Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 05-12-2017, 08:21 PM
Master
Green Witch - Standing Stone 11

Just wondering, I always find this Standing STone 11 (Justice) such a peculiar card.

I know normally speaking Justice is neutral, impartial, balance too etc. etc. But in this card I somehow always see a lovely place for a handfasting (pagan wedding). So to me this is almost like a wedding card. Or, since wedding is commitment, a commitment card.
What makes me feel that way? I guess the fact that standing stones are erected in a place of power, the stone circle, the lovely flowers. Somehow the exact right place for a handfasting (wedding).

Bit of info from the book on the (Celtic) symbols:
The book mentions there being a triquetra resting on scales. but that is not a triquetra but a triskele or triskellion. Nice bleep-up, hihi. Meaning of a triskele vary greatly, it's one of the most difficult Celtic symbols to 'decipher'.
The labyrinth signifies the path one must follow to reach the heart of a matter and find truth.

In any case... anyone else think 'wedding' or 'handfasting' or 'commitment' upon seeing this card?
Old 05-12-2017, 08:54 PM
Deactivated Account

Hi Fairy,

thought provoking threads you make. I don't own this deck, but because I am so curious with the image, Ill just add my thoughts based on the image alone. I was immediately drawn to the Labyrinth. I am reminded of Carol Jung and his theories of collective consciousness( He gets into Labyrinths and archetypes) . I am way too rusty/dense right now to remember its significance tho lol, but for kicks I googled labyrinths

Quote:
On the surface the symbolic meaning of the labyrinth deals with:

passage of time
spiritual growth
enlightenment
connection to source
rebirth
resurrection
emergence
evolution
progress
spiritual path
initiation

When I see this picture (or the way my mind translates it) I see a burial tombstone/gravestone representing death/rebirth (both same to me). I feel like it represents Karmic cycles and energies coming to full circle(resolved and unresolved bonds). Bonds and story themes that are deeply ancestral and generational. So to answer your question, I guess I do see 'commitment' because it's written in stone from a time long ago, assuming one is into reincarnation

Anyhow, I am fascinated honestly, I think this is a beautiful card and a very unique Justice card. The justice card is tarot is one of my favorite cards.
Old 05-12-2017, 10:31 PM
Master
Thought provoking threads, hihi. I like that :)
I forgot to mention there's also runes on the stone, the text has Mannaz, Raido, and the 'H' could be Hagalaz, although it's not exactly the same (mirrored).

Standing stones to me are never tombstones, thank goodness, I don't like that thought, haha. To me they mean sacred places. Places of power, and as such places where rituals were performed in the old days.

The labyrinth... I thought it was a (bad) copy of the one in the Chartres, but on closer inspection, it's too different.
Old 06-12-2017, 05:36 AM
Guide

Hi FairyCrystal!

For me standing stones represent sacred space where ancients practiced their beliefs with great ceremony, including reverence to the universe, possibly with a commitment to create portals into other dimensions. Stuff you already know, right?

I feel the stones were erected for grounding, balance and objectivity whilst the observances carried on, which makes it an ideal choice for the Justice card.
The runes engraved on the standing stone do make it interesting, indicating an elemental awakening or journey to the self, and it's backed up by the labyrinth...not forgetting the admonishment 'Harm None'. We are responsible for the consequences of our actions (or non-actions).. This card is about clarity.

You may or may not recall I pulled this card for you in another thread re: your break up situation. I'm sorry, I do not see this as a wedding card at all :-(
But def a testament to standing in your truth and weathering any storm.
Old 06-12-2017, 11:16 AM
Master
Yes, I do recall, which is what made me re-evaluate the Justice and Standing Stone card.
The Justice card never really spoke to me much, the Standing stone is easier for me. I did see it as a kind of wedding (handfasting) place. Not now after my breakup, but ever since I got the deck in May.
So I'm a bit confused now about this card, haha, but I guess it's all just one of the many layers of a card.
Like "Death" can be either a good thing or a bad thing, depending on context, but the baseline of the card remains the same: ending and new beginning.
With the Justice card I'm stuck now when it comes to its baseline for me, hence my question if there's others who can see commitment/handfasting/wedding in the Standing Stone. Standing stone gives me a different feeling than the Justice card.

What I saw in the piccie in my OP, that I'd never seen on the card... it's as if there's a misty figure in the background in between the 2 trees on the right hand side. Not a clue what it's supposed to be, but it seems to be a misty figure, reminded me of a spirit, an ancestor present and attending whatever ritual is being performed here.
Old 06-12-2017, 03:04 PM
Master

I seem to get this card often too and though I find it puzzling and intriguing, I prefer it to the Justice card. This card from GWT brings a sense of peace, of arriving at a sacred place of stillness in one's journey. It is a place one has come to before, usually after a time of trauma, break up, a sense of betrayal and loss; but each time one has learned something new so that there is this sense of evolution. The contract to me seems to be a soul contract, like our soul chose this path or relationship for certain lessons. The stone seems very grounding, calming and somewhat supportive in times of stress. I too, feel that the card portrays everyone will follow their own karmic path and reap the fruit of their actions. Our task is to focus on our own growth even in tough times, especially in tough times when all does not seem fair or explicable.
Thank you for sharing this pic, the explanations and perspectives.
Old 06-12-2017, 05:57 PM
Master
i no iv bean getin 11 in dreams i hav
i no wz brn on 11 mth i wz 15th day

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 06-12-2017, 06:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonincancer
I seem to get this card often too and though I find it puzzling and intriguing, I prefer it to the Justice card. This card from GWT brings a sense of peace, of arriving at a sacred place of stillness in one's journey. It is a place one has come to before, usually after a time of trauma, break up, a sense of betrayal and loss; but each time one has learned something new so that there is this sense of evolution. The contract to me seems to be a soul contract, like our soul chose this path or relationship for certain lessons. The stone seems very grounding, calming and somewhat supportive in times of stress. I too, feel that the card portrays everyone will follow their own karmic path and reap the fruit of their actions. Our task is to focus on our own growth even in tough times, especially in tough times when all does not seem fair or explicable.
Thank you for sharing this pic, the explanations and perspectives.
I really like this! Thank you for sharing
Old 07-12-2017, 11:38 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
In any case... anyone else think 'wedding' or 'handfasting' or 'commitment' upon seeing this card?

Certainly, the labyrinth and the spider illustrate this.
Old 09-12-2017, 10:20 AM
Master
Thank you, Kine Lea :)
Could you elaborate a bit more on how you feel the spider and labyrinth illustrate that?