Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 30-10-2013, 08:31 PM
Experiencer
The concept of "karma"?

So I have always been a strong believer in karma & what ever you put into the Universe you receive back 3x..but one thing I often question is why do bad things happen to good people?Say someone donates all of their love or money to the poor and then they get struck by lightning the next day? An extreme example I know, but it's not impossible...but what I do KNOW is happening right this second is people on drugs that abuse the system are able to pop out 10 kids at a time & don't even take care of them when an honest, loving woman is ready to start a family & finds out she can't have kids??? I know and understand that everyone has a specific purpose in life & that things happen for a reason-we all can't have what we want, but some of these scenarios completely blow my mind "Really, God??!" Whywhywhy
Old 30-10-2013, 09:02 PM
Guide
I totally agree! i often wonder why good people seem to get all the **** and then there is folk that are just nasty and they seem to have everything thats going, i done mean material stuff. I have always said this as well about people having kids, there is some desperate for children and would probably be great parents and they cant have them, then there are people that abuse and worse to their own children, it makes me sick! Someone posted a video about a nanny it didnt say what it was about so i put it on i watched 2 secs and burst into tears, the nanny was slapping the child he was only 5 or 6 month, its making me angry now just thinking about it.

Heres an example of mine me and my sis are like chalk and cheese, im introverted, empathic and sensitve, i have never hurt or done wrong to anyone. My sis is insenstive, lacks empathy and has done some down right distgusting stuff to folk and her life is hunky dorey, i have had nothing but hell for years. When i found out i was pregnant i stopped smoking straight away, i ate healthy and looked after myself i couldnt put anything in my body that was not healthy for my baby. My sister didnt stop smoking she even drank, she drank that much one night she was sick then had more then sick again, i told her off about it. When my son was 1 and a half i found out he had an illness that affects his kidneys he is 12 now but still has it. My nephew thankfully was born healthy. Im not saying he should not of been, i love kids, would never see anyone do anything to harm any but its just an example of this. It just hurts that you go about ur life doing your best doing whats right never saying no putting everyone and their dog before yourself, and not doing it to be rewarded but just cos that is how we are because we care for others, and its us that get all the ****.
Old 30-10-2013, 09:35 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by samantha
I totally agree! i often wonder why good people seem to get all the **** and then there is folk that are just nasty and they seem to have everything thats going, i done mean material stuff. I have always said this as well about people having kids, there is some desperate for children and would probably be great parents and they cant have them, then there are people that abuse and worse to their own children, it makes me sick! Someone posted a video about a nanny it didnt say what it was about so i put it on i watched 2 secs and burst into tears, the nanny was slapping the child he was only 5 or 6 month, its making me angry now just thinking about it.

Heres an example of mine me and my sis are like chalk and cheese, im introverted, empathic and sensitve, i have never hurt or done wrong to anyone. My sis is insenstive, lacks empathy and has done some down right distgusting stuff to folk and her life is hunky dorey, i have had nothing but hell for years. When i found out i was pregnant i stopped smoking straight away, i ate healthy and looked after myself i couldnt put anything in my body that was not healthy for my baby. My sister didnt stop smoking she even drank, she drank that much one night she was sick then had more then sick again, i told her off about it. When my son was 1 and a half i found out he had an illness that affects his kidneys he is 12 now but still has it. My nephew thankfully was born healthy. Im not saying he should not of been, i love kids, would never see anyone do anything to harm any but its just an example of this. It just hurts that you go about ur life doing your best doing whats right never saying no putting everyone and their dog before yourself, and not doing it to be rewarded but just cos that is how we are because we care for others, and its us that get all the ****.

I think I saw that same youtube video. It was viral on Facebook for a while. It hurts to think about the horrible things people do in the world.
I'm sorry that your son has to suffer like that. I'm glad he's ok, but it sucks to have to live with something like that..but that's how we find our strength to become who we are. Life's a learning experience, just the way some of that happens to begin with makes me wonder..I know what you mean though. Prayers that one day us good people will no longer suffer from bad luck. You always gotta think that things could be much worst.

Maybe when bad things happen to good people God is really trying to tell us that we have more to learn from it to progress our souls? Like take experience from the negative reactions & apply it to our wisdom, kind of like a test, if we push through the negative reaction, it can raise our vibration, if we stay complacent, we lower our vibration & put ourselves at the same level as the bad people we are talking about..make sense? Just a theory.
Old 30-10-2013, 10:16 PM
Super Moderator
The only answer is we signed up for it for this lifetime. I too do good things. I gave away baby clothes and accessories I only asked that they go to those in need. I try to be the best I can be. Lessons vary some are hard(cancer was for me. Not so much for me but to have to watch others react to it and whatnot)
Karma effects us all I do this and this person that person some over here etc, How many are effected by it? Many. from all over the world.
Old 31-10-2013, 12:38 AM
Master

Mystery that is saMsAra
Old 31-10-2013, 02:45 PM
Master

We all create our reality , consciously , unconsciously , for good and for bad . If some thing bad happnes, on some level we created it . As for the mom with 10 kids that does not want to take care of them , I would hope that a mom that does want them gets to take care of them .
Old 31-10-2013, 03:14 PM
Master
Dear alexa summer , I will not comment on any Buddhism terminology but perhaps you are trying to understand Buddhism from knowledge . Perhaps you had read about these terms and had created a faith / beliefs of that knowledge ......well if that so perhaps that is your suffering . In my current understanding , Buddhism is not something that we know or something that we wish to know or even something that we will know .....Buddhism is realization of ownselves , own existence , the cause of own existence perhaps even the end of existence .........In my current understanding of Buddhism , there is no such thing as what you do , you will get ...do bad get bad or do good get good .
in my current understanding of Buddhism there is NO good verses bad , no true verses false and no right verses wrong ...i am ready to discuss with you if you interested in sharing it .

Buddhism is a natural process that you will discover / realize / aware your own emotions towards emptiness back into nothingness so in Buddhism perhaps you should learn to discover your emotions / your desire not what you will get from it .......
I hope to share with you more if you interested .
Thks
CSEe
Old 31-10-2013, 03:46 PM
Master

Karma is a belief that causes people to want to be better, just like the belief in heaven and hell. Things that are understood by faith are going to have contradictions that don't make sense, but that's why they're called 'faiths' and not facts. Presumably when a spiritual/religious person keeps the faith, they are rewarded in this life or the next, or both.
Old 31-10-2013, 05:06 PM
Knower
I believe that good people are usually strong people. If they sacrifice(donate), then they are going through the journey of pain to become better. It is only common sense here. After the journey, the reward is beautiful.
Sometimes, bad people used to be good who went through pain after sacrificing. However, they were not strong enough to withstand it, so they fell into lower levels. I talk from experience, I'm sure many can relate. Good people CANNOT live their lives easily if they strive for greatness. The path for peace is war within the Self.

.-=-.__
<(_)>--
......|'.__.*

The Tickling Ant
(3rd eye)

Visions, Dreams and Revelations
(Gnosis)

"Man, know thyself"
Old 01-11-2013, 06:48 PM
Master
When I was about 15 or so we had a class at school on resuscitation and the teacher, who was my gymnastics teacher, chose me as the dumbie to perform on. After doing all the breathing and massaging stuff he then said 'and if all else fails' then smashed me really hard on my heart. This man I respected and adored and in front of all my peers he whacked me really hard on the heart and I couldn't help but let a few drops of sadness fall from my eyes.

He then took me aside afterwards and said quietly that he was sorry about the hit but I was the only one strong enough to take it.

The strength we bring into the world often requires we take hits so that others can be shown the right way.