Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 06-03-2018, 09:17 PM
Master
Turning the shame and the fear of the world around.

For the whole world to snap out of its shame and fear would take a miraculous act of God or Divine Love. It is something totally way beyond my capability and I know this. It is one of the reasons I am careful about calling myself God - because I just don't have that kind of ability.

I think that self empowerment helps people snap out of their own shame and fear. But calling oneself God is a double edged sword when it comes to such things.

The term "I Am God" is only a half truth. It empowers the self, but the self will never have the ability to save the whole world. So in a sense "I Am not God" - because I am limited. Even self realised saints are limited. There is not one enlightened being who could save the whole world. All that enlightened beings have done is save themselves.

It would take God almighty to save everyone. Not an enlightened man. Such is the paradox of I AM. This is why I disagree with Hinduism and the New Age. They claim "I Am God" yet they cannot save the world.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 07-03-2018, 05:05 PM
Pathfinder

I argue that God has no responsibility or desire to save the world. He likes it as it is. The manifestors who have awakened their God persona simply have no want to save the world.

You can gain God like manifestation powers in this life, unless you want to save the world. This is evidence that God likes the world as it is. There's no end to selfish acquisition yet no one is allowed to spiritually awaken the planet.

I'm God. I have everything I want, when I want it. I live an easy, indolent life.
Old 07-03-2018, 05:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
For the whole world to snap out of its shame and fear would take a miraculous act of God or Divine Love. It is something totally way beyond my capability and I know this. It is one of the reasons I am careful about calling myself God - because I just don't have that kind of ability.

I think that self empowerment helps people snap out of their own shame and fear. But calling oneself God is a double edged sword when it comes to such things.

The term "I Am God" is only a half truth. It empowers the self, but the self will never have the ability to save the whole world. So in a sense "I Am not God" - because I am limited. Even self realised saints are limited. There is not one enlightened being who could save the whole world. All that enlightened beings have done is save themselves.

It would take God almighty to save everyone. Not an enlightened man. Such is the paradox of I AM. This is why I disagree with Hinduism and the New Age. They claim "I Am God" yet they cannot save the world.

I see you still struggle with this. It's as if you are fighting yourself. You want better, you know, there is something more. Something deeper within yourself. Yet, you fight against it. You reject it. Some would call this ego, but those are merely just labels that we use to identify things within our reality.

I think you fail to understand the awakened being. And fail to understand the scope of such an achievement within the world. For when we work on ourselves, when we heal ourselves, when we better ourselves, we heal and better the world.

What you are asking and wanting is for "God" to come here, and violate every person's freewill, and everyone's life path, for a notion to "save" the world. Now you are stepping into the dogma of religion. Yet, you said you are a person, and a person is limited and you cannot do this.. Yet, somehow you accept the notion that God could become this "human" and can save the world.. Now you are creating a paradox within your thinking. Either human is limited and can't do it. Or human is not limited and can do it. Which is it? You say a human is not God, yet, you can accept that God can be a human. So... Do you see where this is going?
Old 07-03-2018, 05:48 PM
Master

I don't see the world being neither in shame, nor in fear.

And it shouldn't be! Both attract abuse.

Also, I believe that each one of has the power to change their life into a joyful one, like an all powerful God, without the help of an even mightier God.

None of us should try to change the world; just ourselves! Trying to change the world of others isn't only futile, but it is against our purpose to be here.
Old 08-03-2018, 05:52 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by innerlight
I see you still struggle with this. It's as if you are fighting yourself. You want better, you know, there is something more. Something deeper within yourself. Yet, you fight against it. You reject it. Some would call this ego, but those are merely just labels that we use to identify things within our reality.

I think you fail to understand the awakened being. And fail to understand the scope of such an achievement within the world. For when we work on ourselves, when we heal ourselves, when we better ourselves, we heal and better the world.

What you are asking and wanting is for "God" to come here, and violate every person's freewill, and everyone's life path, for a notion to "save" the world. Now you are stepping into the dogma of religion. Yet, you said you are a person, and a person is limited and you cannot do this.. Yet, somehow you accept the notion that God could become this "human" and can save the world.. Now you are creating a paradox within your thinking. Either human is limited and can't do it. Or human is not limited and can do it. Which is it? You say a human is not God, yet, you can accept that God can be a human. So... Do you see where this is going?
I totally agree with this!

Like Honza, I still struggle with this myself every now and again, but I realise I'm just fighting against my own insecurities about my position in relation to God, which is still ego...and there's nothing whatsoever wrong with having an ego, provided it knows its place.

If you truly love God, you really need to trust Him a bit more...even if that means turning your back against the 'evils of the world' to do so.

I'll give you a beautiful example, Honza.

I worship the Hindu God, Shiva...I feel a lot of love for this Divine Being who I feel exists outside of/apart from what "I" am, on any level that "I" can understand this relationship.

Therefore, when I read another...even Shankaracharya saying "Shivoham" (I AM Shiva)...I'm like "that's not how "I" see this going down"...irrespective of the many who do...but those who see themselves AS God are also entitled to do so.

Today, I was reading some sacred Shaivite texts called the Spanda Karikas and I came across this saying:

यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si

Which means: "because you are identical with śiva"

Now, 'being something' and 'being identical with something' are two totally different concepts.

Identical twins are the same in every conceivable way, but they are NOT 'the same person'...they just have the same DNA.

Just like you and I have "God's DNA" but that doesn't mean we ARE God...we have our parent's DNA, but we are not our parents!

Many have taken this 'identical identity' to mean they ARE Shiva, when they only embody the Divine Essence thereof.

...and so, I am thus placated for a while....suffice to say, not ALL Hindus are like you describe there, my love.
Old 08-03-2018, 06:44 AM
Master
Also, the cat goes among the pigeons now...I'm just gonna open it up and throw it in there and damn the consequences - because I am totally like that. :)

Quote:
This is why I disagree with Hinduism and the New Age. They claim "I Am God" yet they cannot save the world.

In the Hindu religion, we have a concept called Yugas.

At the moment (and for the past few thousand years) we are in the middle of the darkest age in human spiritual development called Kali Yuga.

According to the Hindu scriptures, in the middle of Kali Yuga, certain things are gonna happen...there's going to be a LOT of shame and fear in the world...there's going to be a LOT of 'false teachings' saying they are based ON the Hindu scriptures, but will bear absolutely no relevance whatsoever to them...there's going to be a LOT of people saying "I am already enlightened, so I don't need to do anything whatsoever"...meanwhile they will still feel emotions like anger, hatred, fear etc saying "that's okay because I'm enlightened, so all that doesn't matter" and there's going to be a LOT of people who say they ARE God, so they don't NEED God.

As unfortunate as it is, many believe that the Age of Aquarius will bring us back to a 'Golden Age' when according to Hindu scriptures, the Age of Aquarius signifies the middle of Kali Yuga and the darkest times...humankind still has a LONG way to go before the next 'Golden Age' (Satya Yuga).

Now, the epidemic of this Kali Yuga is so widespread...so ingrained, it has become the 'norm' for all sections of society, including the 'spiritual sector'...however, the very rare few of us are immune to the effects of Kali Yuga and have to deal with everybody else saying 'you are wrong' because they are totally enmeshed within it and cannot see that...and in the case of society it's a 'majority rules' scenario and that's how Kali Yuga gets perpetuated, because nobody dares take a stance against it and even if they DID, it would just be like peeing in the ocean anyway.

I hope this explains it.
Old 08-03-2018, 07:24 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza

change yourself and you change the world.
if you think of salvation as a "done deal", then all you need to do is
make the changes within you that allow you to perceive that reality.
this amounts to 'actualizing' the concept of salvation... causing it.
Old 08-03-2018, 07:28 AM
Master
Quote:
Shivani Devi: because nobody dares take a stance against it
i believe that there are many willing to do so
(or foolish enough to, if you prefer).
it occurs to me that there may be a point at which the combined
intentions of those individuals may indeed make a difference.

who made the rule "majority rules" anyways?
is there a single individual who has agreed to
have their autonomy proscribed?