Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 28-08-2019, 01:56 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by seed321
nice. I like the idea

Hi Seed31,

Welcome to Spiritual Forums.

Hope you find may more ideas to like here, while planting many "seed-ideas" of your own!
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)
Old 10-09-2019, 09:43 PM
Seeker

Today, I gave myself rest and recuperation, time to relax and enjoy myself, time to express myself and time to share special moments with my two loving kitties.
Old 10-09-2019, 10:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiyae
Today, I gave myself rest and recuperation, time to relax and enjoy myself, time to express myself and time to share special moments with my two loving kitties.

Hi Kiyae,

Welcome to Spiritual Forums,

"Rest assured" your two loving kitties enjoyed their special moments with you, as well. Hope you feel the same way with your visits on this special site.
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)
Old 10-09-2019, 10:27 PM
Master
Corrected reference from Dorothy Vaughan to read Katherine Johnson

All, below, I have changed Dorothy Vaughan's name, below to correctly refer to Katherine Johnson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guthrio
In Richard Bach's historic book, Jonathan Livingston Seagull, untold attempts at successful "thought-speed flight" had eluded Jonathan in his quest to grasp the concept of "perfect flight"...until he finally understood what the Elder Gull, Chiang, had really been telling him all along.

You will begin to touch heaven, Jonathan, in the moment that you touch perfect speed. And that isn’t flying a thousand miles an hour, or a million, or flying at the speed of light. Because any number is a limit, and perfection doesn’t have limits. Perfect speed, my son, is being there.”

“To fly as fast as thought, to anywhere that is,” he said, “you must begin by knowing that you have already arrived ...” The trick, according to Chiang, was for Jonathan to stop seeing himself as trapped inside a limited body that had a forty-two-inch wingspan and performance that could be plotted on a chart. The trick was to know that his true nature lived, as perfect as an unwritten number, everywhere at once across space and time.“Forget about faith!” Chiang said it time and again. You didn’t need faith to fly, you needed to understand flying. This is just the same. Now try again ...”

Then one day Jonathan, standing on the shore, closing his eyes, concentrating, all in a flash knew what Chiang had been telling him. “Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” He felt a great shock of joy. "Good!” said Chiang, and there was victory in his voice.

Jonathan opened his eyes. He stood alone with the Elder on a totally different seashore — trees down to the water’s edge, twin yellow suns turning overhead." (BTW...which just happens to be on a different part of the planet I've chosen as MY avatar photo.) And which is described in my Signature below.

July 20th is the day America celebrates the collective achievement of countless of its citizens' work to enable 3 of them to travel to the Moon, and 2 of them to then walk on the moon, before all of them returned safely to Earth, 50 years ago in 1969. It was July 20, 1969, when Armstrong and fellow astronaut Edwin "Buzz" Aldrin made cosmic history as they became the first humans ever to stand and walk on a heavenly body not called Earth. Many of us were there with them, vicariously, every step of the way....and even remember where we were as vividly as if the event had occurred yesterday.

Today, I am inspired by the actions of two other human beings, depicted by Taraji P. Octavia Spencer and Kevin Costner, who played the real-life characters Katherine Johnson, mathematician, and Al Harrison, director of the Space Task Group (STG) in the movie "Hidden Figures", two years ago in 2017.

There is a scene in this excellent movie, where Kevin Costner's character asks Taraji Spencer's character, Katherine Johnson, one question, after successfully ensuring that John Glenn would survive the potential fire danger jeopardizing historic mission of Glenn's Freedom 7 spacecraft; achieving 3 of 7 historic circumnavigations of Earth and to safely splash down nearly precisely where Katherine Johnson said it would in the Caribbean. I invite you to see what her one answer was in the 1st reference.

Coincidental to today's anniversary celebrations, on NASA TV, I watched the liftoff of three Expedition 60 crewmates from the Baikonur Cosmodrome in Kazakhstan on time today at 12:28 p.m. EDT to the International Space Station on the 50th anniversary of NASA landing humans on the Moon for the first time. They'll dock to their new home in space at 6:51 p.m. Aboard the Soyuz MS-13 spacecraft are Drew Morgan of NASA, Luca Parmitano of the European Space Agency and Alexander Skvortsov of Roscosmos. See reference 2 YouTube.

With her answer, I think the real-life Katherine Johnson truly understood "the trick" of how to apply the One Answer to the One Question to all such explorations.

However, like her cast-mates in the movie, Hidden Figures, and the rest of humanity, we as as an exploring species will continue to remain shackled to the fate of "those who scorn perfection for the sake of travel go nowhere, slowly"....in cumbersome spacecraft.

...while, "Those who put aside travel for the sake of perfection go anywhere instantly". How?

...by exploring the vastness awaiting within our own selves, "whose true nature lives, as perfect as an unwritten number, everywhere at once across space and time."

Where would you rather be? Stuck in a space ship for as long as it takes to get "there"? Or.....

Exploring anywhere, anytime...in a flash...by Being there!

Or as Neville Goddard reminds us to, live from the feeling of the wish fulfilled vs. merely thinking of it.

Reference: https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/f90c6f1...e-1ea3517d597f Click the one scene, then advance it to the next scene.

Reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJLO0sza80w

Last edited by guthrio : 10-09-2019 at 10:33 PM. Reason: Correct title
Old 17-11-2019, 05:23 PM
Master
Give yourself a present

Quote:
"Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen."
Dale Cooper - Twin Peaks

... just thought I'd give myself a present by sharing it with all of you today.

All,

Today I gave myself the gift of acknowledging that I don't know or understand much about anything!

The journey of discovery continues, though....and that's fine with me.

As a matter of fact: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...xNV SdJyF_9Tq. (skip the ad)

Last edited by guthrio : 17-11-2019 at 06:13 PM.
Old 24-11-2019, 10:34 AM
Sweet youtube, guthrio.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 25-11-2019, 03:40 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Sweet youtube, guthrio.

.... Thanks Miss Hepburn, what a wonderful world it could be if we all knew that, too
Old 26-11-2019, 03:45 PM
Master
Why was Moses the most popular man in the Bible?

Quote:
"Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen."
Dale Cooper - Twin Peaks

All,

I have the great fortune of sharing a punny sense of humor with the postal employee who delivers my mail. We write puns to one another and leave them in the mailbox for the other to read.

It's so much fun trying to think up puns, very much like the fun I have playing the 5-word sentence game in the Lounge here on Spiritual Forums. Ya never know what you're gonna get, and you never know what your response will be to it. It's like a manifestation exercise to come up with "something" from seemingly "nothing".

So my mailbox had the following pun in it last evening:

"What does a computer do at lunchtime? (I turned the paper over to see the answer) "Have a byte"!

After gathering my mail, I left my note with the title of this post, above. Today, when he turns the paper over, he'll see this answer:
"Because he partied the Red Sea"

Heh, heh!

Speaking of manifestation exercises, I found out why I'm able to have so much fun seemingly coming up with "something" from "nothing", provided for your continued pleasure, below. You may be surprised to discover that the process to come up with an "answer" to the "demand" for a 5-letter sentence, or a pun is actually no different than coming up with the solution to a vexing problem....it's simply a matter of "Changing the feeling of "I"....to eventually experience the "Voila" circumstance, afterward.

Now that's fun!!

Hope this helps you with "partying your own Red Sea", temporarily separating you (that's a pun, get it?) from the solutions you seek on the other side of "I"...especially the very last paragraph!

Give yourself the pleasure of spreading some "pun"-ishment around, if ya think ya got it in ya !!

Enjoy!! Have I said that it's soooooo much fun?

Reference: http://realneville.com/txt/changing_...eling_of_i.htm

Last edited by guthrio : 26-11-2019 at 04:38 PM. Reason: clarify inputs
Old 30-11-2019, 08:35 PM
Master
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Quote:
Dale Cooper - Twin Peaks

You'll Never Walk Alone: The Three Tenors

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=T5Obrj3IjBY. (skip the ad)
Old 28-12-2019, 08:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Dale Cooper - Twin Peaks

Who would have thought this quote would come from a movie entitled, "Men in Black: International"?

“Always remember: the universe has a way of leading you to where you're supposed to be, at the moment you're supposed to be there.”
LIAM NEESON - Agent High T

An excellent movie!