Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 17-11-2010, 12:39 PM
SandybytheSea

Hi Scibat
I know how difficult it must be for a someone with a scientific bent to open up to beliefs that can't be proven in a laboratory, and as eraser said, most of what you hear or read is going to be "anecdotal" - which no true scientist can accept. However, if you can rest your left brain hemisphere and the need for absolute proof, then you'll literally discover a whole other world.

I'm a sceptical believer. That means I refuse to accept anything on face value, but I don't discount anything either. We all have a "line in the sand" that we refuse to step over, but I learnt many years ago that this line keeps moving as we gain more life experience, and things which seemed improbable or impossible once eventually become second nature to us. As you're 41, you'll no doubt have discovered this yourself - impossible that man would ever fly, humans could never reach the moon, Columbus will fall off the edge of the earth, the sun revolves around the earth, etc.

I've personally had many experiences with departed loved ones, but telling you about them is, once again, just anecdotal. And besides, you don't know me, I could be making up stories! (Trust me, I don't!) I'm also a professional past life regression therapist - professional meaning I only accept clients referred by psychologists and psychiatrists - so I've also had many experiences in that regard, too. Any doubts I once had that we survive death have long been put to rest.

But you, my friend, need to know for yourself, not as a result of other people's experiences. And at the moment, it's difficult to open up to the many whispers and nods and winks you're getting from the other side. Oh yes, they're happening, and you know they are, but it's easy to just dismiss them as "coincidences".

I'd highly recommend you read Michael Newton's book, Journey of Souls and also that you visit Leslie Flint's site http://www.leslieflint.com - I won't tell you anything about him, you'll learn all you need to there, but I recommend you listen to some of the tapes available free at that site.

I'd disagree with Greenslade (a VERY rare occurrence) that there can be no physical proof of reincarnation (or even life after death) because there has been, and often. I remember a colleague (regression therapist) taking a client from Australia to the UK to dig up a coin that she'd buried in a chicken coop in her previous lifetime, and finding it! I remember a lady who had a near death experience in hospital in the US and insisted there was a shoe with its lace tucked under the toe sitting on a high window ledge on the other side of the hospital - she had seen it when she left her body. She was so insistant that someone verify this that eventually a social worker went looking for it and eventually found it, having had to almost climb out on a ledge to retrieve it.

Last year, an acquaintance of mine had a near death experience (for 47 minutes!) and her story was shown on our TV news program. You might want to watch the 2 minute news report at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsbOuacQwwc Carmel is a very sensible and down to earth lady and I think you'll find her story fascinating.

Keep searching Scibat, the answers you seek are out there, but sometimes we can't see the forest because there's just too many trees in our way!
Old 17-11-2010, 12:57 PM
mac

"I'd disagree with Greenslade (a VERY rare occurrence) that there can be no physical proof of reincarnation (or even life after death) because there has been, and often. I remember a colleague (regression therapist) taking a client from Australia to the UK to dig up a coin that she'd buried in a chicken coop in her previous lifetime, and finding it! I remember a lady who had a near death experience in hospital in the US and insisted there was a shoe with its lace tucked under the toe sitting on a high window ledge on the other side of the hospital - she had seen it when she left her body. She was so insistant that someone verify this that eventually a social worker went looking for it and eventually found it, having had to almost climb out on a ledge to retrieve it."

Interesting as these accounts are, they only show that the subject was privy to that information in some way - it's not proof that the individual who was apparently recalling an event actually ever lived through it. I'm not claiming that they didn't live the event, only that it's not proven that they did. There are other ways that such information might be learned - overshadowing is just one example.

As for apparent NDEs, they indicate only that an individual appeared to be dead but they don't have much to do with the afterlife situation anyway. (forum topic)

The questions go on but please don't forget that mac is not a sceptic - as a dyed-in-the-wool Modern Spiritualist, life and the afterlife, along with reincarnation and all the rest are my everyday fare!
Old 17-11-2010, 01:24 PM
glenos

Oou, I like that... 'Modern Spiritualist'.
Old 17-11-2010, 01:37 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenos
Oou, I like that... 'Modern Spiritualist'.

I've adopted that descriptor to distinguish from 'spiritualist' - someone indefinably interested in spirituality....

Modern only intended to mean 'not ancient'!
Old 17-11-2010, 01:45 PM
Hi Scibat,
Told you this was a nicer place!!!

What great posts here!

This isn't evidence or anything - just a story from my sister after Dad died.
She was driving too fast in snow on a country road and got herself in a ditch sideways at night...when Dad's voice came to her as clear as a bell - and said,
" Gun it - don't let the tires stop!!" So she did and was able to get out sliding all over the place.

She said, "It was Dad - I don't even talk like that -'Gun it'!"

I have more stories, but I like that one.
There is no reason for me to doubt friends with all their stories - just bec I have not had anything big happen to me.
Plus, I'm an NDE nut - we have a small area here.
Dr. Moody is no one I would ever doubt.

Do you think wanting empirical evidence is a trick of the mind to keep you from
experiencing something more spiritual?
I do, bec my mind tries to trick me so much.

It's hard to put spirit into a bottle or under a microscope - they keep
trying tho with all those cameras and heat sensors !! Ha!
Welcome here.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 17-11-2010, 04:30 PM
Scibat

Thanks everyone for the great replies, insights and helpful advice. Its a lot to digest, so bear with me if I am a little slow in replies while I read, re-read, hit some of these links provided and see where it leads me. And yes Miss H, you were right on the money. Thank you.
Old 17-11-2010, 07:10 PM
Moon Willow

Hey Scibat,
Sorry for the late reply but just wanted to send you a great big hug and a few thoughts.

Personally I believe in the after-life and have had many beautiful experiences since the passing-over of my daughter. And with all the confirmation I have had that it was her she is always safe and happy and has none of the illness that caused her to pass-over. She's perfect and well looked-after!

I am also just starting to realise I have mediumistic abilities. In the past, I have been able to pass on information to complete strangers about their loved ones with suprising detail so I REALLY do believe (sorry I can't help in your case - I'm just waiting to find a teacher before I take my abilities any further and keep practising). Just know that your brother is safe and happy in spirit, and won't want you to be worrying about him - he will just want you to be happy.

What you do need to realise is that the forcing of wanting something to happen and the anxiety that you are experiencing could be the reason why you haven't had any experiences of your own. A really good thing to do is just set the intention that you want your brother to give you a sign that he is ok, then just leave it at that. Don't try to force anything, just observe. Signs may come in the form of a feather, or a penny, or something that only you and your brother would understand. Keep an open mind to how confirmation will be presented.

Sending you lots of love, light and blessings in your hard time,
Moon Willow
Old 18-11-2010, 04:17 PM
Experiencer
I have no evidence but the readings of Edgar Cayce resonate strongly with me in most areas. I too questioned whether or not there was an afterlife. After reading his works, I can't help but to believe. I wish you much happiness!
Old 18-11-2010, 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zagacat
I have no evidence but the readings of Edgar Cayce resonate strongly with me in most areas. I too questioned
whether or not there was an afterlife. After reading his works, I can't help but to believe. I wish you much happiness!

"I can't help but believe" ---I know me, too.
I feel very glad science doesn't muddle my belief in that which is "unseen".
I know Dr. Raymond Moody didn't believe for years !

Scibat - do you know about the book "Life after Life"?
It is in most used bookstores. It's the pioneer book of afterlife experiences of children with documented "deaths" and revivals in the OR.

If you two had children would they be named Scicat or Zagabat?

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 18-11-2010, 09:45 PM
mikron

Greetings sharing and Light consciousness

Hi All those spiritual Light workers on the path to know more about the After Life!

There is definite proof but ..... the creator created this situation not me! I am talking about a very subtle thing, that some people know when they go through cross someone over to the other side . take into consideration who do hospice volunteering and also those whose 3rd eye is activated

5 days before someone passes anyone with the gift of sight can see (etheric and astral energies) what has been described Esoterically going back millions of years

they can see the Antakarana(Rainbow Bridge) come down to ready the person for the astral plane , this is something that is part of the grand design of the creator and also serves as a sign missing from most of spiritual thought some light workers do not even think that all people have a physical emotional and mental aspect

well the Antakarana is proof each person has these levels of being and that is something that proves the Soul

Namaste mikron

ps:for a more detailed information will be posted in my
Sharing Ageless Wisdom post soon