Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 26-01-2016, 09:19 PM
Experiencer
I am so sorry for all you are going through. Death is never easy, nothing will ease the pain when he goes except time and grieving. But that's ok! Try to focus on the circle of life, your father means the world to you, he will leave physically but he will be with you still. I have experienced things designed to let me know my parents' spirits are around me. You will grieve, you will live your life, and when your time comes, there will be people feeling about you like you feel about your dad. I lost one parent at 13 and the other at 45 and both were long and slow demises. It never ever gets easier but you will survive it with the love and support of your own child(ren). Take comfort in knowing that every single person that ever lived or ever will live has gone or will go through the same thing and everyone understands. Don't be afraid to cry your heart out. You will be ok.
Old 26-01-2016, 09:29 PM
Master

As I mentioned earlier, prayer can help.

A gentle herbal nervine like Kalms or Quiet Life might be of value to you.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 26-01-2016, 10:22 PM
Pathfinder
Unhappy

Thank you, I am praying for him & sending gratitude to the Universe to thank him for being my Dad in this life. I will continue to pray and speak to him when he has left this plane of existence.

I am eating small bits here and there but have switched to decaf coffee now, as I would be bouncing around all night if I'd had more caffeine. I'm going to go to the Dr in the morning to see if I can get something to help me sleep.

It's strange but they way I saw him on Saturday, skeletal, with sunken cheeks and his eyes were bulging, I can't see that as clearly now, I'm blocking it subconsciously, that's what my Dad would want. He is a proud and brave man and I remember him fit and healthy and happy. That's what he would want and that's how he will be in the afterlife.

It's strange; I attempted suicide before Christmas, at the end of a horrific nervous breakdown and pulled through, I wish I hadn't put him through that, but although I can't change what's happened, I will try to grow from it and make sure that things never get to that point again.
Old 27-01-2016, 01:50 AM
Super Moderator
Dear PurpleMist,
The last thing your Dad would want for you is for anything to happen to you. He loves you very much. He will see that even more clearly when he has crossed over. He will see the purpose and the value of this life on Earth. So please...do your very best to look after yourself as a gift to him, and his Soul.

My heart-felt thoughts, because I know how hard this is. But one thing that will help, if you can do it, is shifting perspective, or viewpoint, from this world to the next. In this world things look very different to the way they look from a higher perspective.

I saw my husband dying and saw it from two angles. One way it was so tragic....another way it was peaceful, natural and there was a beauty in it as he let go of all of the trappings of this world gradually and entered into his Soul ready to make his journey.

Try if you can, not to be afraid of how your Dad looks. Those are the signs of letting go of the body. Don't be upset if he doesn't want to eat. Don't try and force him to "please eat a little bit". That is another sign of the loosening of the Soul from the body.
So long as his pain medication is good, he will be okay. Keep giving him your love and support.
Old 27-01-2016, 03:27 AM
Master

Dear Purple Mist,

So sorry to hear about what you and your Dad are going through. It's never easy and it's hard to shake off the fear but you need to look after yourself - your Dad would want you to. Remember that he may physically leave you but his love will always be with you.

Some other things I would have said to you - Tobi has already said them, so I hope you eventually find peace,

Blessings to you,
Jenny Crow
Old 27-01-2016, 03:52 AM
Guide

Sorry to hear of your sorrow. I can empathize. My own Dad died a couple years ago, long slow painful battle with cancer.

Life is the water that plays and slips through our fingers, the rush of cool mountain brook water, living and moving forward. live it forward. Love the shine in the rushing water. You are his legacy upon the earth.
Old 27-01-2016, 04:25 AM
Deactivated Account
.... .....

My mom passed suddenly when I was 20 years old and away at college... I did not get a chance to say goodbye before she passed on... It was the most challenging experience of my life - but I would not wish to change the way that things unfolded because in the 10 years that followed, that life experience served as the catalyst for the most profound growth that I never could have imagined I would experience...

As others have noted, it is good that you have advanced notice of his condition and the opportunity to not only mentally prepare yourself (as best you can), but to be able to communicate with him and say what you feel needs to be said... You said your father is a very spiritual man and that will not only aid him in his transition, but also give you some comfort in knowing that he's well-prepared to process this universal experience that we will all go through when our time comes...

You are going to be fine... You will navigate your way through these challenging times and then there will come a day when everything will be clear to you and you'll see the higher purpose and the value behind these circumstances unfolding the way that they have... Hang in there and be strong, friend...

~WOLF
Old 28-01-2016, 10:33 PM
Pathfinder
He's gone, he's really gone...I can't believe it, my hero Dad, my guide in this physical life has passed over.

He looked so peaceful, like he was asleep, but it was his body, not my Dad, his spirit was not in his body. I don't know what I will do without him....
Old 28-01-2016, 10:45 PM
Deactivated Account
Condolences, PurpleMist...

For me, I do not perceive that my loved one is 'gone' (which carries a sense of permanence to it), but rather I choose to perceive that she is simply physically 'away' from me for the time being (a temporary period of time)... Though you remain tethered through the heart-based connection that you share.

We are all going to make that same natural transition one day - but we cannot force it and must allow for our time to come...

Lots of positive energy coming your way.

~WOLF
Old 28-01-2016, 10:46 PM
Master
Bless you dear, losing those close to us is the hardest thing we will have to contend with in life. Losing my son was the toughest thing i have had to deal with. We have to keep reminding ourselves to put ourselves in their shoes... they wouldn't want us to become overwrought at their passing (even though it's almost impossible, at times). Bless you.