Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 17-12-2019, 02:40 AM
Shivani Devi Shivani Devi is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 10,354
  Shivani Devi's Avatar
How I see it..

If you are sick and tired of what life has to offer, then what is the alternative? There is only one alternative, but are you ready for it? When the time comes, will you surrender peacefully or fight to stay alive? If it is the latter, there must be something about the act of living which is keeping you here beyond a "fear of the unknown" when faced with the alternative, so if today was your last day here, what would you do? You would forget the way the world is and what everyone else is doing wouldn't you? because they will just continue to be that way with or without you...maybe you may take time to smell the roses instead if looking for excrement to sniff and complain that it smells bad and if you can go willingly into death's arms, it means that the world has no meaning for you anymore anyway...so when the chips are down, do you up the ante and bluff or do you fold?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 17-12-2019, 05:21 AM
jro5139 jro5139 is offline
Ascender
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 883
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
You could always join an ashram or a monastery and become a total renunciant. Then you wouldn't have to worry about what goes on outside that establishment and what others say to you or think about you because that is what you have renounced!

I am seriously considering it myself because I am going through exactly the same thing you have just described.

I would do this if I didn't have kids. Having kids though, it's not an option.

As for what the OP said, my biggest thing lately is that I have been feeling really resentful of having to work. It's not even that my job is that bad, I'm making better money than I was and have a better job as of the last year. I am in a position to at least attempt to help people at work and I try to do that and at least part of my job should help me with my future plans...but... I have been feeling resent at feeling basically forced to do something for a large portion of my week that I really do not want to do or would not choose to do.
It's not that my job is that bad, it's more the feeling that I am forced to have one (basically because the alternative option is worse). And I know I should be more grateful and I try, but it also does not help that my environment at work is filled with negative people. Makes it harder to stay positive.

It's not that I want to be on a permanent vacation either, it's just that there are other things that I feel are ultimately more important, better for my soul development but hard to find enough time to fit in as much as I would like. So I sort of relate to what the OP said, except I think I could be much happier in this world if I could just be free to do what I want to do with my time and not what I feel forced to do to survive and maintain some level of comfort.
I feel bad even writing this as I try not to add to the negativity but I do feel that what the OP spoke of is relatable.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 17-12-2019, 04:13 PM
mindanalyzer mindanalyzer is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Miami FL USA
Posts: 375
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernworm
Hello all, y'know I wish I perused this website more often.

Anyways, does anyone else ever feel really sick and tired of living in this world? Or feel drained of being constantly bombarded with negative energy, with the needs of the body, and the difficulty in maintaining relationships and existing in a social world full of judgement, hate and suffering?
I'm usually quite a happy and optimistic person. But lately I've felt so irritable and am sometimes literally sick to my stomach when I think of how psychologically difficult it is to be alive in this world. I have a great life, but sometimes I am so discouraged with how hard it is to overcome the daily stresses and fluctuations in emotion, to feel God even in moments of anger. It is also so hard to not perpetuate evil, when I am in a low mood then sometimes I can be a huge ***** and although I try hard to be at peace with the universe and be a Light, I end up spreading negativity and hate, even if only in a small way. I feel so guilty over this and wonder if I really am evolving spiritually through the work I'm doing.

I am so tired of being negatively influenced and accidentally being a negative influence. Sometimes I want to move on from this life in the human world and become a non-sentient plant.

I’ve felt really bad lately, like there is no purpose for me to be in this world.
Really bad feelings and much sadness
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 17-12-2019, 04:29 PM
davidsun davidsun is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Arizona, U.S.A
Posts: 2,544
  davidsun's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
I've said before, all kindergartens, all schools, all universities should every morning partake in an accolade pointing out the amazing fact of us and everything being here.

All other subjects should take second place.
.........
__________________
David
http://davidsundom.weebly.com/
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 17-12-2019, 06:47 PM
mindanalyzer mindanalyzer is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Miami FL USA
Posts: 375
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
You could always join an ashram or a monastery and become a total renunciant.


This is something that I have thought, especially a monastery, but I am not sure that I have it in me.

But just in case, Do you have any recommendation for ashrams or a monasteries (US or elsewhere), in case I make a decision to take this route in a few years
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 17-12-2019, 08:22 PM
Shivani Devi Shivani Devi is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 10,354
  Shivani Devi's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindanalyzer
This is something that I have thought, especially a monastery, but I am not sure that I have it in me.

But just in case, Do you have any recommendation for ashrams or a monasteries (US or elsewhere), in case I make a decision to take this route in a few years
Unfortunately I do not. Not only have I not researched any, but I cannot recommend anything so individually personal to another.

If it were me, I would look into hippy communes in a place called Nimbin NSW there are a few...or I would go to India.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 17-12-2019, 09:01 PM
Shivani Devi Shivani Devi is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 10,354
  Shivani Devi's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jro5139
I would do this if I didn't have kids. Having kids though, it's not an option.

As for what the OP said, my biggest thing lately is that I have been feeling really resentful of having to work. It's not even that my job is that bad, I'm making better money than I was and have a better job as of the last year. I am in a position to at least attempt to help people at work and I try to do that and at least part of my job should help me with my future plans...but... I have been feeling resent at feeling basically forced to do something for a large portion of my week that I really do not want to do or would not choose to do.
It's not that my job is that bad, it's more the feeling that I am forced to have one (basically because the alternative option is worse). And I know I should be more grateful and I try, but it also does not help that my environment at work is filled with negative people. Makes it harder to stay positive.

It's not that I want to be on a permanent vacation either, it's just that there are other things that I feel are ultimately more important, better for my soul development but hard to find enough time to fit in as much as I would like. So I sort of relate to what the OP said, except I think I could be much happier in this world if I could just be free to do what I want to do with my time and not what I feel forced to do to survive and maintain some level of comfort.
I feel bad even writing this as I try not to add to the negativity but I do feel that what the OP spoke of is relatable.
I do understand.

I respect those who have chosen that responsibility because I personally am unable to sacrifice my own health, emotional needs and happiness for the sake of another...it is why I prefer to be alone.

Therefore, I really have no answer for those who have mouths to feed, stuck in a dead end job they hate...I honestly don't know how such people can live with themselves...but they manage somehow...they HAVE to because they have absolutely NO choice!

I would hate to be in a position where I did not have any choice or say about my life and die a little inside every day. I would end up killing myself.

Good luck to those with mouths to feed who are paying off a mortgage...that kind of lifestyle isn't for me and I cannot really relate to anybody in that situation because I am not in it myself...my brother tells me that ALL the time.

All I know is that there are certain problems in life which HAVE no solutions and no way out of the misery...all one can do is rant and rave about it.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 17-12-2019, 09:20 PM
UniverseWonder UniverseWonder is offline
Newbie ;)
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 11
 
Hi Buddy, I agree with what you are saying but the truth is that a lot of people are materialistic and will never ever come out of it.

But this is where your win, you see the thing is and what you don't realise is that people that are very materialistic usually have no friends and family that want to be with them.

They will end up with nothing, I have seen it millions of times, they all end up crying in despair and desperation.

Take care of yourself and your loved ones and appreciate what you have and your be a million times happier than this so cold people.

Happy Holidays.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 18-12-2019, 05:01 AM
jro5139 jro5139 is offline
Ascender
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 883
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
I do understand.

I respect those who have chosen that responsibility because I personally am unable to sacrifice my own health, emotional needs and happiness for the sake of another...it is why I prefer to be alone.

Therefore, I really have no answer for those who have mouths to feed, stuck in a dead end job they hate...I honestly don't know how such people can live with themselves...but they manage somehow...they HAVE to because they have absolutely NO choice!

I would hate to be in a position where I did not have any choice or say about my life and die a little inside every day. I would end up killing myself.

Good luck to those with mouths to feed who are paying off a mortgage...that kind of lifestyle isn't for me and I cannot really relate to anybody in that situation because I am not in it myself...my brother tells me that ALL the time.

All I know is that there are certain problems in life which HAVE no solutions and no way out of the misery...all one can do is rant and rave about it.

Kids are not even the reason. Even if I did not have children, I would still have to work or the alternative would be to either a) be homeless or b) move back in with my mother. Both options are worse to me than working. That was more what I was saying.
I don't hate my job at all and it's not a dead end. What I resent is feeling like I am forced to do it (or anything else for that matter) because the options are so limited. Makes me lean more towards feeling like this is a slave-system sometimes. That's all I was saying.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-01-2020, 04:41 PM
janielee janielee is offline
Master
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 2,740
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivatar
The fact that you want to be a light, and the fact that you are trying to be a light, and the fact that you feel bad in not living up to the light, these are all signs to me that you are full of light. To me, you are a being of great light, even if it doesn't feel like that to you right now.

I would feel so bad if I knew that your light went out in the world. I would know that the good in the world, the good that you saw, was even harder to achieve without your help.

To answer your question, yes I have felt the same way. I was lost at many times, feeling just as you do now, and many times losing hope just as you do now.

So many times I acted out as a fool. I did not believe in the light because I fell to such darkness. I thought how could light be real when I am in such darkness. How could the light ever allow such a thing as my existence to be real? I thought because I experienced it, and it was such darkness, that the light could not possibly allow it to be, and thus it all must be fake.

Now I realize that the hell I thought I faced, that is what people face everyday.

The hells that you now face, that is what so many other people face day to day. Now you understand millions of other people, perhaps even billions.

When you look at your own issues, if it means that you help understand millions or even billions of other people, how does it make you feel?

if your own problems connect you to all humanity, are they still problems?

Thanks.....
__________________
My signature: ”What ever Jyotir said”

Many of the greatest traditions advocate destroying the last thing which stands between their concept of who they believe themselves to be and the potential of who they could become....love.

Not knowing is most intimate
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums