Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 27-10-2019, 09:57 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
Damian is a Keeshond AKA Dutch Barge Dog. He can be a bit hyper at times and he loves to play fetch with his Kong bone. He insists I earn it back after every fetch. LOL!

And yeah, he definitely gets into a flow state during fetch.

I had to google that breed, I am glad that I did!

What a cute dog. They have amazingly thick coats.

Hey, do you feel meditative when you brush your dogs coat?
That's probably a weird question haha...

I kind of find brushing my boarder collie's coat quite relaxing lol.
Old 27-10-2019, 11:50 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariaecheflame
I had to google that breed, I am glad that I did!

What a cute dog. They have amazingly thick coats.

Hey, do you feel meditative when you brush your dogs coat?
That's probably a weird question haha...

I kind of find brushing my boarder collie's coat quite relaxing lol.

Oh yeah, he has a very thick double coat. The lineage is Samoyed, Chow Chow, Elkhound and Pomeranian. He loves the snow. He'll dig his nose down into it and snowplow, then lay down and roll around. Leaves too. Last weekend I was blowing leaves into piles and he would get into the piles and lay down, almost burying himlself. LOL!

At the very least brushing is a very focused activity. I'll probably give him a brushing sometime today and I'll keep that in mind so I can have a better take on the experience.
Old 27-10-2019, 03:40 PM
Master
One can learn a lot of wise things from dogs.
Old 03-11-2019, 04:30 PM
Deactivated Account

I thought of this thread this morning when I saw a video of a Turtle lost in a meditative state, wish I could have shared it but was unable to. Anyways, its so amazing to see animals soaking in the vibes of their peaceful/tranquil state.

I tend to see it more in birds and cats, but this was fascinating.

Old 03-11-2019, 07:27 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by clover
I thought of this thread this morning when I saw a video of a Turtle lost in a meditative state, wish I could have shared it but was unable to. Anyways, its so amazing to see animals soaking in the vibes of their peaceful/tranquil state.

I tend to see it more in birds and cats, but this was fascinating.

My impression is all animals are in somewhat of a constant meditative state except when they're directly reacting to stresses in the environment. Fight or flight, if you will.

But yeah, that's one cool turtle!

EDIT: Hmm, I suppose primates and perhaps marine mammals are more like humans than other animals and might be an exception to my thinking. at least to some extent?
Old 05-11-2019, 10:04 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Here's Damian, the meditating Keeshond. Another nickname for the breed is The Smiling Dutchman. Notice his upper lip curled up when I said 'Cheese, smile for the camera.' LOL!

Damian.jpg
Old 06-11-2019, 04:37 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Here's Damian, the meditating Keeshond. Another nickname for the breed is The Smiling Dutchman. Notice his upper lip curled up when I said 'Cheese, smile for the camera.' LOL!

Attachment 2847

Haha...

He was probably wondering where the cheese was.

I did a sort of walking meditationn today while walking the dog, just taking notice everything the dog notices in the environment. I obviously don't physically act like a dog, haha ha, I just imagined what it must be like to he him.

It actually seemed to make him much more responsive to commands as well and calmer in general.

I know that's probably a fairly obvious observation.
Old 06-11-2019, 08:26 AM
Master
Quote:

Attachment 2847

Oh yes, very cute.
Old 06-11-2019, 11:13 AM
JustASimpleGuy

My previous Keeshond, Dakota, started experiencing seizures at 10 years old. She was put on phenobarbital and that did eliminate them and she tolerated it well and had a good last four years of life. Towards the end when it was getting close I knew what I was eventually going to have to do. One night her sleep was very restless and she kept waking up and softly whimpering for a couple of minutes before going back to sleep. I knew what I'd have to do the next day, however at some point she woke up and the whimpering was now whining.

It was late, past midnight, so I found the number of an emergency vet, made a call and started getting ready for the drive. I wrapped her in a blanket and carried her to the truck, placing her on the passenger seat. At that point she calmed down, laying there quietly and continually looking at me as we drove. It was as if she knew the pain was going to end.

The vet and techs were great. After they prepped her and administered a sedative they left me and her in an examination room and gave me as much time as I needed to say goodbye. I held her as they administered the drug and she slowly and easily passed.

I took her home in one of those stiff cardboard boxes they probably use for cremation and they had wrapped her in one of their white blankets. She looked so peaceful. I intended to bury her in the yard, however it was early March and the ground was frozen solid. It took me two days to thaw it, going through a huge bag of charcoal briquettes and countless pots of boiling water. During that time I had the box on my bedroom dresser and open. It didn't feel right to close it just yet. During those two days and working from my upstairs home office I heard the jingling of her tags downstairs, maybe a half dozen times.

I found a breeder in PA, Keeshond Heaven, and called to inquire about a puppy. The breeder was very thorough in vetting me, even contacting my vet to ensure I took proper care of my previous dog. She also had a long waiting list and it wasn't until spring of the following year the litter I'd get to pick from was delivered. She's send update pictures of the litter every week, and at six weeks I was invited to take the five hour drive and choose a puppy, not to take home but just to identify. She used color-coded soft collars to identify which puppy was chosen by which client. I had to again make the five hour drive to pick him up at eight weeks.

When I arrived there was a family there to pick a puppy from the same litter, and they were all romping around on the floor. I sat down and one, and only one puppy came running up to me and bounded into my lap. It was Damian.

Last year about a month after I moved from Rochester to the Adirondacks Damian experienced his first seizure. He had two more within a few months. How weird is that? Two dogs in a row and both suffering from seizures? Anyway because he was so young I wanted to try something different than phenobarbital so I did some research and came upon the promising results of CBD oil. He hasn't had a seizure since I started him on CBD and even started him on a fraction of the recommended daily dosage.

The intuitive part of me tells me Damian is Dakota reincarnated.

Dakota.

Dakota Small.jpg

Last edited by JustASimpleGuy : 06-11-2019 at 12:48 PM.
Old 06-11-2019, 01:03 PM
JustASimpleGuy

As for Damian, his sire is Kody Keith:

http://www.keeshondheaven.com/myboys_retired.html

And his dame is Nellie (half way down the page):

http://www.keeshondheaven.com/mygirls_retired.html

He's pretty much the spitting image of Kody Keith.