Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 15-07-2018, 10:12 PM
Shivani! Thank you! for this youtube!
I skipped from. 1 min to 9minute increments waiting to be confused, LOL....i was so excited...so 19 , 29 49....i stopped at 1 hr 29....I got so excited...
I grok the whole thing!
BUT, it's not that I'm smart, but my exposure to years of ACIM...and (shhh, so much L*D decades ago),
and so many decades of hours of meditation with a Hindu background and Guru... influences my
brain....my THING is that this is all Illusion...I experience it as a Dream.

(At 8 years old I was given a 'supernatural' mystical moment...and as a child looking at everything
around me...I actually said out loud...mouth dropped,
"This is a dream....")
So that is my base of reference. At our High School Class Night ...where people get ''Most likely to Succeed" awards...
I got "Most Abstract"...and got
an abstract painting....lol!

I happen to know this place is the Illusion yogis speak of....it's 100% is not real.
Matter doesn't exist. It appears as matter, hard, smooth, soft....a tree, a chair....
But it sure isn't.

I will look at the rest of the youtube there's 15 minutes left.

(And time, space? oh right...what a fake out...there is no such thing as time OR space.
It's a good Illusion....that's why they call it an Illusion..LOL....we are all tricked by it!!!)
Nothing happens in front of our eyes that we don't create ourselves...there is a mass
Agreement here to accept, for the time being, that
there is such a thing as gravity and up and down...
and that we are these meat suits.
Don't believe it for a second!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 15-07-2018, 10:39 PM
If this helps anyone...Thought and Belief are the creative forces of the Universe.
What you think and believe and say ...happen.
It is like we lay the tracks with those 3 things....and our future eventually
follows the tracks we laid with our beliefs and thoughts and desires and speech.

Christians often say ...'Say it and claim it!'
Jesus said..."Say to this mountain..."...funny he didn't say....Ask your Father to move the mountain or
pray to have the mountain moved in my name.

What goes on in our heads (subconsciously) is what eventually is seen against the backdrop of an empty canvas before our eyes.
It's all a stage...it's the Lila, the Cosmic Dance, Maya...being played out...none of it is real.

'Nothing that changes is real'...a major premise of A Course In Miracles (ACIM)

Thus, why the Law of Attraction is so popular now...people are waking up.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 17-07-2018, 02:42 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I skipped from. 1 min to 9minute increments waiting to be confused, LOL....i was so excited...so 19 , 29 49....i stopped at 1 hr 29....I got so excited...
I grok the whole thing!
BUT, it's not that I'm smart, but my exposure to years of ACIM...and (shhh, so much L*D decades ago),
and so many decades of hours of meditation with a Hindu background and Guru... influences my

(At 8 years old I was given a 'supernatural' mystical moment...and as a child looking at everything
"This is a dream....")
So that is my base of reference. At our High School Class Night ...where people get ''Most likely to Succeed" awards...

I happen to know this place is the Illusion yogis speak of....it's 100% is not real.
Matter doesn't exist. It appears as matter, hard, smooth, soft....a tree, a chair....
But it sure isn't.

(And time, space? oh right...what a fake out...there is no such thing as time OR space.
It's a good Illusion....that's why they call it an Illusion..LOL....we are all tricked by it!!!)
Nothing happens in front of our eyes that we don't create ourselves...there is a mass
Thank you, Miss H.

I have a similar Hindu background (I'm still one) and meditation practices too, and I've only taken 'shrooms once in my life.

It's not that I don't understand the whole concept and ideology, because I do! I just don't get the way that it has been explained here and trying to relate that to my own understanding.

There are still a few things that need 'fine tweaking'...like if I am not separate from you (which I know I am not at an energetic level), why do we have 'different lives' and 'different personalities'...and yes, the whole mind and meat suit is 'separate' and our spirit is not, but it is the mind which has the distinction of being able to think and perceive all these things.

...and, does the world totally disappear when I close my eyes and meditate, or go to sleep? I mean, light doesn't seem to exist unless we look at it, but we know that Apollo doesn't jump into his chariot and drag the sun across the sky every day...it exists on the 'other side of the world' when it is not existing on this side of it...

These are the concepts I do not understand...but maybe I wasn't meant to.
Old 17-07-2018, 10:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Now, I consider myself to be rather intelligent, but there's this one video that I have watched six times already and it totally does my head in every single time...and I am no closer to understanding it after six times than I was after the first time I saw it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWSu_EewZZI

I'm still stuck on how nothing is 'real' outside my mind when my senses say otherwise and also how many people can perceive the same thing if nothing really exists outside the mind.

As a spiritual person, I can understand how everything is connected at the atomic or sub-atomic level, but there are still distinctions between 'self' and 'other' and between 'subject' and 'object' and about existing and orienteering my position within space and time, when all of that is just a product of my mind...and I cannot explain to myself how that can possibly be....and lordy, how I have tried because I want to know...I want to feel this.

Whenever I watch this video, I'm forever going "I don't get it...I WANT to get it, but I just don't get it". lol

Now I am wondering if this is basically only me, or do others also struggle with wondering if things exist ONLY because we see them or they wouldn't exist otherwise?....nope, don't get it.

So, if there are simple explanations for this, I am all eyes.
From past threds I really noticed you like to question what is real. In modern times everything flies by so fast most people just go through the motions. At times one really has to step back and go to the roots of all spiritually started. Here's an example, at one time people had no choice but to hunt for a meal. Those meals were extremely hard and slow to get. But when you got it you gave a deep down real thanks to the earth. Not just doing out of habit or because it's something you should do.thats just 1 of many examples I could give. It's real feelings, real joy, real hardships.
Old 17-07-2018, 11:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
From past threds I really noticed you like to question what is real. In modern times everything flies by so fast most people just go through the motions. At times one really has to step back and go to the roots of all spiritually started. Here's an example, at one time people had no choice but to hunt for a meal. Those meals were extremely hard and slow to get. But when you got it you gave a deep down real thanks to the earth. Not just doing out of habit or because it's something you should do.thats just 1 of many examples I could give. It's real feelings, real joy, real hardships.
Let's just say that I like to question the nature of illusion (Maya), knowing full well that it is...but maybe the dog is just chasing its tail in regards and 'illusion' is just that, meaning that it isn't really meant to be understood in any rational or tangible way to a 'spiritual mind'. I can live with this and just ignore it.
Old 17-07-2018, 11:17 AM
Master
I believe us humans are really good thinking there a deep meaning in everything when most often it's very basic. On your theory, a good painter makes mistakes but the best ones know how to make it work in there paintings. But at this one art show for fun this one person set there glasses on the floor just to see what people would do. Soon people came and started trying to figure out what that piece of art ment. It ment nothing. Was just random glasses on the floor.
Old 17-07-2018, 11:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
I believe us humans are really good thinking there a deep meaning in everything when most often it's very basic. On your theory, a good painter makes mistakes but the best ones know how to make it work in there paintings. But at this one art show for fun this one person set there glasses on the floor just to see what people would do. Soon people came and started trying to figure out what that piece of art ment. It ment nothing. Was just random glasses on the floor.
Not to sound pedantic...I totally understand where you are coming from...but the random placement of glasses on the floor did mean something. It meant that the artist was aiming to have people believe that the random glasses meant something, when it did not. lol

I guess my whole problem is existential within the whole illusion, trying to relate to anything when there is no 'relation' in the first place...with the alternative being to just go through the motions totally detached or else just sit in meditation waiting to die.

This is why I question 'reality' so much.
Old 17-07-2018, 12:18 PM
Master
The glasses were placed by a random person just to see what others would do. Peoples reality can be different due to environment, health, witch often shapes our choice's. What we choose turn into the outcome of what is real to you and I as an individual. Are you feeling like life is just an illusion?
Old 17-07-2018, 01:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I grok the whole thing!

"This is a dream....")

But it sure isn't.

After reading your comments about the video and highly valuing your opinion, I just finished listening to the entire video and it was well worth the time.

While it's repetitive at times, repetition does have the effect of reinforcement for those not conversant with the material.

It was excellent. The practice of "conscious sleep", which I have practiced for years, is one way (not the only way) to validate and understand on many levels what is presented in the video.

P.S. I too derived a lot of benefit from ACIM, which I studied (and practiced) --- particularly the workbook --- "religiously" many many years ago.

P.S.S. Thanks also to the original poster who presented this video to this forum.
Old 17-07-2018, 02:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
After reading your comments about the video and highly valuing your opinion, I just finished listening to the entire video and it was well worth the time.

While it's repetitive at times, repetition does have the effect of reinforcement for those not conversant with the material.

It was excellent.

P.S. I too derived a lot of benefit from ACIM, which I studied (and practiced) --- particularly the workbook --- "religiously" many many years ago.

P.S.S. Thanks also to the original poster who presented this video to this forum.
You're welcome.

If anything, this just goes to expose the limits of my cognitive capacity. Others can understand it easily, but I cannot...however, if it is explained in a different way (as per the second video I shared), I can get it...using a much simpler explanation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EE8s5CfOuNw

Maybe I have finally burned myself out mentally, trying to work out the laws of quantum superposition and entanglement.

I have learned through this whole experience, however...don't try thinking when your brain already hurts. lol