Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 15-04-2018, 04:00 PM
Knower

Post My Theory About The Afterlife

Like the title says, I have my own theory about what happens when someone dies. It's pretty simple.

After life, is a never ending dream.
Whether you go to "heaven" or "hell" is completely up to the grand perspective you have built during your lifetime.
Like if you go to sleep with troubling thoughts - you're likely to have a nightmare.

My reasoning: Science :) .... you've probably heard of the "spirit molecule" DMT. Well it is said that it's released on only two occurrences in the human brain, when we dream, and when we die. It's the molecule that induces the visuals while we dream. During a dream, time is experienced differently; you can have a short dream within a few hours, or a long dream seeming like days within the same amount of time.
So when we pass, and that last burst of DMT is released into the brain, we enter into a dream from which we never awake, where time does not matter anymore because you can live the entire experience seemingly forever.
Old 15-04-2018, 09:17 PM
Master
Interesting, and we are all entitled to our opinions, theories, etc., but how do you
account for people who have had out-of-body experiences and come back giving
accounts of life beyond the physical; do you think they were just dreaming?

It is not my intention to refute what you have shared, or to convince you otherwise,
it just is my intention to further the discussion/topic which you have initiated. Peace.
Old 16-04-2018, 12:11 AM
Super Moderator
Sometimes I go to bed with worrisome thoughts (yes, I know I shouldn't but there you go)
Fall asleep like a light being switched off. And I have the sweetest dreams....
Old 16-04-2018, 12:24 AM
Master
Ok... But then how can you prove that you are awake now having these thoughts about the afterlife in the first place?
Old 16-04-2018, 03:30 AM
Experiencer

From what I've experienced, it's kinda just the opposite. What I've gathered is this life is not the reality of existence. That place/dimension where our consciousness goes after we "die" is the reality of existence. Actually, we never really "die", we simply "awaken" to reality...until. and if. we reincarnate again.
Old 16-04-2018, 06:48 PM
Guide

I have heard people with this theory, so I can see why they would think that way. It seems while we are here, the other side seems like a dream, but when we are over there...this life seems like a dream.

From my NDE experience, I didn't remember anything from here when I was there....but that was having a foot out the door. My opinion is, this life is the dream...and the other side is the real life, our home amd where our natural state is...but it is what we think it is. Your beliefs do mak your reality....so it very well could be for you what you believe it to be, then again...you will see for yourself one day.
Old 17-04-2018, 04:40 PM
Experiencer

Yeah Colorado, that's what happened to me in my NDE...had no recollection of anything including myself of/in this life, but did see a generic episode of it's failures. In fact, at the very beginning of it, it was as if prior to that I didn't exist at all until that moment the NDE began.

In retrospect between the "here" and "there", to me the "there" is the reality because my perception/state of being were heightened on a level not ever experienced in this life.
Old 18-04-2018, 03:49 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARDAV70
Yeah Colorado, that's what happened to me in my NDE...had no recollection of anything including myself of/in this life, but did see a generic episode of it's failures. In fact, at the very beginning of it, it was as if prior to that I didn't exist at all until that moment the NDE began.

In retrospect between the "here" and "there", to me the "there" is the reality because my perception/state of being were heightened on a level not ever experienced in this life.

I didn't get to stay that long, I assume your NDE was longer than mine, Mard. I stayed long enough to see the grey mist, a deceased relative, and the white light. I have read others NDEs, and it seems like the longer you stay, the more you remember about this life. I didn't remember a thing, and I relate to what you said...for all I knew I didnt exist before that moment. It felt like a clean slate, starting over, born again, ect....like waking up from a dream and not knowing where you are, or who you are....but I didn't stay long enough to go further to see how it would unfold.
Old 18-04-2018, 06:54 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado
I didn't get to stay that long, I assume your NDE was longer than mine, Mard. I stayed long enough to see the grey mist, a deceased relative, and the white light. I have read others NDEs, and it seems like the longer you stay, the more you remember about this life. I didn't remember a thing, and I relate to what you said...for all I knew I didnt exist before that moment. It felt like a clean slate, starting over, born again, ect....like waking up from a dream and not knowing where you are, or who you are....but I didn't stay long enough to go further to see how it would unfold.

For me it seemed less than a minute...maybe even less than thirty seconds. But then, maybe it lasted longer (I was flat lined for several minutes) but that's all I remember...for whatever reason, if there even is one. I saw no light/tunnel. Saw no passed on relatives or friends, deities, or life forms other than plants/trees (which I felt love and welcome from).
The whole thing was like a major, major epiphany, in an instant waking up to knowledge and understanding.

From what I've gleaned from NDE is that there's a "threshold" that some cross, some don't. I saw that threshold, wanted to go over it but couldn't because precisely then my physical body was being brought back to life.

(Lol...when my consciousness returned to my body, I saw that EMT feverishly working on me and I thought to myself "dog gone it...why'd you have to bring me back to this life?").
Old 19-04-2018, 11:37 PM
Guide

It sounds like you had a good NDE. I was more confused I think, and needed extra help...I wasn't at peace, I could feel the energy was a new start, and it was okay where I was...but my experience was more along the line of my emotional/ mental state at that time in my life....which NDEs often reflect....the grey foggy place, and they did come to help me. I was not scared, just confused, yet okay enough....but really confused. If I had stayed, I could feel that things would have become clear for me....but it wasn't my time, this confusion needed my attention.

It sounds like you were at peace more than anything, maybe in your life....you were at peace emotionally and mentally at the time, maybe that's why you didn't see anyone there . That would be my guess, it's just where you were spiritually, and maybe more stronger or direct, and had some grounding in your life. Maybe they didn't need to hustle to your aide, and you were just enjoying the scenery