Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 27-11-2018, 12:24 AM
Newbie ;)

Soulmate or Twin?

Hi, I'm new here! Everything happens for a reason and I believe something guided me here in order to help me try to sort this out with people who are more knowledgeble and experienced than I am about the subject. This took a lot for me to share because normally I keep to myself. So here it goes, about 3 years ago I became drawn to someone I have never met but only know of. He lives very far away from me. The more I found out about him, the more drawn to him I became because we're so much alike. Then I started to notice I guess what you could call coincidences which I'm going to list:

1. He shares the same first name as my brother except they spell it differently. Both our dad's share the same first name which also happens to be his middle name.

2. He and his younger sister have the same birthday which is 2 days after my sister's, one week after my cousin and BIL's birthdays and a week before my niece's BD. Needless to say they are all the same sign.

3. My mom, his mom and his best friend are the same sign and share a birth month. His mom's bday is 2 weeks after my mom's.

4. His other sister's birthday is a week before another one of my cousin's birthday and his brother's birthday is 3 days before that same cousin's bd.

5. One of his closest friend's grew up in the same hometown as me. This town isn't very big at all, so I was kinda surprised about that.

6. We both began our spiritual journey at around the same ages(teens) except I thought catholicism or maybe judaism was my path(I didn't connect with either) and he moved towards buddhism. I didn't find out about buddhism until a few years later and immediately connected with that.

7. We had very similar childhoods and were a lot alike as children/teens and we also share the same morals and values.

8. Both of us share a deep passion for the same humanitarian issue and have devoted our time and money to raise awareness for it.

There's more but I don't feel like those are of any special significance. The ones I listed were more of a "wow" for me. Because twin flames are rare for some reason I didn't consider that it was even a possibility that I may have found mine. But deep down there's a knowing, a feeling that no matter what I just can't shake and that's something I've never really experienced before. There are times where I feel like I ache for him. Opinions?

ETA: If anyone can share your own experiences that would be great as well. Thanks

Last edited by DanCoCo : 27-11-2018 at 03:01 AM.
Old 27-11-2018, 01:35 AM
Suspended
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanCoCo
Hi, I'm new here! Everything happens for a reason and I believe something guided me here in order to help me try to sort this out with people who are more knowledgeble and experienced than I am about the subject. This took a lot for me to share because normally I keep to myself. So here it goes, about 3 years ago I became drawn to someone I have never met but only know of. He lives very far away from me. The more I found out about him, the more drawn to him I became because we're so much alike. Then I started to notice I guess what you could call coincidences which I'm going to list:

1. He shares the same first name as my brother except they spell it differently. Both our dad's share the same first name which also happens to be his middle name.

2. He and his younger sister have the same birthday which is 2 days after my sister's, one week after my cousin and BIL's birthdays and a week before my niece's BD. Needless to say they are all the same sign.

3. My mom, his mom and his best friend are the same sign and share a birth month. His mom's bday is 2 weeks after my mom's.

4. His other sister's birthday is a week before another one of my cousin's birthday and his brother's birthday is 3 days before that same cousin's bd.

5. One of his closest friend's grew up in the same hometown as me. This town isn't very big at all, so I was kinda surprised about that.

6. We both began our spiritual journey at around the same ages(teens) except I thought catholicism or maybe judaism was my path(I didn't connect with either) and he moved towards buddhism. I didn't find out about buddhism until a few years later and immediately connected with that.

7. We had very similar childhoods and were a lot alike as children/teens and we also share the same morals and values.

8. Both of us share a deep passion for the same humanitarian issue and have devoted our time and money to raise awareness for it.

There's more but I don't feel like those are of any special significance. The ones I listed were more of a "wow" for me. Because twin flames are rare for some reason I didn't consider that it was even a possibility that I may have found mine. But deep down there's a knowing, a feeling that no matter what I just can't shake and that's something I've never really experienced before. There are times where I feel like I ache for him. Opinions?

Are u trying to say that there is a meaning to the fact that some or your relatives' birthsdays happen in the same month as his relatives? I could pbobably come up with the same coincedences with any random coworker. Point is, try not to read into things. Also therr is no distinct difference between twin flames and soulmates, as everybody has a different idea of what each term entails.
Old 27-11-2018, 02:40 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by starstar
Are u trying to say that there is a meaning to the fact that some or your relatives' birthsdays happen in the same month as his relatives? I could pbobably come up with the same coincedences with any random coworker. Point is, try not to read into things. Also therr is no distinct difference between twin flames and soulmates, as everybody has a different idea of what each term entails.

I read somewhere else that often there's a peculiar sychronicity with birthdates of one or both of the twins or other important dates. As far as attaching meaning, I'm just trying to make sense of it because that's a set of connections I've never come across with anyone else. But I guess you're right, everyone has a different interpretation when it comes to these things. What seems a bit serendipitous to me might not mean anything at all to someone else. Thanks for your input.
Old 29-11-2018, 01:31 PM
Master
Excuse me for being really blunt here - none of the list pertains to twin flames, I am in agreement with Star. We don't look for signs of a flame. To be honest when you meet your twin and are with them and it is right, it happens out of no where and the signs are very different to the ones that you are citing.

You might be soulmates, and you may be twins, in fact you could be any connection there are loads karmic, companion, etc. However, looking for signs in things that don't really matter is going to possibly set you up for pain.

I would be careful of this, try not to label. Forget the list of signs and just enjoy life and connections on a base level.

Also everyone seems to want this connection, however I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. It is one of the toughest connections going and it really tests you. It's tough and hard and yes there's love, but it's not a given and it's nothing like the 3D connections that this world shows as normal. The connection pushes us to think in different ways.

If you're meant for it, then of course it will come to be, however I would advise that seeking it might be a mistake.

All the luck and I hope I wasn't too harsh - LucK ...
Old 29-11-2018, 03:15 PM
Suspended
Seeker

[quote=Akira]Excuse me for being really blunt here - none of the list pertains to twin flames, I am in agreement with Star. We don't look for signs of a flame. To be honest when you meet your twin and are with them and it is right, it happens out of no where and the signs are very different to the ones that you are citing.

What were your signs, if you don't mind me asking?
Old 30-11-2018, 12:06 AM
Experiencer

I agree with Akira on all of it. It's something that happens and no list of signs will ever really prepare you for it. I didn't recognize it by label until almost a decade after we met. I just considered it a special soul connection different than anything else.

Did your world shift? Did you grow suddenly in a spiritual way? Is it a mixture of love and fear and everything in between? TF is a wonderful experience, but it's also hard and for most, it doesn't end in happily ever after like fairy tales.

Best of luck in your search for answers. But, as others have said, don't go looking for signs.
Old 02-12-2018, 02:45 PM
Master
[quote=doordie]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira
Excuse me for being really blunt here - none of the list pertains to twin flames, I am in agreement with Star. We don't look for signs of a flame. To be honest when you meet your twin and are with them and it is right, it happens out of no where and the signs are very different to the ones that you are citing.

What were your signs, if you don't mind me asking?

Hi there doordie
I have had to have a think about this, there are a long list of signs.. Although as said in my first message I really would not look for them.

Let me tell you a little story. Back in the day when I met mine, no one knew what a tf was, of course mirror souls, star crossed lovers theory etc existed. However, it was a time when you met someone and you went with your emotions. There was no internet to rely on, no google to pump a question into, to help with what was happening...

So when I ran, which I did, I was just freeing myself from pain.

Then nearly 22 years later we came back into each others lives. It was as if a firework went off in my heart, the messages were in our connection, the way that we felt. The emotion and the fact that after I suspected there was something odd about everything - a chance internet search brought up twin flames.

Not because I was looking, but because I was already there.

To me signs are not the answer - to me being in the connection and experiencing what the connection can bring to you is the actual sign the glue that binds the pair together.

Look at it this way, if there's a relationship and it brings out the best in you regardless of the struggles - then this is good right. Naming the connection is not important - having love is the important part.

Being attached to signs, symobology and labels are a human family concept that is trappped in 3d consciousness. When we accept life and experience what we need to experience in the right way the Universe bends to bring us the experiences that we are meant to have.

It is not to look for the signs, it is to live our lives and love our lives and trust that we are imprinted with our path. When we are spiritually aligned we will go that way. So if you are meant to be with a tf in this life, you will be. If you are meant to have a companion soul mate, you will have one.

Signs could even be part of darkness because we can make something fit what we want - this is egoic. Trust in the power of the divine and all will be well.
Old 02-12-2018, 02:53 PM
Master
Quote:

You might be soulmates, and you may be twins, in fact you could be any connection there are loads karmic, companion, etc. However, looking for signs in things that don't really matter is going to possibly set you up for pain.

I would be careful of this, try not to label. Forget the list of signs and just enjoy life and connections on a base level.

Also everyone seems to want this connection, however I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. It is one of the toughest connections going and it really tests you. It's tough and hard and yes there's love, but it's not a given and it's nothing like the 3D connections that this world shows as normal. The connection pushes us to think in different ways.

If you're meant for it, then of course it will come to be, however I would advise that seeking it might be a mistake.

All the luck and I hope I wasn't too harsh - LucK ...
this is very random, but I am trying to understand the twin flame idea. If you're a "twin flame with someone do you feed off of each other in positive ways? I am saying like your strengths helps there weakness and the other way around? Please put it simply. Like I mentioned I am still trying to figure it out the idea behind it.
Old 02-12-2018, 03:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
this is very random, but I am trying to understand the twin flame idea. If you're a "twin flame with someone do you feed off of each other in positive ways? I am saying like your strengths helps there weakness and the other way around? Please put it simply. Like I mentioned I am still trying to figure it out the idea behind it.

Hi there
I have got to say I am not a big fan of the idea of feeding off each other - even if it is in positive ways . Let's put this more simply you stand side by side, you support each other.

Actually often there are times when you share weaknesses and strengths, however one of you will be a bit more developed and able to see the issue, work on it and in working on the issue with self, will heal the pair of you. Does this make sense.

My mate who is a big time psychic told me years ago that the work that you do with one another, whether painful or not heals the connection.

Remember: The pair only get to this stage when they move out of the 3d way of thinking and ego's desires.
Old 03-12-2018, 09:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Hi there
I have got to say I am not a big fan of the idea of feeding off each other - even if it is in positive ways . Let's put this more simply you stand side by side, you support each other.

Actually often there are times when you share weaknesses and strengths, however one of you will be a bit more developed and able to see the issue, work on it and in working on the issue with self, will heal the pair of you. Does this make sense.

My mate who is a big time psychic told me years ago that the work that you do with one another, whether painful or not heals the connection.

Remember: The pair only get to this stage when they move out of the 3d way of thinking and ego's desires.
ok thank you. That makes sense. I like to read through comments people make about there twin flame. Often it doesn't sound like a good thing. I didn't think I was getting the full idea of it. How do you know if you met yours?