Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 29-05-2016, 11:17 AM
Suspended
Buddhism is the most moderate religion but you explain it to be the most horrible religion. They practice benevolent and esteem their GURU nothing in their teaching can kill GURU.

Even that GURU agree to be killed so what about other GURUs. Or is it regional at an terminated influence temple. So any people who see this type of statement just close their eyes blind for awhile then pass.
Old 29-05-2016, 12:50 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Bong
Serrao, sorry to lend and add something behind your statement,

The Guru brings you to the door, HE TELLS YOU AFTER YOU GOES INSIDE THE DOOR THERE ARE DIFFERENT ROUTE TO PURSUE.

SO you have to step through the door "alone" but HE FOLLOWS YOU INTO AND GUIDES YOU ALL THE WAY YOU GO AND FIND THE TRUTH OF LIGHT.

And then say goodbye to the Guru BUT THE GURU RETURN TO SHOW YOU MORE THAT HE JUST DISCOVERED AND AT THE END YOU NEVER WANT HIM TO LEAVE BECAUSE HE CAN THINK MUCH BETTER AND PRECISELY. THIS TECHNIQUES HE FORGETS TO TEACH.

AT THE END THE REAL TIME TO SAY GOODBYE, AFTER HE LEAVES FOR SOMETIMES HE RETURN TO YOU. THE GURU SAYS NOW YOU ARE BETTER THAN ME, YOU ARE MY GURU NOW AND THEY STILL BE TOGETHER.

AFTER SOMETIME THE GURU LEAVES YOU.SO THE STORY SEEM TO AN END NOW . BUT NOW THE GURU IS MUCH BETTER THAN YOU,HE BECOMES YOUR GURU AGAIN......

SO IT BECOMES NEVER ENDING STORY FOR TWO HAPPY GURU AND FOLLOWER.
Hi Jeremy Bong,

I believe there is a point in life one starts to teach oneself.

And if you still keep contact with the former guru, the guru becomes just one of your friends.
Old 29-05-2016, 01:00 PM
Master
My teaching is like the raft that carries you to the other shore. The raft is needed, but the raft is not the other shore. An intelligent person would not carry the raft on his head once he reaches the other shore. Use my teaching to help you get to the other shore but do not hang onto it as your property. You must be able to let it go.

The Buddha.
Old 29-05-2016, 02:32 PM
Suspended
VYes Serrao,

When one to teach oneself is because he can't follow his GURU way of teaching or feeling GURU teaching is too slow to achieve the goal. That is quite common in all learning process of any kind. Nothing can be succeed in a hurry.Buddha and Jesus are with me for nearly forty years. Yes, as you said like friends or a family.

In the universe all Buddha's followers who later became Buddha are gathering together at one place in the universe light. What the heck "kill GURU" concept can stand with Buddhism.

Buddha's GURU arrived here by sitting on a cubic big heavy stone who/which can easy pass through my energy shield and hitting hard on my bed I can feel the shaking impact. They are staying together with some of my cupid sons. They take close supervision on me and that is important. Just in case something may hurt me by the elite gods from the universe.

Few days ago an elite god using a moon-size spiritual planet hitting on me and my cupid son when we flying up approaching him. So I stop that planet moving momentum and pushing it away and captured him in my energy sphere.

Buddha and his GURU always help me to have a clear mind to cop with these elite enemies who is always quite dangerous.

Last edited by Jeremy Bong : 29-05-2016 at 04:02 PM.
Old 30-05-2016, 12:06 AM
Master
It's like a saying that went viral, not that it's particularly meaningful, nor do we know the context within which it was said, so it's an item for speculation and nothing more. If I had said it on a Guru thread, for example, people would frame it as a sardonic comment, and not as a wise mastery, but because some bloke in robes said it, everyone just assumed it has a deep hidden meaning. If you kill the supposed guru who said it, the saying loses its substance, and we only attribute meaning to it because of the authority of the speaker.
Old 30-05-2016, 02:54 AM
Master
The road is generally taken to mean the path to Enlightenment; that might be through meditation, study, prayer, or just some aspect of your way of life. Your life is your road.

But how do you meet the Buddha on this “road?” Imagine meeting some symbolic Buddha. Would he be a great teacher that you might actually meet and follow in the real world? Could that Buddha be you yourself, having reached Enlightenment? Or maybe you have some idealized image of perfection that equates to your concept of the Buddha or Enlightenment.

Whatever your conception is of the Buddha, it’s WRONG! Now kill that image and keep practicing. This all has to do with the idea that reality is an impermanent illusion. If you believe that you have a correct image of what it means to be Enlightened, then you need to throw out (kill) that image and keep meditating.

As you can see it is not about not needing a guru. That is pretty stupid to think so coming from a guy who is in a guru based tradition.

That is called projecting FYI...
Old 30-05-2016, 02:58 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
My teaching is like the raft that carries you to the other shore. The raft is needed, but the raft is not the other shore. An intelligent person would not carry the raft on his head once he reaches the other shore. Use my teaching to help you get to the other shore but do not hang onto it as your property. You must be able to let it go.

The Buddha.

That has to do with attachment to things. I would also question your belief that you think you have made to the other shore and believe you are ready to discard the teaching.
Old 30-05-2016, 03:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123

The Buddha.

As sky123 posted here, the concept can be traced back to the Buddha's own thoughts on the matter. Literally let go of the Buddha's teaching, and the Buddha himself, in any and all forms that he might take, including your guru, once you have taken what you needed from those teachings.

This is challenging for me in having to let go of the teacher I was brought up on, Jesus. To be able to say Jesus isn't necessary, only my relationship with God. Which means cutting through Christianity as a religion, even though it might have had some good teachings on the way, some good ideals.

Letting go of all limiting beliefs. Absolutely all of them. Otherwise beliefs remain as traps. All beliefs about guru's, and religions, and self, all attachments. This isn't stupidity, this is wisdom.

I think it is interesting Jonesboy, that you can see you need to let go of everything else, but when it comes to letting go of your guru you draw the line. Again referring to sky's quote from Buddha, you need to let go of your guru only when you have taken all that you need from your guru to cross to the other shore, not before. But there is a time that for further growth, we all need to let go of everything, even the guru.
Old 30-05-2016, 03:42 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Bong
VYes Serrao,

When one to teach oneself is because he can't follow his GURU way of teaching or feeling GURU teaching is too slow to achieve the goal. That is quite common in all learning process of any kind. Nothing can be succeed in a hurry.Buddha and Jesus are with me for nearly forty years. Yes, as you said like friends or a family.

In the universe all Buddha's followers who later became Buddha are gathering together at one place in the universe light. What the heck "kill GURU" concept can stand with Buddhism.

Buddha's GURU arrived here by sitting on a cubic big heavy stone who/which can easy pass through my energy shield and hitting hard on my bed I can feel the shaking impact. They are staying together with some of my cupid sons. They take close supervision on me and that is important. Just in case something may hurt me by the elite gods from the universe.

Few days ago an elite god using a moon-size spiritual planet hitting on me and my cupid son when we flying up approaching him. So I stop that planet moving momentum and pushing it away and captured him in my energy sphere.

Buddha and his GURU always help me to have a clear mind to cop with these elite enemies who is always quite dangerous.
Sounds like you have highly regarded company.

Do you have siddhis yourself?
Old 30-05-2016, 03:45 AM
Suspended
Master

Yea it's a bit like having a recipe for an amazing apple pie or some master chef who shows you how to make it. After you have made a bunch of pies and memorized the recipe, you really don't need the recipe or the master chef around anymore. You know what to do, it's up to you if you do it or not. They can't do it for you. You get better doing it yourself and paying attention to what you are doing and what your results are.

Or you can say it's like going to a classroom and taking a class in tennis. You study a book, the teacher explains the game and all the rules, demonstrates how you hold the racket etc. Shows you videos of tennis. At some point you have had enough of this learning and are ready to actually do it...to go play tennis.

Also of note, is you can learn to make a apple pie or to play tennis through trial and error... a teacher is not even necessary.

Zen is you being aware of what exists within you right now. Seeing the actual not the imagined. So yea like others have posted, it's about not focusing on concepts, or thoughts. The human brain is fully capable of making a concept of being without thoughts you can focus on instead of the actual experience. Thus, you can walk around imagining you are free of thoughts when really you are judging everything as usual.