Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 20-08-2019, 08:07 PM
Master
Transformation

We are all being transformed, some are changed quickly while others go through a very slow process. Human beings are creatures of habit and regardless whether we go through changes fast or slow, there usually is still something from the past remaining with us.

When we take on a spiritual practice we are asking for and enhancement in our transformation and we are also asking to accelerate our transformation. As change is said to be the only constant in the physical universe there is no status quo; we either excel or we deteriorate. I believe that if a person is in this world than they have work to do on themselves.

It is wise to know that something can not begin without something ending and with each ending comes a new beginning. Lots of people have a hard time with change, especially their own process of personal change. As creatures of habit we get comfortable once we are in a routine. We each have our own comfort zone but comfort levels are often shaken up. Most people strive for ideals even though their ideals may be unrealistic. Shoot for the stars and maybe reach the sky. There is no right or wrong, there are just social standards and our interpretations.

Being able to let go is seen as a valuable spiritual feature. Although grieving the loss of what once was is said to be a natural, even healthy, human quality. Life seems to be a series of hell-o and goodbye, but there are people who do not like saying goodbye. In war there were people who did not want to say hell-o because they thought they may be saying goodbye to those they said hell-o to too soon.

The transformation process takes us through hills and valleys, up’s and down’s, we go down into the valley only to climb another mountain. This is the journey; and in the process we are transformed. Whether it is for better or worst is a matter of our own interpretation. We ourselves are our own journey.

Human life is said to be the journey of the soul, the journey of our deeper being. Our physical life is as the surface tip of and iceberg; there is more going on below the surface within us than there is on the surface where we live out the drama of our seemingly physical life. Impulses below the surface translate into behaviors above the surface.

What is taking place with us, as individuals, in this physical world just may be but a mere reflection of what may be going on within us on the inner planes. Spiritual literature often talks about how a human body is one of the best vehicles for spiritual development.

We know others by the perception that we have of ourselves. Although it is better to see ourselves clearly than to be concerned about how others see us. Most people know that there are countless drops in the ocean but most do not realize that the ocean is also in the drop. This is a metaphor which relates to us.

Hold on, savor the moment, and let go lightly, for even this too will pass. As physical beings change is the road we travel; but as it has been said “the more things change the more they remain the same.
Old 21-08-2019, 01:28 PM
Lorelyen

There are plenty of questions arising from this. Not least is "humans are creatures of habit." Fine, yes, if you're called upon to repeat an act/action (such as showering when you get up of a morning) you develop a system that may be economic of effort, maybe not - but if it works then why change it? However, some humans are motivated by some other factor (could be efficiency or technical advance) are enterprising, inventive and on, and may never settle into habits. Those who have never been satisfied with their social conditioning - or rebel against it are among the many.

I also found the idea that something has to end for something new to begin unworkable. There are cases when this can mislead.
Just my beliefs and practices...
Old 30-08-2019, 09:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
There are plenty of questions arising from this. Not least is "humans are creatures of habit." Fine, yes, if you're called upon to repeat an act/action (such as showering when you get up of a morning) you develop a system that may be economic of effort, maybe not - but if it works then why change it? However, some humans are motivated by some other factor (could be efficiency or technical advance) are enterprising, inventive and on, and may never settle into habits. Those who have never been satisfied with their social conditioning - or rebel against it are among the many.

Those who rebel against things may develop a habit of rebelling against things. I believe that all human beings are addicted to something and that addiction is largely a habit. All human beings live their lives in patterns of behavior on the physical, mental, or emotional levels. We may exchange one pattern of behavior for another pattern of behavior but they are still patterns. Patterns often quickly turn into habits. Even living spontaneously can be a pattern of behavior. Habits, over time, are often ingrained in us at the cellular level.

Quote:
I also found the idea that something has to end for something new to begin unworkable. There are cases when this can mislead. Just my beliefs and practices....

It is automatic that when something begins something else ends and vice versa. When we begin something what ends is us no longer not beginning that something, and when we end something, it begins the ending of that something. To me endings and beginnings are synonymous.
Old 30-08-2019, 09:53 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
It is automatic that when something begins something else ends and vice versa. When we begin something what ends is us no longer not beginning that something, and when we end something, it begins the ending of that something. To me endings and beginnings are synonymous.
Nice piece of sophistry and I think you realise the trap you fell into there. You've changed your proposition. What you're saying here isn't the same as "It is wise to know that something can not begin without something ending and with each ending comes a new beginning." in your o/p.

Anyway it simply isn't true. E.g. I have 3 work assignments in various stages of completion. I hope shortly to get a fourth. Nothing will end as a result of me beginning that new/fourth one. The remaining 3 will end as I bring them to an end/finish them.

E.g. Relationships: Do relationships ever end? Maybe sometimes from rancour with a permanent goodbye. So when I "begin" i.e. enter a new relationship which can be of any sort - business, hobby, transactional, intimate etc., earlier relationships may get re-prioritised but they don't end. In fact they may keep their priority.

Sure, your beliefs are your absolute right and if you consider begin and end synonymous, fine, but you won't find many who agree. Me for a start!

I didn't discuss the first para of your o/p except the habit issue since it raised too many alarms! Best to leave it alone.
Old 30-08-2019, 11:20 PM
Master
Quote:
We are all being transformed, some are changed quickly while others go through a very slow process. Human beings are creatures of habit and regardless whether we go through changes fast or slow, there usually is still something from the past remaining with us.

When we take on a spiritual practice we are asking for and enhancement in our transformation and we are also asking to accelerate our transformation. As change is said to be the only constant in the physical universe there is no status quo; we either excel or we deteriorate. I believe that if a person is in this world than they have work to do on themselves.

It is wise to know that something can not begin without something ending and with each ending comes a new beginning. Lots of people have a hard time with change, especially their own process of personal change. As creatures of habit we get comfortable once we are in a routine. We each have our own comfort zone but comfort levels are often shaken up. Most people strive for ideals even though their ideals may be unrealistic. Shoot for the stars and maybe reach the sky. There is no right or wrong, there are just social standards and our interpretations.

Being able to let go is seen as a valuable spiritual feature. Although grieving the loss of what once was is said to be a natural, even healthy, human quality. Life seems to be a series of hell-o and goodbye, but there are people who do not like saying goodbye. In war there were people who did not want to say hell-o because they thought they may be saying goodbye to those they said hell-o to too soon.

The transformation process takes us through hills and valleys, up’s and down’s, we go down into the valley only to climb another mountain. This is the journey; and in the process we are transformed. Whether it is for better or worst is a matter of our own interpretation. We ourselves are our own journey.

Human life is said to be the journey of the soul, the journey of our deeper being. Our physical life is as the surface tip of and iceberg; there is more going on below the surface within us than there is on the surface where we live out the drama of our seemingly physical life. Impulses below the surface translate into behaviors above the surface.

What is taking place with us, as individuals, in this physical world just may be but a mere reflection of what may be going on within us on the inner planes. Spiritual literature often talks about how a human body is one of the best vehicles for spiritual development.

We know others by the perception that we have of ourselves. Although it is better to see ourselves clearly than to be concerned about how others see us. Most people know that there are countless drops in the ocean but most do not realize that the ocean is also in the drop. This is a metaphor which relates to us.

Hold on, savor the moment, and let go lightly, for even this too will pass. As physical beings change is the road we travel; but as it has been said “the more things change the more they remain the same.

When you merge everything into a whole state of being, no longer perceiving in seperation, everything becomes the movements of life within the whole. So seperation sees life through light/dark, happy/sad, endings/new beginnings..yet in the awareness of being complete, we learn life is not static, change is part of life, we feel, we move. Our true nature aligns with the nature of what is moving as life. Understanding ourselves as all this. Your view fits the picture of perceived seperation, change and how we might feel about it. Your view fits the picture of resistance to what change wants of us, your view fits the picture of whether or not someone is willing to move beyond what they only know and open to the unknown.

In the end of seperation one moves with what is. Acceptance of life and death without attachments, binds, resistance clears the way to open to life as life is. An open mind not contained by subconscious conditioning moves as life is.

A whole person who feels complete, sees that all movements on the surface of life are interconnected, not seperate. A whole person living from their true state, understands the continuum of life without always seeing endings are necessary for new beginnings.

Life is how life is, how we perceive and move more open and connected to ourselves and life determines the view.
Old 30-08-2019, 11:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Nice piece of sophistry and I think you realise the trap you fell into there. You've changed your proposition. What you're saying here isn't the same as "It is wise to know that something can not begin without something ending and with each ending comes a new beginning." in your o/p.

Anyway it simply isn't true. E.g. I have 3 work assignments in various stages of completion. I hope shortly to get a fourth. Nothing will end as a result of me beginning that new/fourth one. The remaining 3 will end as I bring them to an end/finish them.

E.g. Relationships: Do relationships ever end? Maybe sometimes from rancour with a permanent goodbye. So when I "begin" i.e. enter a new relationship which can be of any sort - business, hobby, transactional, intimate etc., earlier relationships may get re-prioritised but they don't end. In fact they may keep their priority.

Sure, your beliefs are your absolute right and if you consider begin and end synonymous, fine, but you won't find many who agree. Me for a start!

I didn't discuss the first para of your o/p except the habit issue since it raised too many alarms! Best to leave it alone.

Hello Lorelyen

I use to believe in the op view, when I felt that way.

Then I realized it was just my own feelings perceiving through the nature of what is.

Nowadays I’ve got, new, old, unknowns all moving through my life.

I practice living in the moment with what is, that can challenge those who ‘give reason’ for change and moving with what is. I’ve become a risk taker, a tortoise, a speedy Gonzales. People looking in often say, your do deceiving, I never know how your going to move, from one moment to the next.

What are you studying?
Old 31-08-2019, 05:07 AM
Master
JustBe & Lorelyen, I am just sharing one evolving perspective, as both of you are. Truth, in my opinion,
is not something that is validated by the masses rather each person will know the truth by finding it for themselves.
Tens of millions of people believed in Adolf Hitler, does that mean that Hitler was right?

Quantity does not validate quality. Reality to me is but a matter of perception. I am not here to follow the crowd,
just to share one of many perspectives. There are millions who follow Christianity or Hinduism, etc., and I am sure
those religions are "right" for most who follow them. It is not my place to try and mold and shape others in my image.

Life has infinite diversity and that includes human perspectives. For me spiritual truths are not fixed; that is how
religions are born. Although I do not discount the oneness of being which life is and how it unfolds itself. Not everyone
is on the same page but everyone's perspective is most likely valid to them. As one being, if I lift you up I also lift
myself up and if I put you down I do the same to me. Your views are nor better or worst than mine, and vice versa.
This is my perspective.

I admit that all beginnings are not new but I do not believe I was practicing "sophistry." I will just leave it at that.
Old 31-08-2019, 07:26 AM
Master
Quote:
JustBe & Lorelyen, I am just sharing one evolving perspective, as both of you are. Truth, in my opinion,
is not something that is validated by the masses rather each person will know the truth by finding it for themselves.
Tens of millions of people believed in Adolf Hitler, does that mean that Hitler was right?

Quantity does not validate quality. Reality to me is but a matter of perception. I am not here to follow the crowd,
just to share one of many perspectives. There are millions who follow Christianity or Hinduism, etc., and I am sure
those religions are "right" for most who follow them. It is not my place to try and mold and shape others in my image.

Life has infinite diversity and that includes human perspectives. For me spiritual truths are not fixed; that is how
religions are born. Although I do not discount the oneness of being which life is and how it unfolds itself. Not everyone
is on the same page but everyone's perspective is most likely valid to them. As one being, if I lift you up I also lift
myself up and if I put you down I do the same to me. Your views are nor better or worst than mine, and vice versa.
This is my perspective.

I admit that all beginnings are not new but I do not believe I was practicing "sophistry." I will just leave it at that.

In my response starman I was acknowledging what you offered through the awareness of passing through this myself at some point of the journey.

It’s valid in the stream of awareness you reside in your offering.

The op was pointing to something important for those where they reside, in that stream.

There was no need to defend your view. I wasn’t seeing it as wrong, worse or better. That didn’t enter my awareness.

In the offerings from myself and lorelyen did it open your awareness to something more? Are you curious and interested to understand through our offerings?
Old 31-08-2019, 10:38 PM
janielee

Starman is light years ahead, no worries about him.
Old 01-09-2019, 02:14 AM
janielee

Quote:

Can you talk more about the inner planes? How does on effectively and with clarity access? I presume meditation (silence)

It should almost come with a warning sign. In Buddhism we say acceleration of karma.

As to your latter, have you heard of people who willingly choose to come back just to help others? To serve.

I can say I also prefer status quo, even if I know it is not serving me.

JL