Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 29-08-2019, 02:26 PM
Knower
How to open to cosmic consciousness?

My Kundalini has awakened naturally. It hits blockages and causes a little pain. I am in a natural state of bliss of about 2-3/10 intensity, with the bliss sometimes getting to 6-7/10.

I've not had the severe symptoms of Kundalini awakening like seizures or muscles locking up or severe back pain.

I've felt bliss even in my kidneys and feet and legs.

One time it got to a 10 in my heart and my crown, at different times. It was an expansive bliss.

However, I have not yet experienced the cosmic consciousness that some people do. I am on bipolar and schizophrenia meds, so they sort of throttle the flow of Kundalini. So the bliss and the discomfort never get too bad.

If I just keep allowing and allow it to naturally work through blockages, will I open up to the cosmic consciousness awareness?
Old 09-09-2019, 12:31 AM
Proteus

It seems, as you identified that you are dealing with meds as well, which may make your vibration fluctuate - however it seems if you continue to do what you are doing - and add a disciplined meditation practice to this - that you will indeed open up with the meds no longer having any adverse effect.

The Med-(itation) will over come the Med(-ication)

:-)
Old 09-09-2019, 01:28 AM
Master
I did not seek cosmic consciousness, nor did I seek kundalini awakening, although I have deliberately done some chakra work. My experiences of cosmic consciousness were just like my out-of-body experience, and while these are two different experiences, they both happened when I least expect them to happen. You control it by not controlling it.

In the out-of-body experience you leave your physical body and this physical realm, entering another dimension, or realm. But with the experience of cosmic consciousness you stay right here in this physical realm and your consciousness expands to and unfathomable range. Your consciousness moves out on all sides in a spherical like manner.

I've been doing quiet meditation a number of decades, but when I had these experiences I had only been meditating a year or so, and I had no knowledge, expectations, or concepts about cosmic consciousness. In fact I had never heard of it before when I had my first experience. I was sitting on a California beach in Monterey at night watching the waves come into the shore, when suddenly my consciousness expanded and I found I was one with the ocean, the land, and the sky and everything contained therein. I could see from everywhere at once.

Sometimes in cosmic consciousness a person will find themselves in outer space one with the stars and planets, etc. It is a very light and transparent experience. But I find the most important thing, which I have found for most spiritual experiences, is learning how to let go inside. Blockage definitely does not help. As it is a flow of energy that carries us into these experiences. Your mind and emotions must be genuinely empty and without the pretense of any expectation. This is my experience but it may be different for others, and it may be different for you.
Old 12-09-2019, 12:45 PM
Knower

I feel it is the expanse that you are looking for. The exceptional knowledge, from the particular to the infinite.

Amazingly, most people say to turn inward but I feel like you need to turn outward. When you are feeling your bliss, turn your gaze in the direction you are wanting to go, in other words, encompass that which you want to know with your bliss, bring its essence into your loving energy.

In this way, you will be that which you are seeking.

<3
Old 26-11-2019, 03:41 PM
Knower
I am getting the insight that I need to return to absolute stillness. Release my distortions. As I return to the infinite, my consciousness will expand.
Old 26-11-2019, 03:58 PM
Color

Well, as it was said, my many exps of Cosmic Consciousness came outta the blue, also
Even after going back to eating meat and drinking alcohol...so those many yrs of a pure diet
was neither here nor there, I guess...who knows.
I also was not asking for it - specifically, but surely for yrs I was on the spiritual path.
(Sorry, I forgot my first exp was at 8 yrs old. But I'm sure it was cuz of
previous lifetimes of spiritual focus.)

I find Cosmic Consciousness to be a Gift from God - Grace extraordinaire.
A manipulation of my brain chemistry from within
bringing about an altered state of awareness where the Doors of Perception are flung open.
This is the state which allowed William Blake to write such words as:
To see a World in a grain of sand...Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand.
Oh my yes, and much more. Whew.

So, how to open to it? Stay on the spiritual path. Focus, keep your heart one-pointed.
I mean, that's what I was doing, anyway.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 26-11-2019, 04:00 PM
Master

Hi,

The cosmic consciousness experience you talk about comes when the Kundalini breaks through the last knot, just below the top back part of the skull, where the Sahasrara starts. Gopi Krishna gives a very vivid description of what it is like. There is also a breaking sound, then something akin to the rushing of water. This final knot is the hardest to break as it is what separates the dream world (ours) from the real world of unlimited potential and pure consciousness.
Old 26-11-2019, 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne
Hi,
Gopi Krishna gives a very vivid description of what it is like.

There is also a breaking sound, then something akin to the rushing of water.
Question. Who is Gopi Krishna? Do you mean Krishna
or Lord Krishna? Thanks

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 26-11-2019, 05:25 PM
JustASimpleGuy

For my edification is this what we mean by cosmic consciousness?

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...-consciousness

The main characteristics of cosmic consciousness as identified by Bucke are joyfulness; a revelation of the meaning, purpose, and aliveness of the universe; a sense of immortality; a loss of fear of death; and an absence of the concept of sin. Bucke also highlights the importance of light. Cosmic consciousness may feature an experience of being “immersed in a flame or rose-colored cloud, or perhaps rather a sense that the mind is itself filled with such a cloud or haze.”
Old 26-11-2019, 05:58 PM
Knower
By cosmic consciousness I mean omniscience like the Buddha had.