Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 24-10-2019, 04:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
The playground of an unimaginable intelligence with infinite creativity. An existence of infinite silence devoid of experience would be rather boring.

Boring or a need to do something or it ceases.

Laughing is better than crying for sure.
Old 24-10-2019, 05:35 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
Boring or a need to do something or it ceases.

Laughing is better than crying for sure.

An entity boundless in time. All there ever was or will ever be, could ever have been and can ever be. The very fabric of existence itself.

Honestly, it engenders an intense feeling of love and compassion within. When I contemplate on it tears inevitably begin to flow. Shed for it and by its very nature myself and everything else. For me this understanding is at the very root of loving-kindness and compassion.
Old 24-10-2019, 06:09 PM
Master
Quote:
An entity boundless in time. All there ever was or will ever be, could ever have been and can ever be. The very fabric of existence itself.

That's a theory that makes sense to me too.

Quote:
Honestly, it engenders an intense feeling of love and compassion within. When I contemplate on it tears inevitably begin to flow. Shed for it and by its very nature myself and everything else. For me this understanding is at the very root of loving-kindness and compassion.

I understand and agree. I'm off on a tangent atm.
Old 24-10-2019, 06:13 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
I'm off on a tangent atm.

I love tangerines too. Oh wait!
Old 24-10-2019, 06:16 PM
Master
Quote:
I love tangerines too. Oh wait!

You're as high as a kite
Old 24-10-2019, 06:24 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
You're as high as a kite

Agreed, I'm having way too much fun, but isn't that what playgrounds are for? LOL!
Old 24-10-2019, 06:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Agreed, I'm having way too much fun, but isn't that what playgrounds are for? LOL!

That's great! I've cut my knee.

On a serious point though. Not much of a playground for the ones suffering. And before you say it's all relative, attachment or craving, I'm talking about dying in pain for one.
Old 24-10-2019, 07:05 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
That's great! I've cut my knee.

On a serious point though. Not much of a playground for the ones suffering. And before you say it's all relative, attachment or craving, I'm talking about dying in pain for one.

Okay, time to be serious. I do take your point and it goes back to the intent of this thread.

Yes, life can and does deal some terrible blows and sooner or later we will all face the ultimate blow, sometimes a very painful and dragged out one.

The alternative, as I see it, is no craving and no aversion, no dualistic illusion and forever sitting in absolute and never-ending silence and stillness. Alone with no experience. Ever. When I envision that I'm overcome with compassion and in a very visceral way. That's not to say I don't have compassion for those subject to suffering in this reality, but that other reality just seems unimaginably horrible and beyond unbearable.

Considering I sense the underlying reality is non-dualistic the choice is an easy and understandable one for me because I and everyone and everything has to bare the burden of one or the other. That's my sense of it.
Old 24-10-2019, 07:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Okay, time to be serious. I do take your point and it goes back to the intent of this thread.

Yes, life can and does deal some terrible blows and sooner or later we will all face the ultimate blow, sometimes a very painful and dragged out one.

The alternative, as I see it, is no craving and no aversion, no dualistic illusion and forever sitting in absolute and never-ending silence and stillness. Alone with no experience. Ever. When I envision that I'm overcome with compassion and in a very visceral way. That's not to say I don't have compassion for those subject to suffering in this reality, but that other reality just seems unimaginably horrible and beyond unbearable.

Considering I sense the underlying reality is non-dualistic the choice is an easy and understandable one for me because I and everyone and everything has to bare the burden of one or the other. That's my sense of it.

I thought the silence and stillness and being at one is the point of the meditation. No sense of time so no boredom. Why would that be horrible and unbearable. But for some reason incarnating to this plane for the experience. Or going back to my original point about It needing to do something or else it ceases.
Old 24-10-2019, 07:36 PM
Master
I feel that we come here to grow ourselves and prepare ourselves for a greater reality beyond this physical world.
This physical existence is but a training ground, it is the journey of the soul, or whatever you might want to
call your deeper being.

In my out-of-physical body experiences I have witnessed that there are many realms in the afterlife; in some
realms entities exist in unanimated silence while in other realms there is much animation. We go to the realm
that we are capable of rising to depending on what we have nurtured. We reincarnate because we have
unfinished business here.

Everything is on its way somewhere, everything is in motion, vibrating even if at a very fine level that may
seem like stillness. All motion is circular, or spiral. Sufi’s emulate this with their “whirling dervishes.”
The source of life, or better said the source of all, does not function according to human logic or reasoning.

When having a transcendent experience a lot of knowledge can be gained and things can be so clear,
but upon returning to human life much is lost. Because much of what was gained there transcends words
and thoughts here, it does not fit into human concepts. Further, it is so simple that a new born baby can
grasp it, and we have made ourselves so complicated.