Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 05-02-2017, 04:29 AM
Deactivated Account
Angel1 Neo Advaita vs. Classical Advaita

I would offer this piece by Tony Parsons to explain the current difference between Neo-Advaita & Classical Advaita.
https://www.theopensecret.com/traditionalnottwo.html
My take on it is that I already am That but I was programmed, by other programmed folks, to believe that I am a limited, separate person in a world of other separate, limited persons/objects and so I LOST my original sense of Oneness or Unity (not-two) at a very early age. I've been "seeking" for a long time and now, thanks to the new teachers like Tony, I can see that I never lost anything and always was and always will be That or whatever it's called. This is it!
Old 05-02-2017, 04:55 AM
Deactivated Account
Angel1

Dear brother, we were not really programmed by "others," but rather we (as souls) agreed to the particular programming, the particular paradigm that we have been affected by. The soul is ultimately responsible for its own programming. Not our parents, teachers, society, etc. The soul.

The soul, prior to taking incarnation, fully agrees to experience the illusions of duality, limitation and separation. This has nothing to do with what "others" believe. (That is victim thinking, blaming others for our programming.)

The soul, prior to physical incarnation, already has an agreement with the two souls that are "to be" its Earth parents. They are already selected. The soul agrees to play the game of separation for awhile. This includes a basic agreement that yes, it will be affected by the programming of society, but in actuality the soul is really affected by its own programming, since the personal reality that it experiences is literally a projection of its own consciousness.

In pure Advaita terms, indeed all of this play of phenomenal existence is essentially a dream within Universal Consciousness.
Old 05-02-2017, 07:50 AM
Deactivated Account
Book1

Quote:
Originally Posted by awareness
Dear brother, we
Dear brother, who or what is this "we"?

Quote:
we (as souls)
What are these "souls"?

Quote:
The soul
Exactly what is "the soul"?

Quote:
to taking incarnation,
Please explain: "incarnation".

Quote:
the illusions of duality, limitation and separation.
Please define: "illusions, duality, limitation and separation."

Quote:
The soul, prior to physical incarnation, already has an agreement with the two souls that are "to be" its Earth parents. They are already selected. The soul agrees to play the game of separation for awhile. This includes a basic agreement that yes, it will be affected by the programming of society, but in actuality the soul is really affected by its own programming, since the personal reality that it experiences is literally a projection of its own consciousness.
In pure Advaita terms, indeed all of this play of phenomenal existence is essentially a dream within Universal Consciousness.
Hmmmm, interesting set of opinions.
Old 05-02-2017, 08:28 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrich
Dear brother, who or what is this "we"?

What are these "souls"?

[b]The soul
Exactly what is "the soul"?

Please explain: "incarnation".

Please define: "illusions, duality, limitation and separation."

Hmmmm, interesting set of opinions.

Jim, anyone here could play that same word game that you're playing, that Tony Parsons also plays, and pick apart almost each little detail, which is another ego trick. For example, I could ask you, from your original post,

"Who is this 'my' that you speak of? Who is this 'I' that speaks? Please define this 'I'?" In fact, anyone could use the very same clever wordplay that you just used on me, which Mr. Parsons also likes to use, and use it on him, and he wouldn't be very amused, especially with the heavy over-use of the word "apparent" that he uses.

I could very fairly ask you, "Who are these 'other programmed folks' that you mentioned, Jim? Why are you pointing to 'others' as being programmed, instead of focusing more purely on your own spiritual responsibility for creating your own beliefs?"

I could even ask you, "Why do you give 'Tony Parsons' credit for the fact that you can 'now see that you never lost anything?' How is Mr. Parsons responsible for your own openness to be illuminated? Who are these so-called 'new teachers like Tony' that you speak of?" And on and on, you see.

Here's a simple fact: All human language sounds dualistic, even the way Mr. Parsons speaks, which any clever person can point out, so playing intellectual games of pointing out duality in common language is an exercise in philosophical tail-chasing. It's a losing battle, as all battles are, for there is absolutely no way to hold a conversation with another using verbal language that is completely duality-free or illusion-free, or even opinion-free, for your opening words in this thread are EQUALLY an 'interesting set of opinions' as well, to be fair, bro.
Old 05-02-2017, 08:43 AM
Deactivated Account
Hurt feelings

Quote:
Jim, anyone here could play that same word game that you're playing, that Tony Parsons also plays, and pick apart almost each little detail, which is another ego trick. For example, I could ask you,
I asked you first so, after you...........

Quote:
I could very fairly ask you,
I asked you first and now I'm waiting for your answers!

Quote:
I could even ask you,
I'm still waiting for your answers ....BRO!

Quote:
It's a losing battle, as all battles are, for there is absolutely no way to hold a conversation with another using verbal language that is completely duality-free or illusion-free, or even opinion-free, for your opening words in this thread are EQUALLY an 'interesting set of opinions' as well, to be fair, bro.
Who hurt you, bro?

P.S Where's your Avatar?
Old 05-02-2017, 09:00 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
I asked you first so, after you...........

I asked you first and now I'm waiting for your answers!

I'm still waiting for your answers ....BRO!

Who hurt you, bro?

Well, it's not a game of "Who Asked First," for my questions were given as examples of the kinds of questions that you asked me (and also examples of questions that I could ask), I was not really asking you those questions in hope of receiving specific answers to them.

I did answer you. I gave my response. Perhaps not the kind of specific answers that you wanted to those specific questions you asked me, but my response was a perfectly valid answer to your response.

You're my bro, my mate, and no one hurt me, Jim. Thank you for the interaction. HUGS.
Old 05-02-2017, 04:24 PM
Deactivated Account
Cool

Quote:
Jim, anyone here could play that same word game that you're playing, that Tony Parsons also plays, and pick apart almost each little detail, which is another ego trick.
Hmmm.....

Quote:
For example, I could ask you, from your original post,

"Who is this 'my' that you speak of? Who is this 'I' that speaks? Please define this 'I'?"
I hear you.
Quote:
In fact, anyone could use the very same clever wordplay that you just used on me, which Mr. Parsons also likes to use, and use it on him, and he wouldn't be very amused, especially with the heavy over-use of the word "apparent" that he uses.
OK.
Quote:
I could very fairly ask you, "Who are these 'other programmed folks' that you mentioned, Jim?

My parents and a few inlaws.
Quote:
Why are you pointing to 'others' as being programmed, instead of focusing more purely on your own spiritual responsibility for creating your own beliefs?"
Because I'm HONEST.
Quote:
I could even ask you, "Why do you give 'Tony Parsons' credit for the fact that you can 'now see that you never lost anything?'

Because it's true.
Quote:
How is Mr. Parsons responsible for your own openness to be illuminated?
He isn't, Source is responsible.
Quote:
Who are these so-called 'new teachers like Tony' that you speak of?"
Quote:
And on and on, you see.
I see.

Quote:
Here's a simple fact: All human language sounds dualistic, even the way Mr. Parsons speaks, which any clever person can point out, so playing intellectual games of pointing out duality in common language is an exercise in philosophical tail-chasing. It's a losing battle, as all battles are, for there is absolutely no way to hold a conversation with another using verbal language that is completely duality-free or illusion-free, or even opinion-free, for your opening words in this thread are EQUALLY an 'interesting set of opinions' as well, to be fair, bro.
Hmmm.
Old 15-02-2017, 10:31 AM
Deactivated Account
Angel1 The higher planes

At the risk of being banned from this forum for "talking back" and/or beating a dead horse, I'd like to make one more effort to have a reasonable and RESPECTFUL discussion with you .... a very special, spiritual or extra-terrestrial being from whatever high plane you live on or come from.
Quote:
Jim, anyone here could play that same word game that you're playing, that Tony Parsons also plays, and pick apart almost each little detail, which is another ego trick.
I cannot speak for Tony Parsons but I assure you that I do not play "word games" of "play ego tricks" with you or anyone and it hurts my feelings for you to accuse me of this. I am as sincere as you or anybody else and, if asking you questions hurts or offends you or appears as "picking apart almost every little detail", just say you're hurt but without accusing me of anything or being RUDE. Many folks take simple questions as attacks and insults but I ask questions as RESPECTFULLY as I can and you are free to either answer them, not answer them or just ignore them. They are only questions - not put downs or attacks.
Quote:
For example, I could ask you, from your original post,"Who is this 'my' that you speak of? Who is this 'I' that speaks? Please define this 'I'?"
OK, ask me. Or you could RESPECTFULLY answer my polite questions, like a gentleman, and then we could go from there! I am perfectly fine with sincere, respectful questions so ask and I will respectfully answer those I can and/or ignore those I refuse to answer. I will not come back at you with hostile accusations about word games or ego tricks. Just ask your questions. And also have the dignity to respectfully respond to mine.

Quote:
In fact, anyone could use the very same clever wordplay that you just used on me,
I resent that hostile, disrespectful accusation! I have not once used any "clever word-plays" on you! My questions were all sincere and respectful. If not, quote the offensive item here and then we can examine it together.

Quote:
which Mr. Parsons also likes to use, and use it on him, and he wouldn't be very amused, especially with the heavy over-use of the word "apparent" that he uses.
I don't know what your personal problem is with Mr. Parsons or the word "apparent" but I believe that he has enough self respect to deal with anything you want to throw at him. I'm amazed that a high level being such as you, is SO TOUCHY!

Quote:
I could very fairly ask you, "Who are these 'other programmed folks' that you mentioned, Jim? Why are you pointing to 'others' as being programmed, instead of focusing more purely on your own spiritual responsibility for creating your own beliefs?"
Yes you could "fairly ask" so why don't you? Go ahead, ask me anything you like. Questions do not make me hostile and defensive! I can and will answer what I can with RESPECT and GOOD WILL. And when are you going to anwer any of my questions for you?

Quote:
I could even ask you, "Why do you give 'Tony Parsons' credit for the fact that you can 'now see that you never lost anything?' How is Mr. Parsons responsible for your own openness to be illuminated? Who are these so-called 'new teachers like Tony' that you speak of?" And on and on, you see.
Yes you sure could ask any of them so go ahead and ask! And you "could" answer my questions so WHY DON'T YOU????

Quote:
.. [from another post]..I did answer you. I gave my response. Perhaps not the kind of specific answers that you wanted to those specific questions you asked me, but my response was a perfectly valid answer to your response.
I don't see any of it as a "perfectly valid response" to my questions. It reads like a counter attack to a fight that never was.
You wrote
Quote:
Originally Posted by awareness: Dear brother, we ...
then I wrote Dear brother, who or what is this "we"?
Then you wrote
Quote:
Originally Posted by awareness: Jim, anyone here could play that same word game that you're playing, that Tony Parsons also plays, and pick apart almost each little detail, which is another ego trick.
At no time did you ever again address that one question nor any of the other questions that I asked you in that post [What are these "souls"?, Exactly what is "the soul"?, Please explain: "incarnation", Please define: "illusions, duality, limitation and separation."]
So please show me where and how you ever "gave your response" to any of my 1st sincere questions that are quoted above! Something is terribly WRONG with this discussion and I don't know where to go from here WITHOUT honesty and sincerity!

Quote:
Here's a simple fact: All human language sounds dualistic, even the way Mr. Parsons speaks, which any clever person can point out, so playing intellectual games of pointing out duality in common language is an exercise in philosophical tail-chasing.

Maybe! Or maybe it's one of the ways that us humans use to arrive at knowledge, understanding and GOOD WILL with each other! Almost any concept or behavior can be condemned or praised by anyone and for any reason they choose. So what?

Quote:
It's a losing battle, as all battles are, for there is absolutely no way to hold a conversation with another using verbal language that is completely duality-free or illusion-free, or even opinion-free, for your opening words in this thread are EQUALLY an 'interesting set of opinions' as well, to be fair, bro.
To be fair, bro, 99.99% of everything said in any forum is only someone's (limited) OPINION and what's left over might be a fact......SO WHAT? Humans often talk just to get some attention and have some fun but rarely just to have "duality-free" or "illusion-free" conversations or win battles. You may need to observe us humans a little more to understand us.

You wrote about questions that you "could have asked" but didn't and you did not answer even one of my questions so it looks like we are still at zero with each other EXCEPT that you have taken a very negative stance against me with your accusations and insults so I don't see that we have anything more to say to each other after this. I am a little surprised that what appears to be a more advanced or "higher being" such as you seems to be have expressed so much animosity towards us humans and your obvious jealousy of Tony Parsons in particular. Are you all this small and petty over in your "higher" domain?

Quote:
You're my bro, my mate,
Honestly, the bad way you have treated me does not encourage me to see you as my mate or brother. I think we will need to get a few unsatisfactory things straightened out before I can feel like your "mate or brother". So. let's talk or drop the whole thing. PM me if you wish.........

Last edited by jimrich : 15-02-2017 at 11:20 AM. Reason: more clarity
Old 15-02-2017, 11:28 AM
Master
Quote:
At the risk of being banned from this forum

I am as sincere as you or anybody else

You see Jim there is no-one here that can be banned .

There is no 'I that is sincere as anyone else .

There is nobody else ..

Do you see where I am going with this ..

Do you honestly believe that a neo teacher will let a police officer arrest them for murder when it is a case of mistaken identity .

It happens all the time doesn't it people getting blamed for something they didn't do .

Is a neo teacher willing to spend a life in prison because they have a belief that no-one is here and what is happening is happening .

I say not .

I doubt very much you would let that happen to you either .

x daz x
Old 15-02-2017, 07:19 AM
Deactivated Account
Angel1 In all fairness.

Awareness, in all fairness to you and your followers here, I will make one more attempt to respond to this post in a friendly and meaningful way............
[quote=awareness]
Quote:
If you are extra-terrestrial or spirit, there's not much that I can add here. I have 100s questions if and when you are willing to address any of them.
Respectfully yours,
jim

Last edited by jimrich : 15-02-2017 at 08:45 AM.