Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 19-08-2017, 06:33 PM
Master
Well... trying to lump the Christ into Nonduality is like mixing good wine with water .

But hey, we all need to eat and drink.

The first shall be last and the last shall be first. Is it an attitude thing or shedding light on the line up to the fountain?
Old 20-08-2017, 03:54 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowayout
Well... trying to lump the Christ into Nonduality is like mixing good wine with water .

But hey, we all need to eat and drink.

The first shall be last and the last shall be first. Is it an attitude thing or shedding light on the line up to the fountain?
Yeh, Nowayout,

It's a bit of a stretch in a non-dual forum, but still valid.

Besides, all those tannins do eventually come out in the wash.

Meanwhile...It's not so much an 'attitude thing', as it is a relative point-of-view thing,
including as you mention, the classic inventory management strategies FILO, LIFO.
In the Buddhist forum we could talk about FIFO ;-)

~ J
Old 20-08-2017, 05:57 PM
Master
A relative point of view, that's what we all are.

The thing that speaks to me around the Christ, I was raised this way but anyway, there is an important "divinity" in the Christ. Risen from the dead, if you can bend around that, and alive, acting in Christians through the Holy Spirit.

It's not just about devotion...Jesus came back from the dead man.

Where does no duality go with that?

Personally, I wonder too about the risen Christ, keeping an open mind. Nothing against non-duality, but to be fair to all players lets be a little aware of the true faith of Christians.

A Christian would not bend a knee to nonduality, but why pray anyway.
Old 20-08-2017, 06:14 PM
Master

Where non-duality and other traditions go with that is that we all come back from the dead - just not consciously. Jesus was the example for all, of our essential immortality.

A key point I'll continue to make is that if non-dualists are 'true to form' (haha), they would have to acknowledge that the 2 approaches are coming from the same Source in different ways. It is the same Holy Spirit that non-dualists realize.

Jesus (as was Krishna, Buddha) was the exemplar of Source in and through a specific means (as Source) at a specific time for human beings at a specific evolutionary necessity. That is the very definition of 'avatar'.

~ J
Old 20-08-2017, 06:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyotir
Where non-duality and other traditions go with that is that we all come back from the dead - just not consciously.
~ J

Please tell me how we experience life non-consciously?

I guess you mean consciously we return but not conscious of what we are now?

That could be... in my view of it all. But I don't know, can't remember past lives. Do we have a soul that continues within nonduality concepts?

Last edited by Nowayout : 20-08-2017 at 10:27 PM.
Old 22-08-2017, 03:23 PM
Master

Hi Nowayout,

We incarnate into a conditional ignorance, which is why we don't remember past lives, or why we do not have command of our immortal nature (as Jesus's resurrection demonstrated). And importantly, it is why we are not consciously aware of our true Identity, as was Jesus, the Buddha, Krishna, etc.

These figures are significant in that regard. They were all human examples of conscious God-Identity. There is essentially nothing else - and that is the message of non-duality. It's just that we are instrumentally, functionally ignorant of this...as a condition of incarnation, Earthly life, the physical. But that is also the blessingful opportunity. The soul otoh, is fully aware of that Identity and serves the eventual realization of it in the individual, but 'we' normally do not identify with our soul (even if we may aspire to it in fits and starts), - but rather, with the false surface appearances of an objectively 'separated'/apparently divided world/nature, selfish desires, etc., which is basically the origin of all pain and suffering and conflict.

Fortunately, as all the great Teachers have instructed, and demonstrated by example, this conditional ignorance is transcend-able, precisely because of that very Identity which is unconditional and inseparable. That's why - especially in non-dual discussion, there is lots of talk about "becoming what you already are", etc., e.g. realizing, or 'enlightenment' as a full, permanent awareness of True Self, God-Self, Being, etc.

Jesus did teach this (because He embodied it), amongst other things, but all of those 'other things' stem from that central truth of Being - "I and my Father are One", essentially One Self.

~ J
Old 23-08-2017, 01:48 AM
Master
OK.. Thanks for the reply. I know and have read a little about this too.

Gods blessings on one and all as "the one" awakens in you. My path is before me.

Peace...
Old 23-08-2017, 07:01 PM
Master

‘I and the Father are one’ (John 10:30)

'Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work.'John 14:10

Both these are teachings of Jesus with a nondual flavour.

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 28-08-2017, 10:13 PM
Deactivated Account
I feel like what I take from Buddhist teachings and what I take from the energy of Christs teachings work to compliment each other.

It is important on the path of wisdom to take the non - dual teachings from - say Buddhism as a way to assist with the pursuit of wholeness and intergration. This is important both from a spiritual as well as a psychological perspective.

Where Christ consciousness comes in for me though - is that I am able to gain a deeper understanding of the interplay of duality and the nature of creation right from the big bang to pretty much everything in between.

I just feel like this allows me to take the next step in greater understanding than say - the teachings of non duality could offer me... BUT IN saying that... My heart mind connection work well with these teachings -

And seems I am quite creative and scientifically minded, I find the metaphors within Christianity particularly to be quite fascinating in their story telling and symbology as they are very relatable to many scientific theories today...
Old 29-08-2017, 01:55 AM
Master
Christian Story telling?

That remains to be revealed...

As Heaven and Hell continues within the human condition.