Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 26-06-2012, 06:15 PM
Deactivated Account

Healing in Reiki ?

I am not sure what it means, when one talks about healing in Reiki ?

Healing as in energy being sent ? and if so what does this energy actually do ?

Does this just energize the person or actually cure a health problem ?

Confused Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 26-06-2012, 06:45 PM
EmergingPath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Angel
I am not sure what it means, when one talks about healing in Reiki ?

Healing as in energy being sent ? and if so what does this energy actually do ?

Confused Angel xx

Energy Healing... a great topic

So, a couple of grounding points about "energy".
Energy is always either a particle or a wave and can never be destroyed.
Energy is either limitless (more created when needed by divine source) or limited and just recycled
Energy fields in the body can be measured by many divices now, from the field around the heart to brain waves, to aura’s or body fields, etc.

Healing can be done on many levels
Physical (cure my cancer)
Emotional (Cure my broken heart)
Psychological/Mental (heal my stress)

Some would say Psychological and emotional are the same, I would say Psychological/Mental issues can be emotional

Reiki (or any intention based energy healing modality) is based upon the concept that thought directs energy so focused intention will direct energy to a particular “issue” be it physical, emotional, mental.

The energy does not originate from the Reiki healer but directs the energy from all around them to the specific issue or just to a generalize area/person.

The belief is that ill health can come from a lack of energy and that negative thought will actually create issues while positive thought will direct positive energy to promote good health.

What does it feel like? Depends upon who you ask J For me it is sometime like being wrapped in a nice warm blanket J

Hope this opinion helps!
Old 26-06-2012, 06:57 PM
Deactivated Account

Thank you very much EP !

Your explanation clears up my confusion. I must say your explanation is very understandable (thanks for keeping it basic for me). Sometimes one asks a question and there is as much confusion in the answer as in the reason for asking the question. I like the being wrapped in a warm blanket feeling , unless of course if it is in the 90s or higher tempwise

xx

Expect Miracles !

Old 26-06-2012, 07:01 PM
EmergingPath

My pleasure DA!

Quote:
I like the being wrapped in a warm blanket feeling , unless of course if it is in the 90s or higher tempwise
Then its probably just a poorly managed sweat lodge
Old 26-06-2012, 07:04 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmergingPath
Then its probably just a poorly managed sweat lodge
ewwww !

Expect Miracles !

Old 26-06-2012, 08:24 PM
Master
I was going to reply but Emerging Path has visited. Wonderful. X
Old 26-06-2012, 08:35 PM
Healingangelus

Me too but ces was faster then I was...
Old 26-06-2012, 08:42 PM
EmergingPath

Quote:
Originally Posted by ces
I was going to reply but Emerging Path has visited. Wonderful. X
Helllllllllo!

it has been a long time CES and I am so glad to see that you are still at it!
Old 26-06-2012, 08:54 PM
Master
Quote:

Confused Angel xx

Even though EmergingPath, has once again given a fantastic reply, I will add my two cents into this question as well.

The main thing that gets people confused and hung up is the word healing. When you see healing many will quickly see that as being cure, or a miracle, without actually knowing what healing means.

While they can go hand and hand with each other, that may not always be the case. Not all times, or cases, can something be cured. That is when healing is sought to help alleviate symptoms, if possible, to help bring balance back to an individual and to help them gain peace of mind. There are cases where finding balance and peace of mind can bring about a cure. But it does not always happen. It is the reason many get discouraged with their healing because it's not working at the level they expect it to.

A shoulder to learn on, a hug from a loved one/family member, can be forms of healing as well.

Energy healing works on more then one level. As EP, had already stated. Emotional, physical, and spiritual. Most times we work to heal the present symptoms without actually healing the issue.
Old 26-06-2012, 09:06 PM
EmergingPath

You nailed in Innerlight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by innerlight
Not all times, or cases, can something be cured. That is when healing is sought to help alleviate symptoms, if possible, to help bring balance back to an individual and to help them gain peace of mind.

Nicely stated. I too believe that this aspect is often overlooked or minimized and then when an immediate "cure" is not realized they walk away and miss out on the "healing" to help them to come to terms with their reality...

ADDED: To this point, this is also a space where Hospice can add value. Having taught Reiki to Hospice staff and volunteers I am often overwhelmed at the relief that Reiki provides in this type of a setting...