Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 24-03-2011, 02:15 AM
earthprowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by star-child
Hello,

A few months ago I did a work placement at a school for people with disabilities (down syndrome, autism...) and it made me wonder why these people were born with these disabilities? Would their soul choose to be born like this and why? I don't necessarily think having a disability is bad since all the people I worked with didn't seem unhappy and they were all extremely pleasant to be around. Are the disabled born into the world to teach the humans they come into contact with to become more compassionate and loving?

It will be interesting to see what others think about this subject.

Star

exactly right. they are the purest of the pure souls in my opinion. when they look at you and smile you see love and happiness unconditional. they take on the role of teaching us compassion and humbleness. some may live difficult lives but they do so with a smile on their face. i've always had a soft spot in my heart for them and felt they were sent for a reason.

what about the people that are born non-disabled but have something happen to them that makes them this way??? why did they choose a half and half?
Old 24-03-2011, 02:13 PM
LightFilledHeart

As I understand it, we impliment a Soul-Plan before entering in, and while we can deviate from it to some degree, for the most part the large factors decided upon before entry remain in place. There is of course "wiggle room", and because we all have free will choice we can innitiate a change to said plan if we truly desire to, but barring that, we pretty much adhere to what we've set in motion in the Soul-Plans we construct between lives, for the opportunities, learning, soul expansion, and the perfecting of certain qualities. It's we who choose these experiences. They are not foisted upon us.

That of course begs the natural question that IF we all choose our situations, is it permissable to view the physical or emotional pain of another as simply "their karma" and not offer assistance and comfort where and when possible? To my way of thinking, compassion for all living things is required of each and every one of us, and failure to demonstrate that loving trait will without question slow our own advancement as well as possibly bring in difficult circumstances in OUR next life! It's a complex process and none of us can accurately determine the specifics of why another chose the difficult circumstances of THEIR life. It might not even be for them, but to give another opportunity for advancement..! So in my understanding, it is always best to show compassion and kindness and comfort others where possible. That is the way of the heart, and it is through the heart that we access the direct experience of spirit
Old 24-03-2011, 02:49 PM
Baldr44

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightFilledHeart
As I understand it, we impliment a Soul-Plan before entering in, and while we can deviate from it to some degree, for the most part the large factors decided upon before entry remain in place. There is of course "wiggle room", and because we all have free will choice we can innitiate a change to said plan if we truly desire to, but barring that, we pretty much adhere to what we've set in motion in the Soul-Plans we construct between lives, for the opportunities, learning, soul expansion, and the perfecting of certain qualities. It's we who choose these experiences. They are not foisted upon us.

That of course begs the natural question that IF we all choose our situations, is it permissable to view the physical or emotional pain of another as simply "their karma" and not offer assistance and comfort where and when possible? To my way of thinking, compassion for all living things is required of each and every one of us, and failure to demonstrate that loving trait will without question slow our own advancement as well as possibly bring in difficult circumstances in OUR next life! It's a complex process and none of us can accurately determine the specifics of why another chose the difficult circumstances of THEIR life. It might not even be for them, but to give another opportunity for advancement..! So in my understanding, it is always best to show compassion and kindness and comfort others where possible. That is the way of the heart, and it is through the heart that we access the direct experience of spirit

It seems that we both have the same understanding. I have been told that each life experience is laid out with all of the particulars thought out prior to arriving. Many that we encounter in our existences are those who have agreed to play a part in this experience. We select from amoung our spiritual friends and family who will do what and when. The appropriate signposts are set up in advance to remind us of our chosen path.

Now, do we see and respond to every signpost? Not always, depends on our free will to some extent. As I often say, nothing happens by chance. All things are set in motion. We can however miss the whole thing by being misguided. For an interesting overview of our 3 dimensional experience, I would recommend http://dragonofdrama.com/why_3d as it is a wonderful explanation of the overall 3 dimensional experience.

There are certain responsibilities that each of us have based on our individual choices. These are set up based on any previous karma that we may have encountered. (either good or bad) I for example am a Lightworker, it is my responsibility to assist others in learning about consciousness and the Source of it. Of course without affecting their free will.

There are certain synchronocities that occur when something appears to you and it has a ring of truth. What I like to call a resonation or it resonates with you. That would be your higher mind recognizing a truth. Then to follow up on what it was to find that truth. Much as you've stated in your response.
Old 24-03-2011, 02:56 PM
Summerland

Being born with disabilities or chronic health problems are not always lessons for us. Often times it is a lesson for the caregivers to learn and grow from. It is n agreement that we made before incarnating with those souls to help them on their journey.
Old 24-03-2011, 02:58 PM
Baldr44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerland
Being born with disabilities or chronic health problems are not always lessons for us. Often times it is a lesson for the caregivers to learn and grow from. It is n agreement that we made before incarnating with those souls to help them on their journey.

Yes, all part of karma .
Old 24-03-2011, 03:01 PM
Master
i chose mine for very specific reasons...at times i do wonder what the heck i was thinking, but hey, im here already, best to just be creative and deal with it all, no worries...
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi
Old 24-03-2011, 04:46 PM
Baldr44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabda
i chose mine for very specific reasons...at times i do wonder what the heck i was thinking, but hey, im here already, best to just be creative and deal with it all, no worries...

Very nicely stated. My wife often says "Why can't we just know what we need to know, life would be so much eaiser."

It's all about the experience .
Old 24-03-2011, 05:30 PM
Master
as far as i know our lives are planned ahead of time, paths chosen, no one incarnates without purpose however we don't cons chose anything. your life is courtesy of your higher self and possibly even other beings. I have difficulty understanding why an innocent child would have to suffer to teach someone else their lessons.
Old 24-03-2011, 05:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldr44
Very nicely stated. My wife often says "Why can't we just know what we need to know, life would be so much eaiser."

It's all about the experience .
i agree, and each experience can teach us many things, sometimes in very surprising ways, but often we should stop, and look again at each, sometimes giving it a bit of a polishing,in the gem of each experience there is often more than meets the eye at first glance, and often we dont realize it's true value, each is a treasure...
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi
Old 24-03-2011, 05:42 PM
Baldr44

Actually we choose everything with help from teachers and guides. I am now woking on my next incarnation. If we put intent and will into our thoughts, that can effectively set up the parameters for our next life experience. I have been told by my spiritual teacher that I can and will be a surgeon in my next incarnation. However, in order to be certain, I must now begin putting the proper aspects in order. What it is I want to occur. Whether I'll be married (yes to my current wife as she has chosen to do it again) We will both be doctors. She a psychologist. She currently is helping people in a new web based program. http://dragonofdrama.com/ Understanding the nature of personal reality.

Anyway, it's all about planning, setting up signposts, aligning people, parents, friends and family.