Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 20-05-2012, 07:27 PM
Beckybooboo

What are your views on afterlife?

Hi everyone,

I believe that we are all spirit and soul and we occupy a body to allow us to grow and love. I believe that when we die, our spirits are free and we are able to still live, breath and grow as individuals...

What are your views?
Old 20-05-2012, 09:02 PM
siddique the mystical

i can tell you what the quran says. :)

you are a soul in a body. yes.
the quran uses the word "grow" to descibe what humans have to do to there souls to be successful.
Love is the highest spiritual rank.

so you could have quoted from the quran, amazing huh?

afterlife:
your flesh will die, but the soul carries on.
there is a place called the grave
we say something occurs here. called
"the trials of the graves"

souls will be sorted out into good and bad

good ones go to paradise
bad ones go to hell.
Old 20-05-2012, 09:58 PM
Animus27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckybooboo
What are your views?
I do suspect that there is an afterlife of some sort. But I do not know the specifics of it, all I know is that I will join my ancestors, whether in an otherworld, or in oblivion/non-existence. So I take some solace in that idea.
Old 20-05-2012, 10:34 PM
Administrator
We are all spirit we all go back to spirit,as a medium i know that the afterlife is there, we dont die we continue to live in a better place.

Namaste
Old 21-05-2012, 02:15 PM
deepsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
We are all spirit we all go back to spirit,as a medium i know that the afterlife is there, we dont die we continue to live in a better place.

Namaste

So true,Native spirit.

Deepsea
Old 20-05-2012, 10:45 PM
janey

Interesting look at things...
Old 20-05-2012, 11:07 PM
NekoTheCat

i strongly believe that the soul doesnt linger around after death.
at the very least not for too long
i think this happens because it needs some time to get used to being a spirit again, maybe
it may linger for a long(er) time if it has some unfinished business, and nobody realizes what that is.
i also think one shouldnt tell the spirit to stay after the person dies.....it doesnt turn out nice....

we all go to a better place, there is no hell....life on earth is hell or purgatory, we just try to make it better by loving, making nice memories and such.....
Old 21-05-2012, 03:41 AM
Master
no hell but when the chord to life is completely broken to the point where you cannot return, then a healing and purging of the physical realm occurs and one feels the hurts and loss caused to others as if they were you're own, so the greater the pain caused the more felt, but all are healed by their own insight into their actions when viewed from a state of higher consciousness. i have heard that physical death is easier than psychological death. in spirit there is no thought as time, no breathing. i heard summat cool once about viewing souls being taken to the next place by a thunder bird that thrashed them against the rocks like a wave to disintegrate their association with the physical. i also heard that mourning holds people to earth and so one should release them and not be morose in remembering them.

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 21-05-2012, 11:40 AM
NekoTheCat

Quote:
i also heard that mourning holds people to earth and so one should release them and not be morose in remembering them.
i agree with this
and i think i even have personal proof for it
Old 21-05-2012, 01:49 PM
Master
There's no evidence for an 'afterlife'.

But if there is an afterlife, I assume it won't be a matter of hell vs heaven or LoLreincarnation (you become spider cause you killed one)..
In fact, all the views about an afterlife are very typical beliefs humans can easily come up with.

I remain a blank paper!