Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Natural Remedies

Old 23-02-2014, 11:29 AM
Newbie ;)

Any Natural remedies for the shingles?

Hi, I have got the shingles and I was wondering if there are any natural remedies for the shingles that you may know of to soothe the pain.

thanks
Old 24-02-2014, 03:30 AM
According to...sorry I forget...she quarantees mega doses of B6 work...she even talks about
Shots....if I find the book I'll get back to you.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 24-02-2014, 01:35 PM
Master
Aloe gel is always worth a go. Doesn't cost an arm and a leg either.
Old 27-02-2014, 06:10 PM
Experiencer
Find a massage therapist that can do the Raindrop Technique with Young Living Essential Oils! Google it and you will see why I am recommending this.
Old 27-02-2014, 08:54 PM
Experiencer
I had shingles a few years back, and this is what we did for the burning itch. It's not "natural" per se, but the remedy I have does not involve going to the doctor, or getting shots. It's pretty cheap, too.

Get some antibacterial cream (like Neosporin, but not ointment, that doesn't dry) and mix it up with some hydrocortisone cream. Make a paste of it, in about 60:40 (majority being antibacterial cream) and spread it over the blisters. If you can also get your hands on some hydrocortisone spray, it will be a life-saver for when you are not able to put on the cream. Apply about every hour or two, or as needed.

Also:

- Make a bed-sheet toga for in the house, and wear only loose-fitting clothing outside. Yeah, you will feel silly, but you will feel better.
- Cool baths are nice.
- Stay away from young children that have not been exposed to chickenpox.
- DON'T ITCH!! I know how hard it is to resist, but unless you don't mind incredibly bumply scars, don't do it.

Best of luck with this itchy devil!
Old 27-02-2014, 08:58 PM
Master

Oh that's meant to be super-painful, wishing you well soon.
Old 27-02-2014, 10:11 PM
Neville

I was advised rest, much rest, To cope with the itchiness Natural antihistamines are , high Vitamin C foods..Flavinoids and anything containing Omega 3 fatty Acids.

And another odd anti histamine thing, If you can find them this time of year are Dock Leaves, They do not only work on Nettle stings.
Old 28-02-2014, 03:01 AM
Super Moderator
I had Shingles twice. I made a lotion with ECHINACEA ANGUSTIFOLIA, MYRRH, and GOLDEN SEAL. (I used tinctures and mixed them together)
I bathed the rash three times a day, allowing the lotion to dry naturally on the skin before putting clothing back on.
I also drank the same mixture, 1 teaspoonful 3 times a day.
(Contra-indications: Echinacea shouldn't be used if there is auto-immune disease.) Re: Golden seal (possible contra-indications: http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supple...ame=GOLDENSEAL

Golden Seal should not be used if pregnant or breast feeding.

In my case, the rash cleared in half the time I was quoted by the doctor. There was no pain following the condition clearing.
I also ate well, drank plenty of water, and took B complex supplements alongside a Vitamin C supplement.
Old 02-03-2014, 08:04 PM
pens66

Not really a remedy, but peanut products/peanut butter aggravate herpes viruses whether it be a cold sore or shingles. L lysine is a natural antiviral supplement that Ward off shingles and cold sores and help heal them. Avoiding foods high is arginine helps relieve shingles too , peas, peanuts are ones off hand I can think of but easily googled. Camphor is a natural product and does relieve the sting. It comes in a tube usually at the chap stick isle.
Old 05-03-2014, 02:32 PM
Experiencer

A coworker/friend of mine developed the kind of shingles under the skin, a rare type. Took a long time for recovery for him, as he ate the typical American diet.
He wasn't the same person during his ordeal with shingles. He's over the shingle now, and, back to his old self.

With proper diet and exercise, you can help prevent outbreaks. The key is to eat foods that boost your immune system, and, avoid foods that weaken it.