Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 12-10-2023, 12:23 PM
Master
Funeral plan?

My mums dog died yesterday, natural causes…

And since being in the hostel three people have died.. some young..

My Nan has ear cancer but she is not telling us what’s going on..

And it turned out she has a cremation funeral package..

I was talking to some my friends an lo behold they have the same package, I on the other hand don’t fancy cremation- opting for a direct burial….

Although you could never pay for the grave site and new burial dig separately when it happens-

I been thinking more of the cremation and its like taking a cold shower—-

Maybe when I get around to paying for it in couple years as I’m getting older… I will change my mind…

It’s awful to think of these things but paying for your own funeral means you kinda get what you want and loved ones don’t have to foot the bill and worry.
These things can be a couple of grand$$$

Do you have funeral plan? Cremation or burial???

Arabic first language (English)—- bear with me and please be patient)
Old 12-10-2023, 01:31 PM
Administrator
I have life insurance policies which will pay for my funeral a lot of people are going for this Cremation where you pay for it no family attends then they just get the ashes back,
Each to their own but it is not for me

Namaste
Old 12-10-2023, 02:32 PM
In a way, the place that takes cadavers for University study..will pick up the body whether home, at the morgue
or at the hospital within an hour of the call.
In about a month the ashes will be sent to whomever.
If the body died of a contagious disease or crumpled in a car accident, so unusable ...then straight to the Cremation place in our city $495 -
includes the pick up.

Geeze, my sister was mixed up so spent $3500 for her husband's Cremation and some silly needless stuff from his $10,000 death ins.
A waste, esp, when his parents were such examples for donating their bodies to science leaving no cost to anyone.

A simple Google and you can find a place in your area...a pre-register might speed things along, since
they'd have your consent and address, after all, already.
But it is not needed.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 12-10-2023, 03:52 PM
Master
Due to my income being up and down,sometimes none existent,I decided to buy Premium Bonds instead,enough to cover the cost of a cremation plus extra.Not sure if they do these bonds or similar in other countries,I won£25 so far ,think the top prize is a million,some people reckon they are hard to cash,but some of the family have enough to cover mine until the money comes through.(not sure if someone with good business sense has use the above idea to hold bonds for people as it is better for some than being tethered to monthly payments)
Old 12-10-2023, 07:38 PM
Administrator
My family use the same undertakers they are A family run firm very professional because money is so tight now they have started to take payments when you are able so it eases the stress. and you are not facing a big bill.
I know a few people have started to do that.
I have Life insurances so that will pay for my funeral and leave money for my kids

Namaste
Old 13-10-2023, 04:03 AM
Master

Yep I agree with NativeS and MissH. I don’t want a funeral or any of the fancy expensive stuff which goes with it either. Complete waste of money and peoples time. I’ve also told my son not to travel 12,000 miles to come here either and to spend that flight money on taking his kids somewhere special instead.

I want my body to go straight to the crematorium from wherever I died. End of story.

Just thought on. Maybe it’s all a bit different when you come to the death of a child. Perhaps you may look at this in a different way because that is very very traumatic. Not sure how I would deal with that.
Old 13-10-2023, 04:52 AM
Master
I don't particularly care what anyone does with the body.
I am sure I made mention, to do what ever is the cheapest and least fuss.
But in the end, it is up to them what to do.
Old 13-10-2023, 07:39 AM
Guide

I'm with you Rah man.nobody cares about me while I'm alive so I'm sure nobody will care about my shell when I'm dead,after all my soul and spirit will have left for pastures new.
Old 13-10-2023, 07:56 AM
Master

My recently deceased father donated his body to medical science but after he died they couldn't take him at the centre in his home city.
Another one further down the country would willingly have taken him but they were full up !! This tells me that perhaps more and more people are choosing to do this instead of a burial or cremation.
So because he couldn't go there his next preference was a cremation with no mourners and they just sent the ashes back to my mother.
It was fine by me but some of his grandkids were a bit upset as in no chance to say goodbye so we are thinking of an appropriate memorial gathering for those that want it.

As for myself maybe a burial at sea.
It's only at the end of the street.
They'd only have to wait for high tide and chuck me over the cliff !!
Old 13-10-2023, 10:57 AM
Master

I like the sound of that, ie burial at sea AngelB.

That will do me!