Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 01-06-2017, 05:23 AM
Knower
Do you think authors could be working off karma?

I read once that karma can be worked off in dreams- i.e., even if experiences aren't technically "real," experience or consciousness is all that matters.

Do you think it's possible that those really driven to write characters, especially suffering ones, could be working off karma as well?

I drew that cute little dragonet on DeviantArt's Muro board. It is a lot of fun to reply with pictures in a forum!

"The brain was billions of years or more in the making. Each one is a unique make and model. What will you do with yours?" quoted from here *taps head*
Old 01-06-2017, 01:12 PM
Master
Hi TheGreenQueen. There's truth to the idea that every human thought, word and deed, is a form of working off karma. Life -- being incarnated -- is all about karmic attachment from one particular perspective. When the individual is free from all karmic attachment, which takes many lifetimes, they are no longer bound to the wheel of karma, to this human physical-material plane. They then move on to other higher realms of existence.

Are you specifically asking if you write stories, will that help in working off your karma? I would say this is more a personal question and can only be answered by you. The individual soul knows what is required as far as its karmic responsibility goes. And the soul is always free to do, or not do. That said, once the karmic responsibility is grasped and understood, the soul generally does what's required. Because what is required and subsequently fulfilled, inspires on the highest levels. And who would avoid doing that which inspires?

Last edited by Baile : 01-06-2017 at 04:32 PM.
Old 01-06-2017, 01:27 PM
Ascender
Do you think the author is able to experience the suffering of their character or are they the one that inflicts the suffering on an innocent character. Its definately a way to explore ideas and alternative choices to situations. You can certainly learn things from both reading or writing so maybe it depends if you think karma is about learning or suffering.
Old 02-06-2017, 06:51 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by dryad
Do you think the author is able to experience the suffering of their character or are they the one that inflicts the suffering on an innocent character. Its definately a way to explore ideas and alternative choices to situations. You can certainly learn things from both reading or writing so maybe it depends if you think karma is about learning or suffering.

I guess it depends on how empathetically active an author is. Perhaps they are merely sadistic at some level. However, plenty of authors work out their own issues in their fiction, i.e., it is a type of therapy.

That is a question we have grappled with over here:

http://www.soulbonding.org/app.php/p...3922983831d845

Karma, as I understand it, is kind of like "Every action has an equal and opposite reaction," so if you inflict suffering on others, you in turn suffer at some point in your lives. Learning how to be more loving, therefore, should be an effect of karma.

I drew that cute little dragonet on DeviantArt's Muro board. It is a lot of fun to reply with pictures in a forum!

"The brain was billions of years or more in the making. Each one is a unique make and model. What will you do with yours?" quoted from here *taps head*
Old 02-06-2017, 10:35 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreenQueen
Karma, as I understand it, is kind of like "Every action has an equal and opposite reaction," so if you inflict suffering on others, you in turn suffer at some point in your lives.
That's not how it works. The Pisces Age is called the age of the great religions. That's were these suffering ideas about karma originate. Suffering is an archaic consciousness-paradigm, a religious belief. It stems from belief in a judging, punishing God and/or universe that causes suffering, or that would have us suffer for the purpose of payback and learning lessons.

Aquarian Age consciousness has moved beyond all that. There is no God that punishes. There is no universal law that forces us to suffer. We are eternal souls, responsible for our own fate. We freely choose our karmic destinies. Yes, cause and effect comes into play. But it's like this: I do something in this life that creates karma... a cause, that creates a particular effect. If I do not consciously work at releasing that karma, I will be faced with a choice in my pre-incarnation state as to how I wish to go about resolving that karma, in my next lifetime or in another. I will more than likely (but not always) have to deal with the person and/or the consequences of that karma in another life, and in a completely different situational setup. But all of that has nothing whatsoever to do with being punished, or with needing to suffer because of something I did.

And now I better understand where you were coming from with your original question.
Old 02-06-2017, 02:47 PM
Master

To quote D ick Sutphen wisdom erasses karma . I think answering questions on a forum such as this does some to erasse karma .
Old 02-06-2017, 03:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by desert rat
wisdom erasses karma
Yes. And that's what I was saying when I talked about consciously working at releasing that karma in one's lifetime. We are the ones who, through inner understanding and wisdom, determine our karma. The universe does not "do karmic stuff" to us, such as make us suffer in the next lifetime or what have you.
Old 04-06-2017, 07:24 PM
Master

I'm going to answer with a simple 'no' mainly because not many people are aware of Karma, believe in it, or are conscious of their thoughts and acts to rebalance Karma. Therefore, authors will not be rebalancing Karma in their writings.

Souls do not 'work off' Karma, although some may think that's how it works. The Soul has to acknowledge first that adverse Karma was generated and why, and only then will a situation arise when that karmic debt can be repaid.

One doesn't get to pick and choose when they repay karmic debt, and you never truly know when that debt has been repaid until you transition.
Old 08-06-2017, 03:50 AM
Knower
I think at the very least that stories like The Telltale Heart and Crime and Punishment may have reflected some past life experience that they are still reeling from. Whether karma specifically is involved? Eh.

Old 08-06-2017, 10:48 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreenQueen
I think at the very least that stories like The Telltale Heart and Crime and Punishment may have reflected some past life experience that they are still reeling from. Whether karma specifically is involved? Eh.

Dostoevsky led a difficult life due to his addictions, and those were not past life issues. In his actual life he accrued adverse Karma all around, and his stories were not a means of a release but in fact used as material to fund his addictions.

Karma is neutral, it is an act of rebalancing unjust acts therefore it cannot be repaid through mere thoughts in the case of adverse karma.