Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 25-05-2014, 08:50 PM
Experiencer

The Great God Pan

One afternoon, about 16 years ago, I was standing in my kitchen, making macaroni and cheese for my daughter. It sounds mundane, I know. My back garden was one that I tried to make as natural as possible, with plants adapted to my arid climate. There was a steep slope, planted with trees, bay laurels among them. I had herbs, and the makings of a "moon garden", as I favored white and silver plants. There was a kitchen window from which I could look out, and survey my personal paradise. It was what I would call a "golden afternoon". There was a special quality to the light, and shadows. Leaves trembled in the breeze, and light danced. I had just poured a cup of milk to add to the cheese sauce, but was really lost in a reverie. Suddenly, I saw a pair of tiny hooves, attached to delicate goat-looking legs. They were lovely, in every way. I blinked my eyes, wondering if I was really seeing what I thought I was seeing. I saw a peek of the torso, and He was gone. I believe it was Pan, appearing in a form that wouldn't frighten me. My yard was fenced, and there were no farm animals in the area, but this wasn't bestial, it was magical. The curious thing about this story is that the cup of milk vanished. My daughter and I searched, but neither the cup, or the milk ever reappeared. Ever after, I have been blessed with some ability to grow plants - I have put sticks in the ground to support plants, and had them blossom. Flowers grow for me on plants where they are not often found. It was a blessing, and I will be forever grateful.
Old 26-05-2014, 04:53 AM
Master

RosieCotton,
What a wonderful experience for you, and thank you for sharing it with us.
Old 26-05-2014, 07:59 AM
Master
Song for you, Rosie

http://youtu.be/OScn1ThpMBI
Old 26-05-2014, 09:22 AM
LeoJeo

Could have simply been an elemental that wanted to show you itself for your appreciation of nature :) Then again Pan is an elemental so you're probably right!
Old 26-05-2014, 02:49 PM
Experiencer

In my heart, I think it was Pan. I am just grateful for the experience.There is an aspect of this that I find interesting. In recent years, I am in more direct communication with my Spirit Guides. One night, they repeated "Caesarea Phillipi", over and over while I slept, even spelling the word, and specifying that there was a hill. Well, I knew nothing of Caesarea Phillipi. When I got up, I googled the location. There were two Caesareas - one a Roman harbor. Mine had a hill that is believed to have been the location where Jesus preached the Sermon on the Mount. It was known in ancient times for having a shrine to Pan. A friend works with a well-known psychic. She said I served Pan at his shrine, and when Constantine converted to Christianity, I was given the choice of conversion, or death. I chose death. I have no way to verify the truth of that, but it makes sense, as she knew nothing about my experience with Guidance. The "Old Gods" remember, and find their own.
Old 26-05-2014, 02:57 PM
Experiencer

Norseman, I love the song. I looked quite a bit like the women in the beginning of the video when I was younger. The song took my breath away. I didn't think anyone remembered His essence anymore. Thank you!
Old 26-05-2014, 03:48 PM
LadyTerra

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieCotton
In my heart, I think it was Pan. I am just grateful for the experience.There is an aspect of this that I find interesting. In recent years, I am in more direct communication with my Spirit Guides. One night, they repeated "Caesarea Phillipi", over and over while I slept, even spelling the word, and specifying that there was a hill. Well, I knew nothing of Caesarea Phillipi. When I got up, I googled the location. There were two Caesareas - one a Roman harbor. Mine had a hill that is believed to have been the location where Jesus preached the Sermon on the Mount. It was known in ancient times for having a shrine to Pan. A friend works with a well-known psychic. She said I served Pan at his shrine, and when Constantine converted to Christianity, I was given the choice of conversion, or death. I chose death. I have no way to verify the truth of that, but it makes sense, as she knew nothing about my experience with Guidance. The "Old Gods" remember, and find their own.

It is a common Practice for Pagan Gardeners to leave a Faerie Offering in their Magical Gardens on the Vernal Equinox. The annual Offering usually consists of a bright, shiny, Crystal (or Silver Coin) left on the Ground--near a Tree--then a generous portion of Milk--which is poured-out onto the Ground--beside it.

IMHO--The God Pan was merely reminding you of who you are and who you have (always) been.
Old 26-05-2014, 11:15 PM
Experiencer

I think so, LadyTerra. I thought it was strange that the milk disappeared, and no coincidence. I will start leaving that offering.
Old 27-05-2014, 07:34 AM
Master
LadyT, in my "special" wildplace, I eat a pinch of soil and drink from the river - that's my "communion" with the spirits of the place.
Old 27-05-2014, 07:39 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieCotton
Norseman, I love the song. I looked quite a bit like the women in the beginning of the video when I was younger. The song took my breath away. I didn't think anyone remembered His essence anymore. Thank you!

Rosie, if you liked that - here is the anthem to go with it. [click on the words to follow]

http://youtu.be/9Q-HrTQ21hc