Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 19-10-2017, 04:35 PM
Master
COURT CARDS only Gift & Challenge

I know we got a lot of games going, but since many have a problem with court cards, I thought it would be great to do one that focuses on them.
And I like the gift & challenge game, so there ya go!

PLEASE feel free to give feedback on other's interpretation so we can learn from each other.

Asking why someone came to a specific interpretation of a Royal is of course also possible. Anything that can help us get a better understanding of these cards.

Last but not least: Let's try to get a variety of things, not just personality related. Think work, finances, relationship, health, whatever.

QUEEN OF CUPS:
GIFT: Trusting her heart and intuition and loving of Self

CHALLENGE: A drama queen, emotionally unstable.
Old 19-10-2017, 06:05 PM
55Degrees

Oooh I like.
I'm going to stick with Queen of Cups as finances/spending money.

GIFT - Prefers to part with her money on things that will bring her joy. The most likely of the court cards to be interested in antiques. Can visualise how an item will 'fit' within her environment. Likes things she buys to have a nice vibe/feel good and have a certain beauty about them.

CHALLENGE - An emotional spender. If she's having a bad day she'll treat herself, or those she loves, to something nice to cheer herself up (it makes her happy to see the joy in someone else's face when they are presented with a gift). Ending up in a spending frenzy that she'll berate herself for later.
Old 19-10-2017, 06:31 PM
Master
Hiya Pisces! Glad you like, grin.
And OMG, reading that, I'm a real Queen of Cups

I'm giving Queen of Swords a whirl...
GIFT: The kind of woman who has no problem with budgeting, yet still able to look the part, cook that gourmet-like dinner, and managing to create a homely feeling without going overboard.

CHALLENGE: So extreme in not wanting to spend a dime that she looses her finesse and both she and her home lack any sense of warmth.

(geezzz this is hard!)
Old 19-10-2017, 06:54 PM
55Degrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
Hiya Pisces! Glad you like, grin.
And OMG, reading that, I'm a real Queen of Cups

I'm giving Queen of Swords a whirl...
GIFT: The kind of woman who has no problem with budgeting, yet still able to look the part, cook that gourmet-like dinner, and managing to create a homely feeling without going overboard.

CHALLENGE: So extreme in not wanting to spend a dime that she looses her finesse and both she and her home lack any sense of warmth.

(geezzz this is hard!)

Haha I see Queen of Swords as a being excellent at budgeting. She's the one you see with all her utility/obligatory payment dates marked on the calender along with payee name and amount due. She sticks to her shopping list. If it doesn't serve a purpose then she refuses to buy. She's not frightened to challenge for a discount either. She'll shop around for the best deal possible on everything from her mortgage right down to a loaf of bread.
She has a capsule wardrobe consisting of a few good quality staples like black trousers, skirt, dress and jacket with a selection of co-ordinating blouses, tops and sweaters, carefully chosen accessories (nothing glittery or too ostentatious) and a few casual outfits but it's mostly office wear.

As a challenge she'll argue over a penny at the cash desk, demand a refund for a cappuccino being slightly too frothy. She always sends book tokens as gifts (and for the least amount possible). I agree her house is stark and functional, not comfortable and welcoming, no ornaments except a framed university degree on her wall and will have a study in the spare room.
Old 19-10-2017, 07:05 PM
Deactivated Account

King of Swords:

Gift: In relationship, honest, direct, articulate, assertive and a great conversationalist during dinner. Gives credit where credit is due. Never a dull moment in discussing topics on philosophy and life

Challenge: Can be emotionally unavailable. Keeps score. Withholds. Logic before compassion. Hello It's Mr. Spock time. Example: Lover wants more time or assurance to hear she is needed, and when she broaches the topic, the King is perplexed and shifts into logic mode. He thinks to himself, " but I took the afternoon off from my strenuous demanding schedule to call her. I even gave her an extra 20 minn to explain how to dodge traffic on the express way when she could have googled, how is this not enough for her !?!!"

Always thinking. muuuaaha Feel free to give better examples. I never dated a King Of Swords exclusively but met similar personalities... I think I would drown in sorrow like a Queen of Cups LOL Swords can still be appealing though. Hey, they can verse me on Shakespeare all they want as long as they make it look good *cough* Okay Clover pulls herself together....
Old 19-10-2017, 08:56 PM
55Degrees

@Clover
I enjoy the company of King of Swords type (but I'm oooooooooold and argumentative ).

GIFT - He's intelligent and articulate, he knows exactly how to verbalise his ideas. He can make the impossible sound possible. He's the guy who balances your cheque book, makes sure the car insurance is re-newed. He's definitely 'the man of the house'.
He's also the least likely to have an affair, he has a life plan and for that, he needs focus. Distractions are not welcomed.
He's the guy who brings work home with him for fun . He is well read and has little time for deliberate stupidity. He dislikes shallow people, 'yes men' and people who cannot debate or express an opinion. He's firm but fair he will tell you what he's thinking, he's honest, has integrity and a strong moral code.

CHALLENGE - This guy can be ruthless in love and business. He will shut you down if he doesn't like what he's hearing. He can be cold, calculating and cruel in a verbal sense. He speaks before thinking. He spends so much time working on his ideas, those close to him can cease to exist.
He can be pedantic, argumentative and testy. He makes fun of those less 'successful' than him. He scoffs at those who can't express themselves or who seem less intelligent than him, yet he hates to be upstaged by someone who is better informed than he is. He believes if he can do/understands something then everybody should be able to and is impatient with those who find it difficult.
Old 19-10-2017, 10:49 PM
Deactivated Account

^ Oh my. The King Of Swords shadow aspects you described gave me the yucky chills. Swords is all air element and yang dominated. According to references, King of Swords is associated with Libra, Gemini, and Aquarius. Your description has a lot of traits my ex had during our darker years. He is a Libra sun and moon. Not to mention he has a physics/engineering back ground. So of course, logic and common sense ruled any topic with him. Spirituality? Forget it, not a topic of his liking. Let's talk about technology, and the worst, strategies for video games. If he could speak for me he would and he did sometimes like ordering at restaurants. Cripe, I haven't dated a King of Swords, I married him Welp, that didn't last very long....

To his credit though, he had a lot of likable fire/wand energy too.We had a lot of fun together in our better days. So I am sure other areas in his astrology chart compensated for the cold air elemental .We were big on travel and dancing ( and we could really wow a crowd together with our dance moves haha) Most Libras I meet are very similar in that aspect, they are social and like to have fun. The shadow aspects of this energy though, are not very pretty
Old 19-10-2017, 11:49 PM
55Degrees

Haha yep, my first husband was a Libra. At his best we had fantastic debates (ahem....arguments) and discussions about all sorts. He could hold a room with his conversation, and had a rapid fire wit. He was a petro-chemical engineer and was great for finding working solutions to almost any problem (analytical and logical Air traits).

When his shadow side came out tho, boy oh boy, could he use your own words against you. I've seen him callously annhilate someone's character, simply because they got caught out on a lie, not a huge one, they just exaggerated some aspect of themself. His favourite 'threat' was "If I find out you're lying.......".
Old 20-10-2017, 12:23 AM
Master

King of Cups
GIFT: I'm blessed to have several of these in my life as old work colleagues, work contacts etc. As men, they are gifted with high EQ and usually make excellent bosses. They're usually very kind to animals, get on well with female work colleagues, and make the very best of husbands and fathers. They're usually great cooks and the first to offer other people a taste of their recent dish, or ask them around for dinner/lunch etc (actually, they really enjoy food in general - the best meetings are ones done over lunch!).

CHALLENGE: The challenges... is there a challenge?! (I'm very partial to King of Cups, as you can see) They're prone to putting on weight (because of all the food love) and are likely to struggle to get calendar-body ready. Sometimes they may not be as decisive as the other Kings because they're processing their feelings and also spending a second to think about what other people are going through.
Old 20-10-2017, 10:26 AM
Master
I like the things that come up!

King of Pentacles:

GIFT: Kind and warm, generous. Willing to share, but he's down to earth enough to not give away/spend more than he can afford. There won't be shortage though, because he has plenty to give.

CHALLENGE: being indolent. Someone who can't be bothered to make much an effort anymore. I sense a selfish streak in this --> "I got my things sussed, I'm content, and whatever it is you need, your problem, not mine."