Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 29-11-2019, 01:14 PM
ImthatIm

Theophilus

Question.

In Gen. 5:2 it says:
Quote:
2 Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

How many Adams were there???
Thanks in advance.
Old 29-11-2019, 01:19 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
Totally agree,MAYA EL.

You totally agree that the Bible is only a little obsolete, as does MAYA EL?

Or do you believe it is TOTALLY obsolete?
Old 29-11-2019, 02:55 PM
hazada guess

[quote=ImthatIm]You totally agree that the Bible is only a little obsolete, as does MAYA EL?

Or do you believe it is TOTALLY obsolete?[/QUOTE

Hi imthatim............I don't class myself as a Christian but I believe a lot of he bible is true (and a lot has been removed).if you read the bible,there is a lot that couldn't be true, but it was written so long ago,people didn't understand as well as we do now,ie the parting of the sea.(It was probably tidal)etc.
I believe that it just gives us a rough outline as to what happened.I do believe in God and Jesus but I think that his life has been grossly over exaggerated.That is my belief,anyway.No doubt you'll disagree.
Old 29-11-2019, 03:10 PM
Experiencer

sky-unacceptable for an answer for me to look at surveys onine-you made the statement-however, while there may be some surveys-you cannot make the statement "most christians-or very few christians believe..."

and why cant you make that statement because I never received any type of survey asking me if I believed/not believe the stories.and

so I think I have made/proved my point that you cannot make that sort of statement and call it truth-despite that you have under your profile name as master-you are misleading people if they do not read very carefully your statements
Old 29-11-2019, 03:13 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
Genesis 3:16 "Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee."

What is this telling you? We know that Adam and Eve had two children after the fall and then Cain found a wife in a distant place but there's no information about more people other than the four so it's the general assumption that they had more children.What if they had more children and these children were born before the fall, how could Eve understand the increasing of the pain of birth if she never experienced it before?

no, they had more than two Children, the bible speaks of another Son, Seth. what many don't seem to understand is the fact they these people were more closer to perfection than we are today. Which means they were more healthier and lived a lot longer than we, who are living in the “Last Days” Adam 130 years old when he had Seth ,(Gen. 5:3 And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, and after his image; and called his name Seth). Which in that time, it was like Adam was in his 20's.

By the time Adam was 800, he had MANY Sons and Daughters,(Gen.5:4 And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and daughters). Someone seem to believe that the situation between Can and Abel happen when they were young men. Thanks to the MANY false artist conceptions. These brothers could have been older men, by the time this act of Cain took place. Cain could have murder his brother when he was 100, 200, 300 or even 400 years old, not in his 20's or 30's. Again, men in that time ,at an old age, (as we see it), had the stamina of a young man.

So there's a good chance that if Adam lived to be 930 years. and Seth lived to be 920 years old. it's most likely Cain also lived well over 100 years. the point I'm making is, since the first couple lived so long, and DID have more children. they also lived long to have many grandchildren ,great grand, etc. they moved throughout certain parts of the earth, forming different tribes. so in a sense Cain married a family member, (which was ok by God at that time). how else would the world populated? But there were NO other people on Earth before Adam and Eve, i hope this help! Peace
Old 29-11-2019, 03:24 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
Theophilus

Question.

Quote:
2 Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

Thanks in advance.
There was only one Adam but it is possible that he was created androgyne, both male and female. When God created Eve he removed the female part of Adam and formed it into a separate person.

https://clydeherrin.wordpress.com/2015/10/27/adams-rib/
Old 29-11-2019, 03:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by theophilus
There was only one Adam but it is possible that he was created androgyne, both male and female. When God created Eve he removed the female part of Adam and formed it into a separate person.

https://clydeherrin.wordpress.com/2015/10/27/adams-rib/

There was a thread the other week that suggested the baculum bone was used, not the rib.
Old 29-11-2019, 04:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Theophilus

Question.

Thanks in advance.
Your Adam is normally translated as Man. Check other translations and you will see the
King James Translation uses Adam but virtually no other translation does.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 29-11-2019, 07:59 PM
ImthatIm

[quote=hazada guess]
Quote:
You totally agree that the Bible is only a little obsolete, as does MAYA EL?

Or do you believe it is TOTALLY obsolete?[/QUOTE

Hazada guess wrote

Quote:
That is my belief,anyway.No doubt you'll disagree.

Hazada guess I have no reason to agree or disagree.

There is a whole bunch of literature that I just simply put on the shelf
and let it rest.When reading any peoples spiritual or religious documents
I try hard not to pass judgement on it, even if I think I understand it.
Or totally miss the teaching behind it.

Sometimes certain scriptures jump out and I pay attention to it.
I meditate on it and study it and if things ring true to my spirit
I attempt to learn from it. Sometimes I even learn more as time goes by.
Experience is my greatest teacher and sometimes that turns out to be wrong
so I just keep putting one foot in front of the other.
I try hard to stay teachable.

I do enjoy learning about others thoughts and opinions on spiritual matters.

Last edited by ImthatIm : 30-11-2019 at 01:29 AM.
Old 30-11-2019, 01:27 AM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Your Adam is normally translated as Man. Check other translations and you will see the
King James Translation uses Adam but virtually no other translation does.

Correct, the word Adam is used for the word humankind. Or in that verse, for Adam and eve.

Adam means: human being
from the root word aw-dam
to show blood (in the face)