Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 15-02-2014, 11:49 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Sheep
I don't quite understand this.

In what sense?
Old 15-02-2014, 03:40 PM
Guide
Maybe I highlighted too much, but specifically, although I understand how the higher self is self, I don't understand the relation of agape, or tripped on that word agape relation to the context. But, I never really understood agape conceptually, I've tried to understand what it means but it's just a concept beyond me; I fall to grasp or comprehend. :P

Would it be similar to that feeling of being torn to bits or just physically explode by love on such a profound level?

Otherwise though, from what I've experienced, or understand, is that the foundation of all there is, is love, and not only that, but it is an unfathomable strength and depth.

What do you say?
Old 15-02-2014, 11:03 PM
Ascender

Quote:
I don't understand the relation of agape, or tripped on that word agape relation to the context. But, I never really understood agape conceptually, I've tried to understand what it means but it's just a concept beyond me; I fall to grasp or comprehend. :P

Because it's not a concept/something to be grasped. It is a state of Being/Realisation/Awareness.

Quote:
What do you say?

i'm not enlightened. i have been studying enlightened teachers for years. All they can do is point to what it is they are experiencing, not explain it in words (& they all very much point to the same 'thing'). The fully enlightened i would think is incredibly few. Someone stated that only one person in the whole of India was fully awake - & Globally it's around 4 people (out of 7 Billion), wouldn't surprise me if that were true.
Old 16-02-2014, 01:43 PM
Guide
Quote:
Because it's not a concept/something to be grasped. It is a state of Being/Realisation/Awareness.
True. I've just seen it used in a commercial sense or thrown around a bit(like Agape Sales Associates, etc.). I imagine it was more of a proclamation than anything though. I though you might be able to extrapolate your understanding of it though(as it's in the frame I'm more interested in).

Quote:
i'm not enlightened. i have been studying enlightened teachers for years. All they can do is point to what it is they are experiencing, not explain it in words (& they all very much point to the same 'thing'). The fully enlightened i would think is incredibly few. Someone stated that only one person in the whole of India was fully awake - & Globally it's around 4 people (out of 7 Billion), wouldn't surprise me if that were true.
That's really cool. Oh, I wasn't asking though from a enlightened perspective more a person to person(no offense, I just imagine it's a rare person to meet, and I'm lousy at the lotto :P), but I can see how it's a problem.

Anyway, thanks for you reply, much appreciated.
Old 16-02-2014, 11:33 PM
Ascender

Quote:
I though you might be able to extrapolate your understanding of it though(as it's in the frame I'm more interested in).

I wasn't asking though from a enlightened perspective more a person to person

As per the other posts - i don't know, is the simple answer. i could write reams & reams about all the stuff i've read, talked about, experienced, thought about, & come across. All the different writings, systems, theories, concepts, perspectives & all the rest. Does it all really matter?

Very much i feel that there is far far more to life than meets the eye, that we're in a kind of training, & that there are vast spiritual realms. That we are spiritual Beings having a human experience. i expect that there is some kind of reincarnation path that the Soul takes, until we learn mastery of the physical/incarnated Worlds. i would think that a genuine agape is part of that mastery. To be in a large degree of Self realisation, to be in a high degree of awareness of truth & reality.

From a very grounded & practical perspective & understanding, i don't think all this 'spiritual' business really matters that much. It's more i feel about learning as much as we can, & living as fully as can with the life & circumstances that we have. What comes after is what comes.

My own practise is just a very basic & simple mindfulness/meditation/contemplation, & practising some very basic principles - stuff like surrender, allowance, & trying to be peaceful & kind. i don't think that anything else is really needed - it's just all largely the Monkey mind as some would say.
Old 05-03-2014, 08:36 PM
DayLight1555

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR1981
I'm having difficulty embracing the idea of "supersoul" or "oversoul". It, to me, sounds like no one is truly an individual, which makes the concept of LOVE a challenge. I do believe love is the most powerful bond, but it isn't as if I wish to somehow become someone else or everyone else, you know where we all just sort of melt into one another.

I think it has something to do with filters (figuratively speaking). If you are BIG, you could put a filter on you and make you limited. So maybe the Oversoul experiences individuality when it puts a filter on its individual parts (fragments), which are individual humans.

Each individual part is then disconnected from the Overall Self and is experiencing only what it can perceive through the filter.

Imagine that a cell in your body is so complex that is has become self aware, like a person But it's a fat cell. It's only aware of the tiny world that it relates to, the world of fat, the processes of fat, anything that relates to its function. Imagine that you could hear/feel what your cell is thinking and feeling. So this cell is a part of you, and yet it's an individual.

you, as a human, would have a different perspective on life overall because you see much more then your individual cell.

So your Oversoul will feel/hear what you feel/hear. But you, as an individual are only aware of a limited number of things. It's like you're disconnected from your oversoul, you have a filter on. This filter doesn't let everything your Oversoul knows to come through to you.

But how could the cell perceive the world through YOUR eyes (as the overall self)? I don't know. I just know that some people felt like they were much bigger. So there must be a way to be able to perceive the world from the perspective of your Oversoul.

It looks like that you could choose different views/lenses/perspectives. You could see from the perspective of your oversoul and see all, or you could put a filter back on and be or perceive as an individual.

Some people described the feeling that they were a part of all, that they were huge. I am assuming that this means they have linked up to their Oversoul and were able to see the world from Oversoul's perspective.
Old 06-03-2014, 04:06 PM
DayLight1555

There is a book (from channelling Seth) called "Oversoul Seven". (by Jane Roberts)

http://www.amazon.com/Oversoul-Seven...oversoul+seven

It's presented in a story format. For example, one of Oversoul Seven's personalities (individual fragment) Lydia is preparing to reincarnate into a baby in such and such time. Oversoul Seven is making preparations. It shows how Lydia and Oversoul Seven relate to each other. It also shows how Lydia relates to her own experiences of other reincarnations and such.

It also shows that a body/baby consciousness and Lydia's consciousness are different things and that Lydia can pop out of the "body" and put herself in other places.
Old 18-03-2014, 06:22 PM
Ascender

A brief summary of some Theosophical ideas -

Our essence is beyond space and time, aware of itself as a part of infinity. I'll call this Spirit

This essence puts a very small part of itself - the soul - into the world of space and time, incarnation, and so develops its consciousness through experiencing duality.
After hundreds or even thousands of incarnations, the soul is ready to merge into its spirit and continue its evolution in worlds beyond our imagination.

The soul itself creates another layer - the personality or ego - which is the vehicle of consciousness for the soul in one particular life time.

In Western culture the soul is strongly encouraged to forget its own identity, and to identify itself solely with its personality. This makes for a cheap, obedient workforce.

Spiritual emergence in this model occurs when identification with the personality/ego is broken, even for only a moment. The personality/ego has to come to terms with the realisation that there is much more to life than it had realised (made real).

Once this limited identification is broken, the ego will desire to return to its old way of life, yet usually has to concede it has a bigger purpose than it wants. Consensual reality no longer works for it, so it must experiment and create a larger map of reality.

Often ego inflation occurs at this stage. The ego has a strong sense of separation, yet has had a glimpse of the immensity of the universal mind. It may then decide it is the messiah or God or a chosen saviour. As a spirit, it is indeed God, however as a soul and ego, it is still evolving to become God incarnate.

A spiritual emergence is a part of the evolutionary process when awareness shifts from ego to soul. With mindfulness, we can observe if our thoughts, emotions and actions arise from our ego - that strong sense of a separate me - or from the soul.

Eventually, the ego has had enough of suffering, and is ready to accept it is a part of a much greater being than it believed itself to be, and to be grateful for that.
Old 04-04-2014, 08:57 PM
William

WingMakers Material

Hi

WingMakers Material speaks about this concept.

First Source/Prime Creator
Universal Entities
Sovereign Entities
Entities
Individuals

The idea is that at all these together are Source, but the layers/levels are distinguishable depending on position and knowledge.
Each understands itself to be 'individual' and all consist of the 'others' although that knowledge is not readily accessible to the Entity and Individual levels.

Consciousness is the connecting factor.

Most importantly in relation to Source and the individual, consigning incorrect agency to Its nature results in the individual focusing on Entities as 'being Source/God' and in relation to the water metaphor, these Entities essentially act as dams and conduits redirecting the flow of consciousness back into itself and basically playing the role of Source in relation to the individual, effectively cutting Source out.

It is a complex cosmology.
Old 05-04-2014, 06:48 AM
Niebla0007

What a coincidence! I was just listening to a song featuring Supersoul this afternoon. Now I'm wondering what this calling is all about, whether it's actually for somebody else.