Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 25-04-2017, 06:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
No you didn't point out yin/yang was not light... You gave a basic view which I then showed if one digs deeper that it is about unity, not separation and that all things are light..

I also didn't mix up yin and yang.. just writing.. thank you

But seriously.. if you can't add value, as running and I have already noticed.. I will ask you to leave and report you to the mods..

Yes I did point out to you that yin/yang is not just light, it is also dark.
I also pointed out that you can't have light without dark, they are distinct, individual but also inseperable.

You then start with your sarcastic comments which you have posted many times that I don't believe in energy practises, but then you throw into the post that ' if I am a Qigong Teacher '.

If one agrees with you then you deem their input as of value to the Thread but if they disagree then it is not, you can't have it both ways.If you feel the need to report me to Mods because I do not agree with you then please do so....
Old 25-04-2017, 06:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Yes I did point out to you that yin/yang is not just light, it is also dark.
I also pointed out that you can't have light without dark, they are distinct, individual but also inseperable.

I then showed you where light and dark are man made and in reality there is no light and dark, heaven and earth.. It is all one and the same..

Did you miss those quotes?

Quote:
You then start with your sarcastic comments which you have posted many times that I don't believe in energy practises, but then you throw into the post that ' if I am a Qigong Teacher '.

No, I said that you don't believe in energy, yet you are a Qigong teacher...

I find that interesting to say the least.

Quote:
If one agrees with you then you deem their input as of value to the Thread but if they disagree then it is not, you can't have it both ways.If you feel the need to report me to Mods because I do not agree with you then please do so....

I will report you if you continue to bring one line sentences that don't add value... like others have noticed you doing..

You are free to disagree with me, many do.. but if you do so I would ask that you bring a quote and a reference instead of your normal snarky comments..

An example being when asked what is the One that emerges from the Dao?

Your reply:

Quote:
Quote:
One Father Xmas, or two or three. Lol.

Understand?
Old 25-04-2017, 07:51 PM
Knower
"It is very difficult to get a human birth. It is much more difficult to have a interest in spirituality. It is even more difficult to get company of Self-Relialized masters.
- Amma

This is from Shankaracharaya
The crestjewel of discrimination
Landmark scripture.

Quote:
2. For all beings a human birth is difficult to obtain, more so is a male body [note: at the time of this writing the higher practices were more available to men]; rarer than that is Brahmanahood; rarer still is the attachment to the path of Vedic religion; higher than this is erudition in the scriptures; discrimination between the Self and not-Self, Realisation, and continuing in a state of identity with Brahman – these come next in order. (This kind of) Mukti (Liberation) is not to be attained except through the well-earned merits of a hundred crore of births.

3. These are three things which are rare indeed and are due to the grace of God – namely, a human birth, the longing for Liberation, and the protecting care of a perfected sage.

Boldtexted by me..

The scriptures are unisonly stressing the importance of the contact with a Guru to be on the path to liberation. The difficulty of attaining a human incarnation.
And then the grace of having longing for the liberation into Brahmanic Consciousness.

*Jonesboy- appreciated the posting of the rest of the sutras in 15 verses of freedom by Abhinivagupta.

I will comment more on that later....

Last edited by Bindu* : 25-04-2017 at 09:33 PM.
Old 25-04-2017, 08:35 PM
Master
Nice post Bindu!!
Old 25-04-2017, 08:40 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Agree or disagree you are welcome to play along,

when there is nothing to do but pointless activity i am game. which happens in my field of work.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 25-04-2017, 08:54 PM
Master
As far as I can tell there is a light and a dark, but I couldn't explain either one. And I mean, it's not an answer. When it comes to a 'true guru', they be would be like Ok, it is that way and so what? If such an imaginary guru - wait, I mean the true guru I imagine - asked me like that, I'd be like... 'just sayin...'
Old 25-04-2017, 09:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
As far as I can tell there is a light and a dark, but I couldn't explain either one. And I mean, it's not an answer. When it comes to a 'true guru', they be would be like Ok, it is that way and so what? If such an imaginary guru - wait, I mean the true guru I imagine - asked me like that, I'd be like... 'just sayin...'

That is the thing..

A real guru touches your being, it is an experience, a being..

The talking is to help you understand what you are experiencing..

A big difference..
Old 25-04-2017, 09:44 PM
Deactivated Account
Good afternoon all

IT is the mercy of my true Guru that has made me to know the unknown;
I have learned from Him how to walk without feet, to see without eyes, to hear without ears, to drink without mouth, to fly without wings;
I have brought my love and my meditation into the land where there is no sun and moon, nor day and night.
Without eating, I have tasted of the sweetness of nectar; and without water, I have quenched my thirst.
Where there is the response of delight, there is the fullness of joy. Before whom can that joy be uttered?
Kabîr says: "The Guru is great beyond words, and great is the good fortune of the disciple."

The Songs of Kabir
Old 25-04-2017, 09:55 PM
Knower

The Guru is within.....
You meet the Guru in the outer world...
That outer Guru says....
"The Guru is within"...
"Go within".....

So the pull of the inner guru is to go within and meet your own Self.
The outer Guru is just a chatalyst for that accelerated process.

It seems some contact with a Guru in outer life is of importance.
But need not be more than one meeting.
Not many people live in ashrams really.
It's typical of a true Guru to send the disciple away.
Being attached to the Guru's outer form is counterproductive...
Old 25-04-2017, 10:39 PM
Knower
Fifteen (15) verses of Wisdom

http://reluctant-messenger.com/15verses.htm

Jonesboy wrote:
Quote:
Interesting, did you read the rest of it?

Yes.
In the book "Selfrealization in Kashmir Shaivism",
Lakshman Joo. devotes a whole chapter to giving comments
on each verse. Great reading and synopsis of the core teachings
of Kashmir shaivism. Abhinivagupta is supposed to have composed
these 15 verses for disciples with limited intellectual capacities.
I don't know if I am one in that category of seekers :icon
But I like it very much !