Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 01-01-2015, 06:57 PM
Guide
Yes anyone can practice teleporting.. you must first only believe then develop a way that you imagine will work for you.
Old 01-01-2015, 07:04 PM
Seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerubiel
Yes anyone can practice teleporting.. you must first only believe then develop a way that you imagine will work for you.

Can you tell something more about learning techniques ?
Old 02-01-2015, 09:33 PM
Guide
A technique is merely something that works, key word here is works. Then it is passed onto another. When I was learning how to transmute I learned some old techniques that were very difficult and discovered for myself that I can make my own knowledge of how to do it, and regarding many other things as well. It is as difficult or simple as you make it... The imagination is our greatest tool here. One imagines it will be successful and so it is. Simple as that really. I watch carefully as I walk and I see my attention can pull the environment to me as I walk as well as pulling myself to the the other objects.. Two different perceptions of the same reality. Reality can be perceived in any way. I imagine my blinks make me skip and so they do.. It takes practice but you just have to watch and intend, imagine what you want to find and do..
Old 08-01-2015, 12:14 PM
Master

The focus in Hinduism is on spiritual development through the dissolution of the ego, and the expansion of consciousness through the practice of mindfulness or love.

Focus on powers and being obsessed with it, only serves to strengthen the ego and increases unconsciousness in the process. One regresses spiritually as a consequence.

The ego loves attention, and so-called powers help to bring that. This is the reason for the general interest in these powers .

But where there is ego, there is neither mindfulness nor love. And mindfulness or love is the greatest power , greater than any psychic power or material power in this universe.

Thus seeking powers and wasting time and energy on it instead of investing in spiritual betterment, is like farming peanuts on a diamond mine.

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 09-01-2015, 12:50 AM
Ascender
Ajay00, you wouldn't have been able to type your post if you didn't have intellectual power, physical power, financial power. When you eat food, you seek power of having a working body. When someone is connecting to internet to post on Spirtual-Forums then he is seeking power of internet to achieve his goal.
Old 09-01-2015, 11:37 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kralaro
Ajay00, you wouldn't have been able to type your post if you didn't have intellectual power, physical power, financial power. When you eat food, you seek power of having a working body. When someone is connecting to internet to post on Spirtual-Forums then he is seeking power of internet to achieve his goal.

Hi kralaro,

This is the spiritual forums, and focus over here, just as in Hinduism, is on spiritual development and effacement of the ego.

There is nothing wrong with power, provided the one who uses it does it in a responsible and proper manner. But there is no guarantee that one would indeed use it in a responsible and proper manner unless one is well-established in spiritual and moral strength.The world at present, especially with its numerous wars and conflicts , does not have a good track record in this regard. Power without morality is but the devils dance itself.

It is very similar to what the rocket scientist Wernher von Broun stated with respect to science being misused ; " Science does not have a moral dimension. It is like a knife. If you give it to a surgeon or a murderer, each will use it differently. "

Ramakrishna Paramahamsa had especially remarked and emphasized on the great danger psychic powers poses to the spiritual aspirant, in terms of strengthening of the ego. There were a number of cases where he had taken back the psychic powers that had developed in some of his disciples, seeing that it was strengthening their egos in the process and making them regress spiritually.

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 17-01-2015, 09:57 AM
Ascender
Hi ajay00,

I've been trying astral projection to get guidance from my spiritual guide / high level beings / God. Tell me how my astral projection is "my ego trying to gain attention"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay00
This is the spiritual forums, and focus over here, just as in Hinduism, is on spiritual development and effacement of the ego.
On this Spiritual Forums, we've sections of astral projection, telepathy, healing, healing requests. So talking about siddhis is Not against this Spiritual Forum.

Quote:
Ramakrishna Paramahamsa had especially remarked and emphasized on the great danger psychic powers poses to the spiritual aspirant, in terms of strengthening of the ego. There were a number of cases where he had taken back the psychic powers that had developed in some of his disciples, seeing that it was strengthening their egos in the process and making them regress spiritually.
If Ramakrishna nullified others' psychic powers then that means Ramakrishna himself had a psychic power of nullifying others' psychic powers and also Ramakrishna was putting his psychic power into practice.

Quote:
The focus in Hinduism is on spiritual development through the dissolution of the ego, and the expansion of consciousness through the practice of mindfulness or love.

Focus on powers and being obsessed with it, only serves to strengthen the ego and increases unconsciousness in the process. One regresses spiritually as a consequence.

The ego loves attention, and so-called powers help to bring that. This is the reason for the general interest in these powers .

But where there is ego, there is neither mindfulness nor love. And mindfulness or love is the greatest power , greater than any psychic power or material power in this universe.

Thus seeking powers and wasting time and energy on it instead of investing in spiritual betterment, is like farming peanuts on a diamond mine.

If someone is trying to gain power of telepathy; in a way it's similar to someone trying to buy a mobile phone, since both are used for communication. Suppose Ajay, you go to a shop to buy a mobile phone and the salesman repeats your words:

Mr. Ajay, focus on mobile phone and being obsessed with it, only serves to strengthen the ego and increases unconsciousness in the process. One regresses spiritually as a consequence. The ego loves attention, and a mobile phone helps to bring that. But where there is ego, there is neither mindfulness nor love. And mindfulness or love is the greatest power, greater than any mobile phone. Thus trying to buy a mobile phone and wasting time and energy on it instead of investing in spiritual betterment, is like farming peanuts on a diamond mine.

Ajay, if the salesman or maybe your friend tells you that no need to buy a mobile phone as "love is the greatest power". Also, why are you gaining the power of using internet when "love is the greatest power"?

I prefer logic over flowery words. You've also given logics, I appreciate that. The logics you've given are "This is the reason for the general interest in these powers" and "The world at present, especially with its numerous wars and conflicts , does not have a good track record in this regard". My opinion about these 2 statements is that I don't know whether these are correct. When on this thread I offered Serrao that I can share my astral projection technique, a thought came to me that I don't know whether Serrao would be putting it to good use, but then I thought that sharing my technique of astral projection may create karma of making my own astral projections better which may increase the chance of me being able to meet my spirit guide.
Old 18-01-2015, 03:59 PM
Master

Hello Kralaro ,

Quote:
Originally Posted by kralaro
When on this thread I offered Serrao that I can share my astral projection technique, a thought came to me that I don't know whether Serrao would be putting it to good use, but then I thought that sharing my technique of astral projection may create karma of making my own astral projections better which may increase the chance of me being able to meet my spirit guide.

Sorry for me not replying to your offer. I completely forgot about it.
I am not interested in things that can be done during astral projection. I am a very down to earth person and in fact I am only interested in dreamless sleeping, regarding the sleepstate. If someone could explain real-life-teleportation to me I would be very interested though. And don't worry, I'm like a good Jedi who doesn't use The Force negatively. Regarding siddhis I'm only interested in peaceful, happy and advanced living.
Old 18-01-2015, 08:10 PM
Master
Hi Serrao,

I posted a technique called Samyama in the meditation thread. Samyama is the technique Patanjali is referring to that can lead to siddhis.

Samyama is a yogic technique originally introduced in the Yoga Sutras Of Patanjali (the foundational text of yogic practice, originally in Sanskrit, authored by the sage Patanjali in 2nd century India).

The Yoga Sutras of Patanjai talks about 8 limbs, or facets, of Yoga (you may have heard the term “Ashtanga”, with respect to yoga; “Ashtanga” is a Sanskrit term meaning “Eight Limbs”).

Yama – It means “restraint,” and includes ahimsa (non-violence), satya (truthfulness), asteya (non-stealing), brahmacharya (preservation of sexual energy and cultivation of it), and aparigraha (non-covetousness).
Niyama – It means “observance,” and includes saucha (purity and cleanliness), samtosa (contentment), tapas (heat/focus/austerity), svadhyaya (study of scriptures and self), and isvara pranidhana (surrender to the divine).
Asana – It means “posture,” and includes all those asanas we have come to know and love. In the lessons, asanas are used as a preparation for pranayama and meditation. Certain asanas stimulate the rise of kundalini. (Ref: Asanas lesson)
Pranayama – It means “restraint of life force/breath,” and includes the pranayama. (lesson: breathing)
Pratyahara – It means “introversion of senses.”
Dharana – It means “concentration or focus of attention,”
Dhyana – It means “meditation,” and is the flow of attention inward.
Samadhi – It means “absorption/transcendence,” and it is what we experience in daily meditation.

The last three limbs combined together (Dharana, Dhyana & Samadhi) make up Samyama. Samyama is the state of resting in deep inner silence (samadhi), along with the ability to pick up a thought (focus/dharana) and let it go inward (meditation/dhyana). Then the results of samyama come out from inner silence automatically, because inner silence/awareness is, in reality, a single field. Understanding some of the deeper tools of subtle consciousness, such as samyama, helps us contribute positive influence within this single field. Samyama is an advanced yogic technique, one that is based on principles which utilize the operative powers of some of the more subtle and universal facets of consciousness; facets which many of us are not aware even exist, but which are available to all of us, with a certain amount of practice.

At first samyama is a very mechanical process wherein we pick up the sutra mentally, and then drop it (mentally) in stillness (please look at the AYP Samyama lesson for instructions; link provided below). As we keep going, though, the practice of samyama becomes more and more refined, as we become more and more converse with subtler aspects of our own consciousness. We will then notice that samyama is very effortless. Samyama practice takes the stillness we cultivated in meditation and moves that stillness outward. The process of picking the word (sutra) and dropping it into the stillness can become very ecstatic. When this beings to happen we can apply samyama to many other things; the ecstasy confirms the connection with the greater field of awareness, and we know we are engaged in living samyama. How can we be sure of this? Very simply: by the effects we experience. Awareness really is a single field, Living Unbound, in reality.

In the Living Unbound: Bliss Technique we talked about “bring up the thought in your mind and just before the thought forms.. STOP.. and stay in that gap. You will feel a lot of bliss and ecstasy“. In the Samyama Lesson (AYP Founder) Yogani says “pick up a sutra in samyama at a very faint and fuzzy level.” This faint and fuzzy level is the point where the word is not formed yet or as Yogani says, “it can be interpreted to mean “the energy before the thought.””

Once the core samyama practice is mastered, it becomes a natural habit of letting go. This is when we can start applying samyama to some of the various other practices that we engage in, with ever-greater ease. Finally, the practice of samyama can become automatic, or nearly so. The power of this technique, however, only increases, the more fully integrated it becomes.

-From the Workings of Samyama
Old 18-01-2015, 10:02 PM
Master

Hello Jonesboy,

Thank you very much for your very informative post about samyama. I just quickly read it, but I'm going to re-read it with more attention to better understand your understanding of samyama.
B.t.w., I have read a while ago on a website about performing samyama on the throat chakra to achieve the ability of teleportation. The throat chakra is related to the element ether (space) in Hinduism and by mastering this chakra through samyama one can travel through space instantaneous. Have you heard about this theory? I think it was also Patanjali's view on teleportation.