Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Old 27-09-2017, 10:28 PM
Deactivated Account

Honestly, I don't care or give value what comes out the current office holder's mouth. It's unreliable and irresponsible ( seriously all I heard him do this weekend is mock football players and war heroes). I am looking at local leaders like the mayor of PR, senators Mark Rubio ( who's visited days ago), John Mcain who is currently working /pushing legislation to waive the Jones act. While yes we have helped (mind, to a bare minimum) we are still restricting aide and the delivery of goods and services. See, waiving the Joans act would allow the speed delivery of fuel, food, medicines, clothing and building supplies to PR. Home land security/Trump refuses to allow the wavering for whatever reasons( and I dont want to debate it) I just know what isn't happening

Also, not to point fingers and be fair, from what I understand, The largest port in San Juan was broken and has barely opened recently. Right now there is literately thousands of shipping containers just sitting there in PR ( and for days) full of food, water, and medical supplies.Article It looks like its also a sloppy logistics and communications problem, but I guess to further broach ....why? why why arent they moving faster than the reporters. ( and by 'they' I am not placing blame on US).

Ending with these storms are just messy and chaotic. I don't want to get to the politics of it, other than to say I hope your prepared for a natural disaster because it
could happen to anyone, and best be prepared than depend on bureaucracy/Government. In short, have a 7 day survival plan. : D
Old 28-09-2017, 12:47 AM
Super Moderator
The people (and animals) of Puerto Rico have been in my thoughts for days. I am so sorry about what has happened there. I hope they get all the support they need and pray that they will.

One woman chartered a plane and got 300 street dogs off the island two days before the storm hit. One small deed of kindness.
Old 28-09-2017, 12:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
The people (and animals) of Puerto Rico have been in my thoughts for days. I am so sorry about what has happened there. I hope they get all the support they need and pray that they will.

One woman chartered a plane and got 300 street dogs off the island two days before the storm hit. One small deed of kindness.

Wow, that's impressive! Bless her soul!

I think it takes a little time for the shock of all the things that happened recently - earthquake in Mexico City, etc., etc. Then, more people who are in a position to help financial, etc., will formulate plans.

Old 28-09-2017, 01:02 PM
Deactivated Account

Hi Toby, awesome to read of what that woman did. <3 Thanks for bringing awareness. I found the article here

Good news this morning, thanks to pressure from congressional leaders including war hero John Mcain, the administration decided to Waiver the Jones act this morning. Good news for Puerto Rico, special interest should not get in the way when it comes to saving American lives.
Old 28-09-2017, 01:14 PM
Master
The Jones act has been waived!!

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 28-09-2017, 07:19 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky 1
It is sooo bad in Puerto Rico right now....But at least the Feds have got it together.....The President declared it a disaster area the very next morning and immediately mobilized FEMA

They've shipped in more than 1 million tons of fresh water already and several container ships loaded with prepared food and hundreds of disaster teams are on the ground getting it all out to the people.....and more ships on the way.

Remember...its an island. you can't just drive trucks there so it can take a little time to get stuff where it needs to go....but all in all the Feds are doing a good job of it!

I've been through a bunch of hurricanes in my life like that....it's no fun at all but with all the relief coming in they'll make it!

Please post some links showing this wonderful progress. Otherwise it just more political propaganda.
Old 28-09-2017, 09:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Creek77
Please post some links showing this wonderful progress. Otherwise it just more political propaganda.

Why do you need to see links??? ...this was in the news....if you missed the news feel free to look it up!...and political propaganda??? What are you talking about???

How is commenting on the situation political propaganda???? It is what it is....and what it is ...is a screwed up mess and the"feds are doing there best" in a screwed up situation is all that can be said.....

I'm glad you think its wonderful progress.....but some reality here....the powers out...it will likely take months to fix that....the waters off...it will likely take months to fix that......a major dam let go...it will likely take months for that to be repaired....

Porto Rico is an island out in the middle of the ocean....you can't drive there!
Container ships take time to be loaded with supplies....they are slow...and once they get there...the major port area there is all messed up from the storm so unloading is slow and then trucking it out around the country takes time to get the supplies to the people who need it.

All I said was that the feds did mobilize pretty quickly and are doing there best in a screwed up situation....that's all!!!

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 30-09-2017, 01:27 AM
Deactivated Account

Very powerful message from the Mayor of Puerto Rico. Earlier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtY9OtQ5vE8

*Awareness only thread*. No debating, we have an opinions section for that.
Old 01-10-2017, 05:27 PM
boshy b. good

( a ) better for out to pray, our way, bright.
lots and lots, part time full time and a hey,

i was always assuming heaven would be out
missed if something terrifying would emerge
from all this, is my logical explanation

there's your love out there, no matter what,
that's right

i'm just wondering

( now we love our gratificationed more, for
real, yes that can ( ? ) ( for real )

Last edited by boshy b. good : 01-10-2017 at 08:48 PM.
Old 02-10-2017, 02:04 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover
Very powerful message from the Mayor of Puerto Rico. Earlier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtY9OtQ5vE8

*Awareness only thread*. No debating, we have an opinions section for that.

It is crazy and scary. I don't get into the news much. Whatever info i get comes from relatives who can get in touch with relatives from the island. Many are still without power and drinking water.