Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 24-05-2020, 11:50 AM
ketzer

[quote=sky123]I wonder what John had injested before he wrote this Book .. He certainly had a vivid imagination.[/QUOTE

When you think about it, revelation is the perfect drug. Nothing to grow or refine. It's users become highly addicted. Some will become irritable and start hallucinating about seeing the drug if they haven't had a sufficient dose recently. Many refuse to give it up regardless of how many times the hallucinations are shown to be false. Not only is it perfectly legal, but the right to take and distribute it is enshrined in many constitutions. The pushers make fortunes on it, yet the users think they are doing them a favor on behalf of God.
I don't know what kind of pharmacy background John had, but I suspect he had a degree in alchemy, because he seems to have found a way to make gold!
In comparison, water into wine doesn't seem like such a big deal.
Old 24-05-2020, 08:09 PM
MAYA EL

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil
This would have to be the most funniest skit on spirituality that I have ever seen. & I think that it may never be topped.

TAAAA for that. 🙂👍
Lol I about died when I first saw it haha
Old 24-05-2020, 08:18 PM
MAYA EL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
"I am saying is take a look at these unusual findings of mine and see what all you have found or have to add to it."

Sorry, I was addressing the larger topic of revelation, but perhaps that was not what you wanted to hear about. In my honest opinion, I have looked at your findings and have not found them to be the least bit unusual. I have seen this sort of factual jimmying and jury rigging to make things fit many many times before. To me they appear to be the same old nonsense that has the unfortunate effect of distracting people from looking further to see the true meaning of love, compassion, and forgiveness in the teachings of Jesus. Instead people get the idea that Jesus started some sort of fantasy novel religion where demons, devils, angels, and seven headed beasts, fight against each other to determine their fate until God the big dog shows up to settle the matter. It is all predetermined in prophecy like the film reel of a Holywood movie and all they need to do is get the popcorn and watch it play out. They may never hear the true revolutionary message in Jesus's teachings because they get caught up believing it is really about this sort of revelationary nonsense. Every crisis or major world event has those who do this sort of mental alchemy to get the current facts to somehow match up with that vague prophecy nonsense. And then ten or twenty years after revelation didn't come, when they are doing it again with the next crisis or event, many of those who have been through it before walk away from the whole Jesus thing in disgust. I think that any religion that needs to resort to such tactics is completely oblivious to the true message in Jesus's teachings, and is quite frankly just misguided and sad. It may only be my opinion, but I expect that those who understand what Jesus was teaching, don't find a need for all this other **** that has been added in to keep people too scared to abandon the faith.

Sorry if this is not what you would like to hear, but that is my honest interpretation of your signs and this whole end of times prophesy stuff. If it were just a scary story I think it would indeed be fun and harmless thing to think about, but it seems to me that too many take it seriously and spend too much time worrying about the rapture and not enough time learning how to change their hearts, love their neighbor, and forgive their enemies. I don't know if it makes you feel any better, but I expect you feel a bit like Jesus might after seeing how mankind has **** all over his message. I think Jesus might say something like,
23 “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you tithe mint and dill and cumin, and have neglected the weightier matters of the law: justice and mercy and faithfulness.
or perhaps
13 “But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you shut the kingdom of heaven in people's faces. For you neither enter yourselves nor allow those who would enter to go in.[d]

I've heard that a million times before from cookie cutter Christian's and you also obviously didn't even read any of my other comments on here or perhaps even my original comment. This is for you https://youtu.be/ZBdnyrzq96s
Old 25-05-2020, 06:05 AM
MAYA EL

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo50
what you're referring to in the Book of (Revelation 13.1), is referring to satan, he is called the "dragon. see (Rev. 12:9 So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him). here the 10 horned ,7 headed beast wore a crown of diadems, which represent Authority.

John describes how this beast looked. Daniel also describes "Beast" coming out of the sea ,(Dan. 7:2-8). these "Beast" that they see, are symbolic and represented Kings or political powers of the Earth. see (Dan. 7:17,18 “These four huge beasts represent four kingdoms that will arise from the earth. But in the end, the holy people of the Most High will be given the kingdom, and they will rule forever and ever”). "One of the heads of the beast seemed to have had a fatal wound, but the fatal wound had been healed." basically represents those governments who were once in Power. each one falls at different times.

here the first fell by means of the next Powerful King or government. there were still more coming and, which in time, they followed the lead, each fell, still one or the "LAST" remains... which is in our time. who soon will also fall by the hands of a Righteous king Jesus ,(Dan. 2:44 “During the reigns of those kings, the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed or conquered. It will crush all these kingdoms into nothingness, and it will stand forever). so Rev. 13 isn't referring to the coronavirus.

You sound like a TBN replay . And obviously didn't pay attention to the fact that I said I was interested in NEW perspectives not mainstream replays from the 700 club
Old 25-05-2020, 01:45 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAYA EL
You sound like a TBN replay . And obviously didn't pay attention to the fact that I said I was interested in NEW perspectives not mainstream replays from the 700 club

MAYA EL,

Here is the question: Are you presenting this theory as possibly true or as probably true ? Personally it makes as little sense to me as TBN replays that you speak of. The only thing that makes sense for me is a spiritual understanding like the site provided about Cayce. The problem with your theory and all the other theories(such as TBN) is that they are time specific. This means that Revelations has served no purpose for the entirety of Christianity. Do you think that anyone 1,000 years ago could have forecast Covid19 ? Why would a book be included in the Bible if it did not have relevance for all time ?
Old 31-05-2020, 10:31 PM
MAYA EL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
MAYA EL,

Here is the question: Are you presenting this theory as possibly true or as probably true ? Personally it makes as little sense to me as TBN replays that you speak of. The only thing that makes sense for me is a spiritual understanding like the site provided about Cayce. The problem with your theory and all the other theories(such as TBN) is that they are time specific. This means that Revelations has served no purpose for the entirety of Christianity. Do you think that anyone 1,000 years ago could have forecast Covid19 ? Why would a book be included in the Bible if it did not have relevance for all time ?

I have come to the conclusion that people are incapable of comprehending new information
An example being what you just said because if you had read my post on here you would know that I have answered your questions already.
Old 31-05-2020, 10:40 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAYA EL
I have come to the conclusion that people are incapable of comprehending new information
An example being what you just said because if you had read my post on here you would know that I have answered your questions already.

Your post #3 made sense.....post #1 not so much(saying everything is linked to coronavirus). Which post are you referring to ?
Old 31-10-2020, 01:04 AM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
There is a different reason for that which had something to do with Friday 13th being when King Philip of France rounded up hundreds of Templar Knights and put them all to death...ever since then, the number 13 has been associated with inauspiciousness.

As for the Bible, Revelation 13 and all of that..

I have pretty much ignored all of those ancient attempts to describe modern technology....ever since Ezekiel's vision. Also, the lack of any specifics leaves a lot to be desired. "Sea" could mean anything from the South China one to the Black one with people who are not prepared to take God's Word literally, becoming religious conspiracy theorists....maybe God is conspiring with Satan? (it wouldn't be the first time...but I digress).

What is going on now, is most DEFINITELY a battle for our Soul whichever way this cookie crumbles...freedom within the limited constructs of mankind (restriction of speech and movement) or freedom in Christ? Do we live the Faith in the face of all adversity? or succumb to media generated fear and persecution because we simply don't?

Do we listen to the Word of God or the word of man? Because sometimes our free will gets tested...even tested to the death. How many will renounce their Faith in Christ for mortality (no matter how insane, torturous and hellish that IS)? Sometimes, the Demiurge likes to see these things...even hedging bets (just like He did with Job)...so, can we be more like Job?

Interesting knowledge.
Old 31-10-2020, 01:59 PM
Master
Think about the survival instinct, when this reality in time and space is not even the greater reality!

This pandemic is continually taking lives, overcrowding hospitals, and the goal is to make a succsessful vaccine.
And, what do the Revelation prophesies say, but that those who receive the mark, cannot die.

You're not thinking critically of what's going on in this world around you.
Are you?
Prophesies say a third of mankind will perish.
And, what does Revelation 10:5-9 telling us?

Every organic lifeform from the microbe, to us, has the inate survival instinct. Yet, it is all part of the Matrix.
Jesus spoke of a greater reality and truth.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 31-10-2020, 03:46 PM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
Think about the survival instinct, when this reality in time and space is not even the greater reality!

This pandemic is continually taking lives, overcrowding hospitals, and the goal is to make a succsessful vaccine.
And, what do the Revelation prophesies say, but that those who receive the mark, cannot die.

You're not thinking critically of what's going on in this world around you.
Are you?
Prophesies say a third of mankind will perish.
And, what does Revelation 10:5-9 telling us?

Every organic lifeform from the microbe, to us, has the inate survival instinct. Yet, it is all part of the Matrix.
Jesus spoke of a greater reality and truth.

It's important to try to stay away from fear, fear mongering and conspiracy

Philippians 4:6-7

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

2 Timothy 1:7

For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.

1 John 4:18 ESV

There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.