Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 30-06-2012, 04:43 PM
Troll_ov_Grimness

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmergingPath
Always someone ready to tell the rest of us we are wrong (aka "misinformed") eh?

Okay... here we go:

So, I hear you and I acknowledge your very purposely stated narrow opinion and perspective.

Having said that, I also totally disregard your statement that anyone who disagrees with you is misinformed, as I do with all who state the ignorant (and now standard and boring) "my way is the only way, if you dont agree with me you are wrong, I know, you don't" approach to life.

Your perspective and opinion of shamanism is but one opinion and one slice of a "shaman" perspective. Have you studied any other persectives on Shaman's?

Getting back to the point, I happen to believe that this is energy and intention and the gifts that we are all born with and need not subscribe to any outside forces to utilize them.

My implication and criticism levelled at the reiki community was that human beings experience more than just happiness, bliss, and give thanks

We also get sad, lose our tempers or get angry when someone wrongs us... such as not giving proper warning about potential psychiatric disturbances from practicing reiki, and we also regret and we yell

Until the reiki community acknowledges the full spectrum of human emotion it will never be taken seriously

Reiki bases itself entirely upon the foundations of human empathic experiences, yet it fails to acknowledge the other 50% of it

this has to change
Old 02-07-2012, 11:26 AM
Reikichris

Yes - Troll_ov_Grimness, these (sadness, anger etc.) are still facets that we experience, but the whole point is that this is a journey, not a digital switch over. There is nothing wrong with seeing this as a journey, it is honest, and I'm not sure what reiki community you see that says it only experiences happiness, bliss and thankfulness - perhaps there is something in how you see rather than what you see - or perhaps it is what you want to see - whatever it is it certainly makes you sound very unsettled.

love
chris
Old 02-07-2012, 06:22 PM
EmergingPath

I think Chris hit on the point I was going to make. I'm not sure what you are/have "seen" that the "Reiki Community" is doing that is only happy, lovey, superficial stuff. It may be what you have been exposed to or perhaps filtering in only what resonates (or in this case what does not resonate) with you.

I may be wrong so please correct me but by saying "Reiki" are you really saying all of the Energy Healing Modalities and "Light Workers" who are trying to promote positive feelings and emotions?

In any case, when someone does go through Energy work it does allow one to "clear" issues and feelings that may be keeping them on a plateau rather than continuing to grow. Real and lasting clearing of issues will almost always involve going through and dealing with the emotions tied to that “blockage”. Those emotions are typically very strong, such as hate, regret, shame, etc.

“Reiki” and all energy healing modalities are totally about acknowledging, accepting and resolving all feelings and emotions.

I get that some sites and practioniers are only about the “fluffy white light of pure goodness and happiness”, just as some of those who promote the “Left hand path” are only about negativity, fear and evil. Extremes are always around us and are how we know where the edges are located J

It is just my opinion but I would tell you to know the extremes, even discourse with the extremes, but don’t get lost in one extreme over the other nor paint with such a broad brush that everything is finite and always an “us verses them” or a “ right versus wrong”. Everything is part of the universe, and everything has it’s purpose.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:54 AM
Reikichris

The process of self healing, and even more so soul retrieval can be very painful, far from the joy and bliss that many would seek, but ultimately one has to go through these kind of processes in order to heal issues that may be quiescent but are still present. There is nothing wrong with this - it is part of being.

love
chris
Old 07-07-2012, 08:49 PM
Troll_ov_Grimness

the healing is never accomplished
we work through it

it is not a destination to be reached, and then you say "I'm healed now. I can stop being sad."

this is the problem with reiki
why it is not taken seriously
Old 07-07-2012, 10:05 PM
Enya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troll_ov_Grimness
we work through it

it is not a destination to be reached, and then you say "I'm healed now. I can stop being sad."

Well I don't know... I take it pretty seriously... and I have never, ever regarded myself as 100% healed or encouraged my students to do so... some have said they won't give healing to others until they themselves are healed, in which case they'll never progress! Personally, I've yet to meet a true reiki healer who thinks the way you describe.
Old 09-07-2012, 11:25 AM
Reikichris

I agree that 'being healed' is not a destination to be reached, but like Enya I do not recognise the people you are talking about - perhaps it is your perception or just the group you have been unlucky enough to meet.
Equally I beleive that when we reach our destination, the end of our journey we will be in a state of complete healing.

love
chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troll_ov_Grimness
we work through it

Old 15-07-2012, 11:28 PM
Troll_ov_Grimness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reikichris
I agree that 'being healed' is not a destination to be reached, but like Enya I do not recognise the people you are talking about - perhaps it is your perception or just the group you have been unlucky enough to meet.
Equally I beleive that when we reach our destination, the end of our journey we will be in a state of complete healing.

love
chris

What makes me uncomfortable about 'healing' other people is that they cannot feel it, and if they do, you are potentially opening doors in their psyche that they might regret

for me it is a deeply personal thing
Old 16-07-2012, 06:26 AM
Reikichris

Yes - this is why it is important that people heal themselves, and that the healer just facillitates, anything else and the healer begins to impose thier needs on the situation.

love
chris
Old 21-08-2012, 02:13 AM
Troll_ov_Grimness

it is not possible to heal those who do not wish it
but I also recognize the possibility that it is possible to open doors for people who will not be prepared

Whether it be Vietnamese Len Dong
Japanese Shinto (..reiki)
Victorian Spiritualism
Korean Muism
or yoga

all
ALL
-ALL!-

of these spiritual traditions feature...

can you guess?

CAN YOU?

PSYCHOSIS

all of them!

and I have references for this

including the DSM-IV
www.spiritualemergence.info

Motohisa Yamakage's Essence of Shinto
Dr. Kim Tae-kon's Korean Shamanism -Muism
Spirits Without Borders by Karen Fjelstad
The Darkened Room by Alex Owen