Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 19-12-2019, 04:35 AM
Suspended

The number of pnuema.

Pnuema in christology are "energies" which emit from the soul perhaps comparable to traditional bellows which create pnuematic pressure with air in the same way the taoist mystic Lao Tsu describes the heavens to be a bellows in that the air from a bellows never runs out.

In christology, the pneuma are the things which emit to/from souls which are not due to what I would describe as the base pnuema of ectoplasm: The physical body.

Maybe this enlightens some but Im greedily, self-interested in my own enlightenment to the meta truth of what I really am (besides a fruitcake).

I recognise three different kinds of linguistic telepathy and have trouble identifying the types of their non-lingustic counterparts. Where can I get more information regarding pnuema?
Old 19-12-2019, 10:23 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenDuffy
Pnuema in christology are "energies" which emit from the soul perhaps comparable to traditional bellows which create pnuematic pressure with air in the same way the taoist mystic Lao Tsu describes the heavens to be a bellows in that the air from a bellows never runs out.

In christology, the pneuma are the things which emit to/from souls which are not due to what I would describe as the base pnuema of ectoplasm: The physical body.

Maybe this enlightens some but Im greedily, self-interested in my own enlightenment to the meta truth of what I really am (besides a fruitcake).

I recognise three different kinds of linguistic telepathy and have trouble identifying the types of their non-lingustic counterparts. Where can I get more information regarding pnuema?

much as it seems nice to get beyond the physicalness of things, what we have to work with is the physicalness of things. Fortunately physicalness seems to be a way to access what is beyond... and has the advantage we have some experience with interacting with it as well.

Learning about breathing helps, but beyond the obvious you also want to learn about not breathing and about what happens when you do things like inhale and sing at the same time. (you can make noises other than airy sounds when breathing and some call it singing others call it mantras others call it wailing there are a lot of names... in fact I've noticed one could go a long way just by mimicking the sounds around them. If they weren't scared to be called crazy.)

There is a lot in eastern literature about different ways to breath, I'm sure... if you've the scholarly interest in that sort of thing. But I don't think there is much about WHY to breath different ways, or what you can learn from it. The expectation beyond talking about generalities is you either just figure it out yourself it or you don't get anywhere. Because practically speaking we are talking about something that most people don't do and so there aren't words for it in the regular language so no way to teach in the conventional sense.

It isn't the breathing that is important, it is the things that go with -the muscle movements, other bodily things that happen and the more 'spiritual' things all this evokes.

You may not even notice what is there. Probably will not at least at first. And certainly noone can tell you anything 'real' about what you don't even notice because you don't have a framework to accept the ideas in. Also there is the problem that a lot of us stop long before we learn enough about anything real to be of any use to others... so the source of information is always suspect.

But seemingly, a big part of eastern traditions is for the masters to give the younger ones the experiences they would need if they want to continue - and then depending on how well the youngers could let go of various indoctrinations to be able to 'see' the various things the experiences evoke they might progress.

In this way little children may not notice noises at first either. And when they do they won't know what to make of them until they've been exposed to specific sounds often enough that they start associating the sounds with activities... and then they know how to communicate with others.

it is like that, you don't get to know what is coming in advance the way people praise each other for doing. Sometimes, you won't even know there is something that is coming, or even something that can come. But if you persist and then adapt to your environment in the way a little child adapts to theretofore unknown sensory input there is the potential to learn a lot.

Not that any of this particularly matters, it is just something else one can do with his or her time.