Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 28-02-2012, 10:27 AM
Lemon

Good luck to you Brandon. If it was me, I would probably have a lot of anxieties to deal with, especially about returning to the same situation at work, but at the same time, there's a heck of a lot of other fears that would be gone.

Trouble being motivated... You have the opportunity to be motivated by what's truly in your heart, what shines outward from within. Most people are only motivated by what's pushing inward from the world, like peer pressure and such. You know, God forbid somebody makes fun of them if they're not wearing matching socks.

Well, I've been thinking about the movie 'Yes Man' a lot recently, so that might be influencing my reasoning a little here. Maybe a pinch of salt is in order if you're read my post.
Old 28-02-2012, 02:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon
Hello my name is Brandon. i am 27 years old.
I have never posted anything online or really talked to anyone about this.
Im not even sure wher to start so ill just start my rant.
My whole life i have been raised christian and tryed to be the best person i can be. i went to church, i worked hard at my job, i trained at a gym 6 days a week, i recycle and waste nothing.
I was in really great shape was happy and loved life... untill last year.
I was at work and had 4 large seizures i was taken to the hospital in an ambulance and i woke up 2 hours later with 2 doctors standing over me. they said that i was really close to death i wasnt breathing and i had hit my head really hard on a parking block.
So now hear i am i have no modivation to do anything at all. i think about death constantly. i just feel like i was suppoesed to die. i know it sounds like i am depressed but im really not i am actually looking forward to day i do finally die. ummm... im not really sure what else to write i just wanted to get these feelings off my chest. thx for reading.

Hi , perhaps what happen to you is not just an experience or discovery but REALIZATION ...you are now being " aware" of yourself .
I never read any Buddhism books but from discussion I was told of a very interesting story about Mr Siddharta ( better known as the Buddha) and I choose and wanted to believe is true .
Mr Siddharta was asked by a monk , are you a GOD ? He said NO .
The monk asked again , are you a teacher ? He said NO . The curious monk asked again , who are you ? Mr Siddharta said " I AM AWAKE".
you see , perhaps we are all "asleep" enjoying our nice time entertaining our desire , our emotions but we never being "push" to know "what we are" , we always believe "who we are " .
In Buddhism , to me is to realize " what am I" , " my existance" and the end of me .
Realization is a process of understanding ownself and your " confusion" to me is great , you had moved to a greater level of realization .
Thks
CSEe
Old 28-02-2012, 06:13 PM
sesheta

To Brandon

It must have been really scary to go through that, but you did survive, and there is a reason for it!
I met the love of my life just over a year ago. Over the years, we had both gone through things that could have killed us. He was struck by a car while crossing the road; his vehicle was also struck by a train when he crossed an unmarked track.....
I battled and survived cancer, and was in a car accident, as well.
When I think about how easy it could have been for either of us to die from one of those situations, it humbles me...and I also truly believe that we both survived so that we could be brought together.
So don't assume you were supposed to die...believe that you were supposed to live...and that the reason why will be made clear to you in time :)
Old 02-03-2012, 11:36 PM
NekoTheCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon
Hello my name is Brandon. i am 27 years old.
I have never posted anything online or really talked to anyone about this.
Im not even sure wher to start so ill just start my rant.
My whole life i have been raised christian and tryed to be the best person i can be. i went to church, i worked hard at my job, i trained at a gym 6 days a week, i recycle and waste nothing.
I was in really great shape was happy and loved life... untill last year.
I was at work and had 4 large seizures i was taken to the hospital in an ambulance and i woke up 2 hours later with 2 doctors standing over me. they said that i was really close to death i wasnt breathing and i had hit my head really hard on a parking block.
So now hear i am i have no modivation to do anything at all. i think about death constantly. i just feel like i was suppoesed to die. i know it sounds like i am depressed but im really not i am actually looking forward to day i do finally die. ummm... im not really sure what else to write i just wanted to get these feelings off my chest. thx for reading.

i didnt read what others have to say..but here goes my 2 cents
i quite understand one would think about death a lot after they pass through such a situation because it is shocking, especially when docs say *you almost died*
it is not something to be considered depressed about..its more the confusion of*why didnt i die?*
i think you could try and experience life even more now. experience new things, i dont know..
i believe that those who were given a second shot at life are meant to help somebody with something before their time.

what im trying to say, there is nothing wrong with how and what you feel. hang in there for now
Old 03-03-2012, 12:25 AM
Master
Brandon... I'm wondering if you had an NDE but don't recall it. Your sense of feeling unmotivated and longing to die is well known among near death experiencers, especially those who don't remember what happened while they were 'out'.

There are many books on this subject, and the website for Near Death Research Foundation has a wealth of information and stories. http://NDERF.net

My suggestion is to explore there. If my hunch is true, understanding what changed you so drastically can help very much.

Xan