Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 07:59 PM
kundalini

Quote:
Originally Posted by developing1
Kundalini,

Everyone is entitled to their opinions and parafest has a right to express his/hers, and to point out that they should rethink their written comunication skills is acting just as un-spiritually as what you thought Parafests post was

best wishes

Developing1

Hi developing1,

Good to see you back here posting again. Anyway, you are absolutely right but then again, I am not attempting to unite all the world's spiritualists under one banner.

I thought a constructive criticism like that may be helpful to his cause.

Old 08-11-2006, 08:11 PM
developing1

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kundalini
Hi developing1,

Good to see you back here posting again. Anyway, you are absolutely right but then again, I am not attempting to unite all the world's spiritualists under one banner.

I thought a constructive criticism like that may be helpful to his cause.

Touche' Kundalini!

good to be back my friend! I've looked at the site and personaly think it's a great idea! isn't it what spirit wants of us? to unite, forgiveness towards eachother, starting again to make a better world?

best wishes

developing1
Old 08-11-2006, 08:23 PM
kundalini

Hi developing1, I admittedly have not looked at the site and so based my constructive criticism only on the purpose of Parafest's thread. I may or may not check it out.

Anyway, that is the theoretical aim of many of the world's religions but in practice, it has so far flopped...
Old 08-11-2006, 10:34 PM
BLAIR2BE

seems to be an organization dedicated to pulling the spiritual under the influence and teachings of the organizer of this Parafest meeting. very religion like. not my cup of tea personally. i have found that many times where a huge number of people beleive the exact same things, a level of manipulation is involved. i did not attend this parafest, so i cant say for sure. also, this "poster" has only posted advertisements thus far and has not yet stepped up to counter post; this fact makes me very weary of this parafest ideology. to comment on the posts above: can the world actually unite under one spiritual influence? what would happen if it did? im not so sure the result would be a wonderful utopia that many like to imagine. such a "unity" would become, it seems, very dogmatic, very quickly; and "leaders" would almost certainly stand up to "lead", and that would be quite dangerous.
Old 08-11-2006, 10:48 PM
kundalini

Indeed Blair2be, the changes have to be subtle...
Old 09-11-2006, 01:04 AM
Guide

Parafest, it may surprise you, but no one found spirituality at parafest 2006. Nor do they "find" it at church or any other external location or event. Spirit is found by looking within, only, period. It is the discovery of the spirit that already exists inside you. This journey home, is the spiritual path. There are events, locations, organizations, people, spirits, angels and so on that will help guide us, but ultimately, we must find the way individually.

chadley.
Old 09-11-2006, 01:20 AM
kundalini

That was very well said, chadley.

Kundalini.
Old 09-11-2006, 05:56 AM
tiltjlp

Good counterpoints made by all. The thing I noticed is that Parafest has been a member since January 2006 and has 3 posts. It's not a matter of post count, but two of his posts promoted the event, and now this one complaining because they didn't get the crowds they had hoped for. I tend to question a person's sincerity when the only contribution they make to a site is self-promotion. So I also have to wonder if Parafest's motives were purely spiritual minded, or profit minded.

John
Old 09-11-2006, 09:15 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiltjlp
Good counterpoints made by all. The thing I noticed is that Parafest has been a member since January 2006 and has 3 posts. It's not a matter of post count, but two of his posts promoted the event, and now this one complaining because they didn't get the crowds they had hoped for. I tend to question a person's sincerity when the only contribution they make to a site is self-promotion. So I also have to wonder if Parafest's motives were purely spiritual minded, or profit minded.

John

good point
Old 09-11-2006, 12:23 PM
dreamer

It sounds to me as though Parafest is just disapointed in the turnout and has expressed this disappointment in a badly thought out way. The website actually looks quite interesting and maybe the event helps people to look within, or points them in that direction?
Closed Thread