Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 27-11-2017, 10:16 PM
traceyacey12

Can I make my own cards to read?

Hi,

A few weeks ago, I decided to make my own cards with messages on it. I believe I'm a twin flame and I feel like my intuition has been rising because of this. I've also felt sensations where my third eye is. Based on this information, or in general, could you say that I can make my own cards and use it to do readings for myself? How does this all work?

Thanks,

Tracey
Old 27-11-2017, 11:11 PM
Deactivated Account

Sure, you can absolutely you can make your own tarot cards. In fact, you can get a pen and pencil and do your own sketches. Divinity is divinity.

I think the most popular and universally used tarot system is the Rider-Waite Tarot system (link). You want to learn this system to get a really good in depth understanding of the tarot. I can imagine attempting to make 78 cards would be a great deal of work.

For ideas, If you go on Etsy, there are a handful of people who sell their own self created tarot cards. It's a great place to get ideas.
Old 28-11-2017, 02:09 AM
Master
Yep you can make your own cards, I already have a deck of 20 cards that I have designed myself. I am currently making additions to it. Whatever you feel drawn to , or whatever theme you feel drawn to, you can use it for your personal reference. For me it's just for fun.
Old 28-11-2017, 11:44 PM
traceyacey12

Thanks guys! Very helpful
Old 28-11-2017, 11:56 PM
Master
I once started making my own cards as well, but never finished it off, so only had about 6. I had one for happiness, Maria, Archangel Michael and a couple more. I laminated them.
Even though I only made a few, I found great joy in creating them.
Just go for it, enjoy the process!
Old 29-11-2017, 01:52 AM
Master
I would directly with Higher Self and we made two decks, at first they were just magic markers on playing cards until we had it nuanced out.

One was to cover spiritual precepts not in store bought Angel/Oracle cards and the other deck is our "Mad Scientist' Deck and is full of scientific notations, measurement and other useful things for designing/inventing. Again not a type of deck one can buy in a store.
Both decks are pretty no-fuss, just words, no pictures.

I could probably make another deck at this point...

The trick is to make sure you also have the words/answers in them you don't want to hear as well as the one's you do want. All rainbows and sugar pops in a deck isn't useful - it just placates ego is all.
Old 29-11-2017, 02:56 AM
traceyacey12

Thanks again! Will consider all these suggestions