Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 22-12-2011, 11:35 PM
Jules

well said Nev, and funnily enough it's something I've been thinking of too. But here's my interp. When a child is born, stillborn, miscarried etc when it comes through to the loved ones, they show themselves how they would be now. Usually giving characteristics of either parents, grandparents etc. Personally I think they do it to show that the spirit evolves in death as it does in life (and I've no idea why i've just said that lol) ..

Back to the op, Hi Tammy. I don't believe there is a time limit. I helped my aunty cross and she was with me for 2 days after her passing .. a week or so later at her funeral she was stood in the aisle dancing!! stood right at the side of me urging me to get up and dance, no chance lol, I'm there laughing me head off and everyone else was in floods of tears - but that was dotty for you .. life and soul of the party - always was and always will be :).
Old 22-12-2011, 11:42 PM
Enya

It does seem to depend on how spiritually aware the person is before passing, as that helps a smooth transition and settling in. Some souls seem to focus more on their learning 'over there' and drop earthly attachments quite quickly, according to our understanding. Suicides and other traumatic deaths are tended to in healing halls and given all the support they need to adapt or heal.

Time in spirit terms is very, very flexible.. try asking a spirit person about timing and they will always answer - 'Soon'. This can mean anything from a few weeks to years...
Old 23-12-2011, 12:21 AM
Skye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammy
Is there a timeline for this sort of thing.

Do they have to be passed on for a certain amount of time roughly before contacting them? Or can one attempt to do even a couple of hours/days after on has passed?

Hi Tammy,

Sorry to hear of the recent loss of your cousin, my thoughts are with you and your family.

There is no definite timeline for a spirit person to communicate via a medium although an individuals religious beliefs may delay their communication. I don't know if you have the ability to hear your cousin or not, but if not, this does not mean you are unable to become aware of sensing his presence close to you.

What I can tell you is your cousin will receive love and care from those in the spirit world, as much as someone who has died through an accident or natural causes. He will also gain an understanding of how his actions have affected his loved ones here. And, as with other people who have cut their lives short, for whatever reason, he will be deeply sorry for being the one person who is responsible for causing their unnecessary grief and untimely suffering.

Once again please accept my sincere condolences on your loss.
Old 23-12-2011, 01:25 AM
oliviasang

Hi Tammy.
My sincerest condolences.
I have to agree with most of what I've read here. It really does depend on the spirit. I spoke to my grandmother before anyone knew she had passed, but I also have a cousin who I yet to speak to and he passed on 15 years ago. There are a lot of factors that play a part.

Oliviasang
Old 23-12-2011, 12:07 PM
Tammy

i grew up with my cousin, he was a few years younger than me, so we didnt really play together, and i havent had contact with him in like 10 years, so we werent close, so i dont think i would be able to see him/sense him, becuase he has no reason to come to me. I just feel incredily heart sore for his family, his mom and dad, are devasted.

Thanks everyone for your responses.
Old 23-12-2011, 12:24 PM
Kaausti

Blessings Tammy...

In my experience, they tend to visit all those that was close to him. He could be in Africa with the people who was helping? they can go anywhere they feel compelled to be in their new Freedom of Spirit.

They can sense anyone that is thinking about them and will make efforts to contact...no concept of time...

In any case...loss is never easy and there is no timeframe for us in the physical either to grieve. Take whatever time you need. A loss is a loss and only time can heal.

The message that came to me when you shared his charity work is that he was called to help even more people in the spiritual realm...in my beliefs, he was called to Heaven and will continue the works he did on this earth. Especially at a young age? He will have much work ahead of him and my God knows we need it.

Even knowing this...its just never never never easy for a family to lose a loved one...especially for his parents...for a parent to outlive their child is an added layer of trauma.

Blessings of LOVE and LIGHT being sent to you and your family during this time...my gut actually is aching right now...connecting to what it felt like when I lost someone very dear to my heart.
Old 23-12-2011, 04:11 PM
Experiencer

I don't know the answer to your question, Tammy, but I'm sorry to hear of your loss, and will pray for you and your cousin.

Jim
Old 23-12-2011, 06:50 PM
earthprowler

My very first reading was with a man who had passed 3 days before and had been trying to contact his family for forgiveness but even they aa mediums and sensitives wouldn't talk to him so he needed to find some who would nmake them listen. When the time is right they will come through. I've had others that refused to come thru for whatever reason.
Old 23-12-2011, 07:58 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthprowler
My very first reading was with a man who had passed 3 days before and had been trying to contact his family for forgiveness but even they aa mediums and sensitives wouldn't talk to him so he needed to find some who would nmake them listen. When the time is right they will come through. I've had others that refused to come thru for whatever reason.

quote: "...had been trying to contact his family for forgiveness but even they aa mediums and sensitives wouldn't talk to him so he needed to find some...."

That's a sad indictment of the spiritual scene in your neck of the woods - what were his kin and those practitioners thinking, one wonders....?
Old 24-12-2011, 07:14 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium_Laura
It really depends. There is no set time. My father passed from cancer and took 1 year to come to me. We had made an agreement that as soon as he could, he'd let me know he had made it.

Most go through what is called a "healing center". That time there is dependent on how much healing from earth's trauma they need. It is not much different than a hospital but with guides, angels and family who attend them with healing energy and color therapy.

I'm sorry that you cousin decided to take their life. Suicides are tricky. Sometimes the remain in limbo, sometimes they go right to healing in the light. All deaths are individual and personal. I hope you get the answers you seek.

Try reading "survival of the soul" Lisa Williams, She talks in depth about suicides and the other side.
I certainly agree with Laura...

When my Mother passed from Cancer, I knew intuitively that she hadnt yet crossed over and it took at least a year or closer to 18 months for that to happen. It was confirmed for me by my Medium friend that she had indeed been in a Healing Centre up until that point in time and that my feelings that Mum's visits had increased in that recent time period were indeed correct. Mum had been away healing and was ready to interact again :)

I am very sorry that your cousin chose to end this life time so soon, the terrible things he has seen no doubt effected him very deeply, and depression is a terrible thing to overcome. I hope he is healing from it now and will be able to communicate with you soon.