Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Interfaith

Old 15-12-2018, 12:25 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay00
I recently came upon the works of an Iranian philosopher called Abdolkarim Soroush . He stated thus...

'It is impossible to advance new theories... when you are under the influence of a particular view, or under the pressure of a particular dogma.'

'Islam, or any religion, will become totalitarian if it is made into an ideology, because that is the nature of ideologies.'

'Human beings can remain spiritual and religious while enjoying the benefits of rational administration of their affairs.'

This wise Iranian muslim philosopher here states the difference between religion and religious ideology .

Religion is progressive while religious ideology is regressive, due to its stifling nature and dogmas. The Dark Ages in Europe, the Taliban/Isis and regressive practices like sati and casteism in Hinduism are examples of this.

Political ideologies are most effective and efficient for humanity's welfare when they are secular and rational.

Vernacular is key when decoding language and how it correlates to the modern world. Take the world map for example, definitions of territory vary from what they were in the past, as does Religion (good point. Religion when viewed literally is deceiving because of the history of the culture involved, which includes "Force of Arms", where one culture overran another, forcing the other into their arms). Within the same culture, Religion has multiple meanings. Islamic extremest may mean something from the past, similar to Northern Extremist.

Examples

Middle East = Middle Ages Where the ideology of the middle east spread to the modern middle east and Italy with Force of Arms. That doe not necessarily mean that the people involved exclusively live in the middle east. Its the equity their bound to. 8 million slaves went from West Africa to the East during the 1600- 1800's. The number 8 represents in and out, side to side. See how it swerves, and is in a continuous arrow. Air-O.

Another example is Sufism. Sufism could be political (and by political i mean the voices who yield power around the world). Sufi extremists could go both ways. A "Religious" person as you would say, and a person of light and dark balance, who does not enjoy the Religion's darkness.

TTYL
Old 18-12-2018, 10:13 PM
ImthatIm

Vision quest.
Old 18-12-2018, 11:23 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
Vision quest.

Right of passage in Native American culture?
Old 13-02-2019, 04:55 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdizzle45
Right of passage in Native American culture?

The term is of Native American practice.

I mean it more in general.

A right of passage is good but also just a general practice of wanting to understand more.

I believe most cultures prayed and fasted and sat or wondered in nature and sought visions or enlightenment or just help from their creator or helper spirits.
Old 13-02-2019, 05:17 PM
ImthatIm

I would like to amend my former statement of vision quest.

First came the practice of LOVE. ( Our source )

Then came the practice of separation ( prejudice )

Maybe then the practice and worship of AIR, WATER, FOOD, FIRE.

Then practice of purifying oneself.

Of course all these had different traditions or ways of practice.

But LOVE is the oldest and purest and continues to this day.
Old 16-02-2019, 12:17 AM
Master

World’s oldest practices?

Neanderthal “cave bear cult” rituals is the first thing that comes to mind.

Old 18-02-2019, 05:40 AM
Guide

somebody keeps placing something underneath my heart. each time i go out in public, the hand under my heart (a persons aura) makes it seem like I am a way i'm not, and people respond to me with a visual processing bias.