Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 26-10-2014, 04:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroma
I strongly urge you to take back your statement. Bernard's interpretation of QM is the most reasonable interpretation and all other objective interpretations of QM leads us to irreconcilable paradoxes. If you are not taking his statements seriously then you are going against facts established from experiments.

I don't go against facts derived by experiment, but the interpretations assumed based on the facts aren't the facts themselves.
Old 28-10-2014, 03:06 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroma
Yes this reality including our bodies, brain and everything that you are watching is a state of mind means it doesn't exist independent of us. It appears as real because we are in an inter-subjective agreement.
I think physical reality does exist independately and it's the spiritual reality that doesn't. All this is of the mind. Just because science uncovers something wonderful and new does not make it god and does not prove anything spiritual.
Old 28-10-2014, 03:07 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I don't go against facts derived by experiment, but the interpretations assumed based on the facts aren't the facts themselves.
I'm inclined to agree with you, Gem. Assumptions don't belong in science.
Old 28-10-2014, 03:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maguru
I'm inclined to agree with you, Gem. Assumptions don't belong in science.

There is a philosophical component of science weather we like or not, and I think it needs to be there, but it's important to keep things clear, otherwise we succumb to delusions like science has proven what Bernard D'Espagnat suggests. I have heard a few physicists make similar interpretations, and there's a bunch of Eastern-come-new age literature on it, and philosophers throughout history have been alluding it, so it's not a bad philosophy, but it's nothing new. D'Espagnat just puts an old story in a new context... Hollywood's been doing that for years.
Old 28-10-2014, 06:50 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
There is a philosophical component of science weather we like or not, and I think it needs to be there, but it's important to keep things clear, otherwise we succumb to delusions like science has proven what Bernard D'Espagnat suggests. I have heard a few physicists make similar interpretations, and there's a bunch of Eastern-come-new age literature on it, and philosophers throughout history have been alluding it, so it's not a bad philosophy, but it's nothing new. D'Espagnat just puts an old story in a new context... Hollywood's been doing that for years.

Its Neoplatonism for the New Age.
Old 28-10-2014, 12:05 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maguru
I think physical reality does exist independately and it's the spiritual reality that doesn't. All this is of the mind. Just because science uncovers something wonderful and new does not make it god and does not prove anything spiritual.

You've got it wrong. God is reality and nothing exists apart from him. We all are inside God. Its time to start taking dualistic theories of mind and body more seriously.