Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Books

Old 18-08-2021, 09:37 AM
Master
You Can Heal Your Life by Louise Hay

Can you believe that this New Age book has now sold over 50 million copies. Ever since I read it in the 1980's my life was changed.
It introduced the principles by which I could help myself.

Do you own this book or have you read it?

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 24-08-2021, 09:38 PM
Guide
Lightbulb

Yes I don't remember much about it now except that, at the time, it felt groundbreaking - new terrain and possibilities.
Presumably it helped you take control where you thought you had none?
Old 25-08-2021, 10:12 AM
Thumbs up

Yes, what a ground breaking book.
And Hay House is now the best publishing company of so many great books.
But, I bet many younger people may have never heard of it, so it's good you brought it up, Honza. :)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 24-03-2022, 09:53 AM
Seeker
Louise Hay's You Can Heal Your Life made a great impact on my life, even though I had a difficult time accepting her belief that we choose our parents.

I get it now, though. :)

Here’s one of the many statements by Louise that eventually registered with me: "We are all victims of victims, and they could not possibly have taught us anything they did not know. If your mother did not know how to love herself, or your father did not know how to love himself, then it would be impossible for them to teach you to love yourself.”

Family relationships are complex, aren’t they?
Old 31-03-2022, 04:11 PM
Guide
I bought that book in the 80's as well as the small book she had with symptoms and affirmations. I still have both books.
Old 31-03-2022, 05:27 PM
Guide

I've read the book, then gave it to a friend.
There's also a movie, saw it on YouTube years ago, but can't find it now.
Old 07-04-2022, 10:49 PM
Ascender

Yes, it was one of the first spiritual books I ever bought right at the start of my journey. There have been lots of similar books since, but back in the 1980’s when it was first published, it was quite ground-breaking. Such ideas as thoughts creating reality were seen as radical, but they are an ability we all have.
Old 15-09-2022, 05:39 AM
Master
So since I was about 21 years old when I first read this book I have been moulding my life for the better. I am now 56 and feel powerful of optimistic. I still use the techniques I learnt from this book. My thanks to Louise Hay and I guess to the whole New Age for the inspiration.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 15-09-2022, 08:20 AM
Master
Yep. It was "How to Heal Your Life" by Louise Hay and "Out on a Limb" by Shirley MacLaine.
Old 16-09-2022, 09:58 PM
Madamedude

Gee, never heard of it but now I'm gonna read it.
I personally never gave a rat's something if something was new age or else to be read or seen, I mean eating veggies is considered "diet" but nonetheless good to me so..