Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 11-07-2014, 02:19 PM
Guide
@FrogWarrior, It really seems you hit a nerve with folks. Anyway, yes you can experience NDE safely. I've had what people may call NDE, induced at the hands of an abuser, and later on as an adult, experienced similarly during OBEs, and altered states. I've found that in learning more about death and dying, I've learned a lot more about life, and living well.

There is a saying, we die every night in our sleep. I recommend reading up on the death process there are several excellent books that may help you connect, connecting with your guides during an altered state, such as in a OBE, deep-trance, or lucid dream and asking for help in understanding has been an excellent means of deeper understanding personally speaking.

I know my statement goes against convention here(as well as elsewhere), but I stand by my experiences, irregardless of common or mass beliefs. If you prefer the book titles or whatnot, please pm me, not too interested in fighting against other's belief systems, and don't come here too often.

Best regards. :)
Old 11-07-2014, 02:50 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
I have no proof or evidence of this at all FrogWarrior, only a weird intuition, that possibly willfully inducing an NDE might not lead to the results you may seek. There is a mystery and a Grace about life and death (my opinion only of course)

However, an OBE is a different matter, and there is no harm in extending our consciousness to incorporate what we all experience unconsciously, every night of our lives. No harm in 'waking up' internally, and exploring those realms.
That's what I think, anyway.
Thanks for explaining. So its an intuition. Maybe I'm not perceptive enough to see it, I don't know. I see dogmatism on both sides, skeptics who don't believe in anything beyond what can be measured scientifically and on the other side, people who have rigid beliefs on death, afterlife and transitioning between them as being something sacred that has to be approached in a specific way and thinking that approaching it in another way to their own is blasphemy. I don't know what life and death is, I have no idea at all, just the clues I gain from exploring. Life and death could be anything. Intuition might not be infallible, it might be influenced by beliefs, things the subconscious think to be true. Some people say that OBEs are dangerous and something that shouldn't be done by the living. I don't know anything about that though, someone who is genuinely honest won't tell you whats what, they'll just tell you their own experiences which led them to see things the way they do. Like yourself, you're not telling me anything like you know it with absolute certaintly, you're honest and tell me the reason you see things a certain way. So I take what you say into consideration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Sheep
@FrogWarrior, It really seems you hit a nerve with folks. Anyway, yes you can experience NDE safely. I've had what people may call NDE, induced at the hands of an abuser, and later on as an adult, experienced similarly during OBEs, and altered states. I've found that in learning more about death and dying, I've learned a lot more about life, and living well.

There is a saying, we die every night in our sleep. I recommend reading up on the death process there are several excellent books that may help you connect, connecting with your guides during an altered state, such as in a OBE, deep-trance, or lucid dream and asking for help in understanding has been an excellent means of deeper understanding personally speaking.

I know my statement goes against convention here(as well as elsewhere), but I stand by my experiences, irregardless of common or mass beliefs. If you prefer the book titles or whatnot, please pm me, not too interested in fighting against other's belief systems, and don't come here too often.

Best regards. :)
Thanks for sharing that. An NDE induced by an abuser that sounds pretty harsh. I'm glad you survived it, you sound like a pretty good person. So you saw a correlation between OBEs and NDEs and other altered states? Thats pretty much what I wanted to know. If theres any correlation. I've seen things in other states that defy any conventional scientific explanation, thats one of the reasons I'm so interested in shamanism (I was always interested in it, but these things amplified the fascination), its like these people are adept at exploring these altered states and unravelling the mechanisms of this reality thing. Tibetan Buddhist monks supposedly practice things related to lucid dreaming with the aim of learning how to retain consciousness when they die so they can consciously step off the reincarnation wheel and steer where they go after they die. Theres are some interesting documentaries on the Tibetan book of the dead on youtube that mention NDEs experienced by Tibetan monks.

I want to try this "connecting with your guides" thing, I just don't know how exactly. I've had at least one OBE (had one confirmed one, but possibly loads of unconfirmed ones) myself and its nice that I can learn about these things now without being hindered by skepticism. Do you have any trauma (like PTSD) after that harsh experience?

Last edited by FrogWarrior : 11-07-2014 at 04:10 PM.
Old 11-07-2014, 06:25 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPC
No, low potassium results in high blood pressure. Both magnesium and potassium lower blood pressure. Sodium raises it. There is no risk taking some extra salt (or sodium tablets) provided you don't take too much. Some people even carry salty crisps with them to take when they feel faint from low blood pressure. Caffeine would have a similar effect.

I know a little about this because I have a relative with low blood pressure. I used to have the opposite (high blood pressure), but it is back to normal now. I took extra potassium and magnesium (mainly via food) to help while the problem lasted.

Good luck!
Cheers, its a good thing you told me this, I thought potassium raises heart rate and blood pressure after looking up the symptoms of potassium deficiency, but I see now you're right sodium raises it, potassium lowers it. I'm guessing its just dangerously low levels of potassium that causes bradycardia. I was planning on taking potassium supplements but won't now just in case. I think I figured out the cause of all this, its probably a withdrawal symptom of a medication (dexedrine) I was on. I took a small amount of it, and my heart rate shot up to 105 bpm and blood pressure around 110/70. I think its about adrenaline levels. Just need to find a way to boost adrenaline naturally. I wonder if there are any home test kits for measuring electrolyte levels though, that would be fairly useful. Most people ingest too much sodium, not enough potassium.