him, and everything just...happened. I knew exactly what the cards were saying, and it all just came spilling out of me. It was definitely an awesome feeling!

I'm still a beginner myself, but in my experience, I would say the biggest advice I could give is to know that there is no "right" way to read tarot. Yes, reading books on card meanings and such really helps, and I believe it's important to know the "book meaning" of each card, if you will. But if you feel like the card is telling you something that's not necessarily "right," don't doubt yourself. You gotta go with that gut feeling. That took me a bit to understand, and I still struggle with it and doubt myself a lot. But I always find that whatever I thought first, whatever my initial reaction to the card was, even after I pull out my little handy book to help me, was right. Hope that helps.
Old 23-06-2011, 05:57 PM
ivy71983

Thanks guys and yes it was an awesome feeling Neth. Especially when i would say what i felt and one of the following cards would mean exactly that! Im going to study my cards more and definately check out the "Tarot School" thread =)
Old 23-06-2011, 06:33 PM
Neth Rana

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivy71983
Thanks guys and yes it was an awesome feeling Neth. Especially when i would say what i felt and one of the following cards would mean exactly that! Im going to study my cards more and definately check out the "Tarot School" thread =)

If this were facebook, I would "like" what you just wrote. But it's not facebook so...yeah...just kudos then!
Old 23-06-2011, 07:06 PM
ivy71983

lol, thanks . . . and good luck with learning your deck
Old 24-06-2011, 04:55 PM
ivy71983

Another interesting experience i had to share, lol

I did an oracle card reading and as i was shuffling i dropped half of the deck but only saw the face of two cards. I kept them in mind and then added them back to the deck and continued to shuffle. I know some saw that when you drop a card(s) it holds meaning. After shuffling i did a three card spread and whatta ya know . . .. two of the cards were the same cards i dropped and remembered

O_o

Its weird and cool that i would pull those exact cards but i guess it was something the angels really needed me to know.
Old 24-06-2011, 07:23 PM
Neth Rana

Whoaaa that is cool! Yes, I always pay attention to jumping cards. Kinda crazy that you still drew them though.
Old 24-06-2011, 10:17 PM
rainbowcrow

It sounds like you are tapping into your intuition quite nicely Ivy. I'm a beginner also and I prefer to just 'read' the cards rather than jump straight to the written meanings in books. I do use the meanings if I get a bit 'stuck' on a card, but usually there will be a word or phrase that stands out and reignites my intuition and I'm away again lol!

It would be great to see yourself and Neth over at the Tarot School