Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 30-04-2018, 11:03 PM
traceyacey12

eating only chips during ascension?

Hi, I don't have the appetite to eat anything other than chips during what I believe is my ascension. Anyone else also experience this? Its weird - just chips, no sweets. What's going on?
Old 01-05-2018, 01:33 AM
Master

Maybe your body craves salt.
Old 01-05-2018, 02:03 AM
traceyacey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
Maybe your body craves salt.

But there are so many ways to get salt... why am I having an aversion to eating more wholesome meals. I can add salt to my potatoes or rice, no? but I don't want to eat those things. They taste bad to me.
Old 01-05-2018, 04:23 AM
Ascender
Okay so, we have lack of appetite, a craving for chips and a dislike for rice and potatoes.

There could be many reasons for that. Your body could be lacking in something that the chips give you, maybe your appetite has changed for some reason. I know I go through periods where I don't have much of a appetite. There are female issues that could be at play, as well. Please, make sure you don't dehydrate.
Old 01-05-2018, 04:23 AM
Master

As weird as might seem, chips are so addictive because of the crunchy sound they make as we chew them, according to a recent Oxford University study. While this addictive cue is subconscious, sound plays a big role in our overall enjoyment of everything we eat.

The same goes for healthy foods, too. When biting into a crisp apple or a carrot, we associate the subsequent loud noise to its freshness, which makes it all the more appetizing.

While it likely won’t do much damage to your waistline if you can’t put down the bag of baby carrots, the same won’t hold true for chips—sorry!
Old 01-05-2018, 07:41 AM
Master
I prefer salt over sweets but that's due to my asthma as too much sugar aggravates it. I can't tell from your post if you ruled out all physical reasons for your lack of appetite and salt craving.

If you're truly craving salt then maybe you want to try this. Take a teaspoon of salt and carefully dab the tip of your tongue on the salt. If it tastes salty, keep going until it begins to taste bitter. When the flavour changes, you had enough salt. Drink a lot of water as a salt craving like that means dehydration. We usually lose a litre of water every night and maybe more if you wake up in a sweat. The first thing I do in the morning is drink a large glass of water.

Chips also have MSG which is addictive along with the crunch that inavalan mentioned.

I'm not sure about your lack of appetite. That happens for physical reasons like not exercising and perhaps a Vit B6 deficiency. You might want to check with your doctor about your health concern.

"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee."
Job 12: 7 and 8 (KJV)
Old 01-05-2018, 08:41 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
As weird as might seem, chips are so addictive because of the crunchy sound they make as we chew them, according to a recent Oxford University study. While this addictive cue is subconscious, sound plays a big role in our overall enjoyment of everything we eat.

The same goes for healthy foods, too. When biting into a crisp apple or a carrot, we associate the subsequent loud noise to its freshness, which makes it all the more appetizing.

While it likely won’t do much damage to your waistline if you can’t put down the bag of baby carrots, the same won’t hold true for chips—sorry!

That is a really cool study done by Oxford. I had no idea, but that's fascinating.
Old 01-05-2018, 10:19 PM
Guide
I did laugh to myself when I realied you were talking about these:

walkers.jpg

Rather than these:

chips-378882.jpg

I'm a typical Brit

I am not an individual having a universal experience, but the universe having an individual experience. Where consciousness is the universe experiencing itself through each of us.

Destiny is not the path given to us - but the path we choose for ourselves.

Current resources:
Tom Campbell: Ultimate Reality www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhv-XCff4_I

Currently reading:
Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are: Alan Watts
A Brief History of Time: Stephen Hawking
Old 01-05-2018, 10:30 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_Rider_1970

Attachment 2652

Rather than these:

Attachment 2653

I'm a typical Brit

LOL That is awesome! I tell you, if I ever visit Britain that is the first thing I'd have to try along with some tea. I'm not a drinker, but I'd have to try something from a pub too hahah!
Old 01-05-2018, 10:39 PM
traceyacey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_Rider_1970

Attachment 2652

Rather than these:

Attachment 2653

I'm a typical Brit

lol, sorry for the confusion