Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 13-05-2013, 05:54 PM
Sourcerer

Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluegreen
Sourcerer, I think that the people who want other people "to see the light" as you put it, do so because they sincerely believe that it would be for the good of those other people. There are exceptions of course.

You talk about "death-affirming." What/which death do you mean? The death of the physical body?

I have noticed that mind and knowledge are considered as next to useless. "Forget mind, forget knowledge, use the heart." But it was mind as well as heart which as a child made me 'reject' the God depicted in the OT.
Besides there is Universal Mind, isn't there? And didn't Cayce say "Mind is the Builder"?
So, yes, I am still seeking, still acquiring knowledge, still deducting, still comparing etc. and I love it.

Mind is the builder, yes. That awareness is very much present here. Yes, I acknowledge that the type that I referenced do believe that their belief system would be "good" for others, while I also see that True Sincerity is not that which promotes separation but rather that which is in alignment with Oneness, with Divine Truth. If one is desperately seeking attention and to "prove" something, such an attitude is not sincere at all, in the true spiritual sense of being aligned with the honesty and integrity of the God-Self, no matter how much that person believes in their own self-righteous mission. Sincerity, as this awareness perceives it, is not about belief per se but rather about alignment with Source. I agree that there are those who want others to "see the Light" whom are very sincere, being inspired by deep joy.

In my essay I was speaking specifically about those that largely do not, as reflected in their own desperation for others to believe as they do (even if it is with a cover of acting "cool and calm"). By "desperation," I refer to those beliefs and attitudes that strongly feel that others are "wrong" for believing otherwise, which a couple of our forum mates have recently made it very clear is how they feel, through their own admittance. I don't blame them for believing what they believe, and actually don't mind if they continue to post such things, even with this silly "warning" of mine. (The few posts that I read this early morning here were very entertaining for me. ) I feel that this "warning" serves its purpose well, in my writing it.

By "death-affirming," it is referred to here as that which promotes separation, an "us against them" type of mentality, and I understand that this is generally not done very "consciously" by the human personality, but rather often quite unknowingly.

True, there is Universal Mind. Such is in agreement with my posts. "Heart" is also mind, indeed (though not "intellectual mind"), as it too is an aspect of consciousness, yes. I appreciate, sister, that you are very clear and honest about your joyous expansion of consciousness. Shine on.
Old 13-05-2013, 11:25 PM
Deactivated Account
Great thread thank you!
Old 14-05-2013, 01:20 AM
It is all good

Sourcerer,

I can only speak of my own experience since we are each one so unique and individual in our experiences (lessons). I have been around people who can affect my "be-ing" in such a way that certainly feels as if they are trying to sap the life right out of me. I use to avoid that but I have learned that they cannot affect me in that way without my permission to do so. I had to laugh at the vampire reference. I remember an old, old movie that said you had to invite them in or they couldn't gain entrance to harm you. So true.

There are many people in my life that are fundamentalists and I have also learned that they appear to feel threatened if I speak of my beliefs. I am content to just sit and listen as they try to convince me that they are on the right path, one I should be following. You see I have come to understand that from the first step of my journey until my destination there are many, many paths that I can follow. Like the spring that flows into the creek that merges with the stream that becomes a part of the river until it reaches the ocean. Many different twists and turns and bends to the final destination. I remember telling a friend one time that just because she took Smith Road and I took Jones road didn't mean we both wouldn't get to the mall.

The Christed (anointed) Spirit is one that I am slowly coming to understand and to know. You are so right that many people are frightened of the growing awareness of this. I am perfectly content, at this point in my life, to sit and listen to them discuss their views of both their religion and what I believe. I think we might all be on the same journey just on a different path to the same destination. I have learned to just ask a lot of questions, smile a lot, nod a lot and hug them when we part and tell them I love them. The discussion most of the time leaves me with a jewel or two or three to think about that tends to reaffirm that I am doing what is right for me. But shhhh....don't tell them or they will quit sharing these jewels with me.

And once again, you touch that place in my heart that leaves me calm and at peace. Excellent thread.

Hugs
Old 14-05-2013, 05:25 AM
Sourcerer

Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by running
Great thread thank you!

Thank you as well, my cool and wise brother. Eternally welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by It is all good
Sourcerer,

I can only speak of my own experience since we are each one so unique and individual in our experiences (lessons). I have been around people who can affect my "be-ing" in such a way that certainly feels as if they are trying to sap the life right out of me. I use to avoid that but I have learned that they cannot affect me in that way without my permission to do so. I had to laugh at the vampire reference. I remember an old, old movie that said you had to invite them in or they couldn't gain entrance to harm you. So true.

There are many people in my life that are fundamentalists and I have also learned that they appear to feel threatened if I speak of my beliefs. I am content to just sit and listen as they try to convince me that they are on the right path, one I should be following. You see I have come to understand that from the first step of my journey until my destination there are many, many paths that I can follow. Like the spring that flows into the creek that merges with the stream that becomes a part of the river until it reaches the ocean. Many different twists and turns and bends to the final destination. I remember telling a friend one time that just because she took Smith Road and I took Jones road didn't mean we both wouldn't get to the mall.

The Christed (anointed) Spirit is one that I am slowly coming to understand and to know. You are so right that many people are frightened of the growing awareness of this. I am perfectly content, at this point in my life, to sit and listen to them discuss their views of both their religion and what I believe. I think we might all be on the same journey just on a different path to the same destination. I have learned to just ask a lot of questions, smile a lot, nod a lot and hug them when we part and tell them I love them. The discussion most of the time leaves me with a jewel or two or three to think about that tends to reaffirm that I am doing what is right for me. But shhhh....don't tell them or they will quit sharing these jewels with me.

And once again, you touch that place in my heart that leaves me calm and at peace. Excellent thread.

Hugs

(Removes his plastic fangs...)

Hello again my dear friend. I really enjoyed your very beautiful expression there. You are flowing gracefully in your interactions with people. Very excellent! Deep appreciation for you. HUGS
Old 14-05-2013, 05:51 AM
Juanita

Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sourcerer
No one can really "sap" your Life Force, but there are many who surely try, often in the guise of proclaiming 'The Way.' Beware of giving much attention to such people, for they are playing the very low-level character role (for example, "demonic") that they may label you as being.

The basic reason why such strong "fundamentalism" ("It's my way or the highway"-type attitudes) appears to be on the rise in many cases is simply because such people and groups notice that masses of people have been increasingly turning away ("turning the other cheek") from old-school, out-dated religious beliefs that no longer seem to satisfy their spiritual appetite.

In terms of Christian fundamentalism, for example, the common fear of the dramatic rise of interest in Mother Nature-based religions (animism is a root religion of ALL human cultures) is actually a vital part of the so-called "Second Coming," involving the Christ Consciousness that many New Age proponents speak of, which is quite ironic. This operates multidimensionally on many levels. One such level concerns the healing of the race consciousness (the human race) of the damage that was done largely through the European influence of using Christianity as a political force for control (for example, the entity known as the 'Catholic Church' was created as--and still is--a heavily political institution, having "borrowed" religious symbolism and myths from many religions). Another, more broad, level concerns the understanding of the Christos not in terms of a single individual (which was never what the term really esoterically meant), but rather as the consciousness, the awareness, of Agape, of Unconditional Love.

The gentle warning that this thread concerns is not a call to fear, but a Call for Love. The true Christ Consciousness is essentially nothing more than the Awareness of Oneness, and quite frankly (and humorously) this growing recognition in the collective human consciousness of the fact that there really is such a reality as Unconditional Love is scaring the 'bejesus' out of that part of the general human psyche that is self-righteous, tyrannical and desperately wants to perpetuate its delusion of a "vengeful God," an attitude that is still very much "alive" now, although as a belief it was never Life-affirming, and this fear-based belief has been increasingly declining in mass popularity. ANY belief in "vengeful justice" (even if you claim not to believe in "God") is the same old, fear-based belief such as typified by the Biblical Old Testament "Jehovah" (who is the same basic archetype as the Greek god, Zeus).

Beware of "feeding" the sheep that would play mindless games in order to "pull you" into their "influence" in order to prey upon you like a vampire. The obvious clue for you is that such people often point the finger of disrespect of the beliefs of others to the very people that they preach to! They are "shooting themselves in the foot" with their own proselytization, and even though they may succeed for awhile in gaining your sharp attention through debate, they actually weaken their own connection to Divine Life Force in the process, because instead of promoting a doctrine of Unconditional Love (for example, "God is love," states "Scripture" from many religious traditions), through their very attitudes and actions they often largely contradict the very loving Source that they pray to. (Such people are very adept at PREYING, not PRAYING in the positive sense of the word.) Religious intolerance is quickly becoming VERY OBVIOUS for most humans to see these days, just as both racial intolerance and intolerance toward gays is VERY OBVIOUS for growing numbers of people to notice.

Again, NO ONE can actually "sap" your Life Force, although you CAN "feed fuel for fear" for those with very fear-based beliefs who are like a wolf in sheep's clothing, who often wear a mask of pretending to be civil. Beware the negative traps of discussion that are designed to feed upon your Life Force in a very ego-based, "vampiric" way. It doesn't matter if such people do so under a guise of "religion" or "science," WHENEVER YOU SEE ANYONE ANYWHERE DESPERATELY WANTING YOU TO "SEE THE LIGHT" AS THEY PROCLAIM THE BELIEF SYSTEMS OF OTHERS TO BE "WRONG," BUT THEIR'S TO BE "RIGHT," IT IS A CALL FOR LOVE FOR YOU TO PEACEFULLY "TURN THE OTHER CHEEK," if you so wish to do so. And, by "turning the other cheek," this does not mean that you necessarily need to walk away (although in many cases that is wise), but IT DOES mean to shift your focus from feeding into fear to focusing on FEELING LOVE, if that be the case.

It is often very easy for most members to "lose their Soul" when interacting in online forums, or in ANY interaction with others, period. This simply means to once again temporarily forget the Soul, the SELF, the Oneness, the One Love, when reacting to--and interacting with--others. Yet with a simple decision to "turn the other cheek," one can lovingly SHIFT the tide of their own thinking and FEELING to that which is Life-affirming. Fear is death-affirming. Hatred is death-affirming. Bigotry is death-affirming. Yet the predominant attitude and psychic atmosphere of this here community is very much Life-affirming, as was the intent of the dear human angel who founded this blessed community. (My hat goes off to you, my brother. )

ALL interactions and experiences are ultimately fruitful for the Soul, for they are all equally-valid experiences for growth, for spiritual awakening. My hat goes off to those members who have served as POWERFUL CATALYSTS for spiritual awakening. My hat goes off to ALL who have added focus and energy to this place. I tip my hat to ALL of you/us, for this certainly is a fun and fruitful journey for the Soul, no matter what transpires, for again I remind that the True Essence of ALL is Divine Love, AKA Spirit.

Be well as you serve fuel for FREEDOM instead of for fear. Amen.

I personally do not come from a place of fear, but neither am I able to turn the other cheek...Unfortunately, I often come from a place of anger, not for myself, but for the misguided child who thinks that she carries the mark of the beast, the poor soul who believes in eternal damnation and hellfire, the irrational belief that someone died for your sins, or believe that people can come back from the dead, that we re not "all" the sons and daughters of God/The Source, that the creator plays games by splitting souls in half so they can find each other....these things don't make me sad--they make me mad...never in my long life have I seen such beliefs in dogma, mythology, superstition and outright vivid imagination........sorry, I felt the need to rant a bit......
Old 14-05-2013, 05:57 AM
Sourcerer

Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanita
I personally do not come from a place of fear, but neither am I able to turn the other cheek...Unfortunately, I often come from a place of anger, not for myself, but for the misguided child who thinks that she carries the mark of the beast, the poor soul who believes in eternal damnation and hellfire, the irrational belief that someone died for your sins, or believe that people can come back from the dead, that we re not "all" the sons and daughters of God/The Source, that the creator plays games by splitting souls in half so they can find each other....these things don't make me sad--they make me mad...never in my long life have I seen such beliefs in dogma, mythology, superstition and outright vivid imagination........sorry, I felt the need to rant a bit......

I hear you, dear Juanita. Deeply understood. It's all good, and is a valuable addition to this thread. I appreciate you. Blessings.
Old 14-05-2013, 10:24 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sourcerer
No one can really "sap" your Life Force, but there are many who surely try, often in the guise of proclaiming 'The Way.' Beware of giving much attention to such people, for they are playing the very low-level character role (for example, "demonic") that they may label you as being.

The basic reason why such strong "fundamentalism" ("It's my way or the highway"-type attitudes) appears to be on the rise in many cases is simply because such people and groups notice that masses of people have been increasingly turning away ("turning the other cheek") from old-school, out-dated religious beliefs that no longer seem to satisfy their spiritual appetite.

In terms of Christian fundamentalism, for example, the common fear of the dramatic rise of interest in Mother Nature-based religions (animism is a root religion of ALL human cultures) is actually a vital part of the so-called "Second Coming," involving the Christ Consciousness that many New Age proponents speak of, which is quite ironic. This operates multidimensionally on many levels. One such level concerns the healing of the race consciousness (the human race) of the damage that was done largely through the European influence of using Christianity as a political force for control (for example, the entity known as the 'Catholic Church' was created as--and still is--a heavily political institution, having "borrowed" religious symbolism and myths from many religions). Another, more broad, level concerns the understanding of the Christos not in terms of a single individual (which was never what the term really esoterically meant), but rather as the consciousness, the awareness, of Agape, of Unconditional Love.

The gentle warning that this thread concerns is not a call to fear, but a Call for Love. The true Christ Consciousness is essentially nothing more than the Awareness of Oneness, and quite frankly (and humorously) this growing recognition in the collective human consciousness of the fact that there really is such a reality as Unconditional Love is scaring the 'bejesus' out of that part of the general human psyche that is self-righteous, tyrannical and desperately wants to perpetuate its delusion of a "vengeful God," an attitude that is still very much "alive" now, although as a belief it was never Life-affirming, and this fear-based belief has been increasingly declining in mass popularity. ANY belief in "vengeful justice" (even if you claim not to believe in "God") is the same old, fear-based belief such as typified by the Biblical Old Testament "Jehovah" (who is the same basic archetype as the Greek god, Zeus).

Beware of "feeding" the sheep that would play mindless games in order to "pull you" into their "influence" in order to prey upon you like a vampire. The obvious clue for you is that such people often point the finger of disrespect of the beliefs of others to the very people that they preach to! They are "shooting themselves in the foot" with their own proselytization, and even though they may succeed for awhile in gaining your sharp attention through debate, they actually weaken their own connection to Divine Life Force in the process, because instead of promoting a doctrine of Unconditional Love (for example, "God is love," states "Scripture" from many religious traditions), through their very attitudes and actions they often largely contradict the very loving Source that they pray to. (Such people are very adept at PREYING, not PRAYING in the positive sense of the word.) Religious intolerance is quickly becoming VERY OBVIOUS for most humans to see these days, just as both racial intolerance and intolerance toward gays is VERY OBVIOUS for growing numbers of people to notice.

Again, NO ONE can actually "sap" your Life Force, although you CAN "feed fuel for fear" for those with very fear-based beliefs who are like a wolf in sheep's clothing, who often wear a mask of pretending to be civil. Beware the negative traps of discussion that are designed to feed upon your Life Force in a very ego-based, "vampiric" way. It doesn't matter if such people do so under a guise of "religion" or "science," WHENEVER YOU SEE ANYONE ANYWHERE DESPERATELY WANTING YOU TO "SEE THE LIGHT" AS THEY PROCLAIM THE BELIEF SYSTEMS OF OTHERS TO BE "WRONG," BUT THEIR'S TO BE "RIGHT," IT IS A CALL FOR LOVE FOR YOU TO PEACEFULLY "TURN THE OTHER CHEEK," if you so wish to do so. And, by "turning the other cheek," this does not mean that you necessarily need to walk away (although in many cases that is wise), but IT DOES mean to shift your focus from feeding into fear to focusing on FEELING LOVE, if that be the case.

It is often very easy for most members to "lose their Soul" when interacting in online forums, or in ANY interaction with others, period. This simply means to once again temporarily forget the Soul, the SELF, the Oneness, the One Love, when reacting to--and interacting with--others. Yet with a simple decision to "turn the other cheek," one can lovingly SHIFT the tide of their own thinking and FEELING to that which is Life-affirming. Fear is death-affirming. Hatred is death-affirming. Bigotry is death-affirming. Yet the predominant attitude and psychic atmosphere of this here community is very much Life-affirming, as was the intent of the dear human angel who founded this blessed community. (My hat goes off to you, my brother. )

ALL interactions and experiences are ultimately fruitful for the Soul, for they are all equally-valid experiences for growth, for spiritual awakening. My hat goes off to those members who have served as POWERFUL CATALYSTS for spiritual awakening. My hat goes off to ALL who have added focus and energy to this place. I tip my hat to ALL of you/us, for this certainly is a fun and fruitful journey for the Soul, no matter what transpires, for again I remind that the True Essence of ALL is Divine Love, AKA Spirit.

Be well as you serve fuel for FREEDOM instead of for fear. Amen.

I made such a mistake - allowing myself to be seduced, giving away my power. It's cost me dearly in time, energy, emotion - as well as physically. But, perhaps there was a greater spiritual end.

The main thing to say, in my book, it always takes two. So while there was a "vamp", there was the co-conspiritor - aka MOI. I'm not going to pass the buck and say "he messed me around" as we were both in it together. In doing so, I claim my power back from the time spent - and it was several years.

I made many errors and I will have to live with such. But such is the tapestry of life !
Old 14-05-2013, 04:06 PM
Sourcerer

Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle
I made such a mistake - allowing myself to be seduced, giving away my power. It's cost me dearly in time, energy, emotion - as well as physically. But, perhaps there was a greater spiritual end.

The main thing to say, in my book, it always takes two. So while there was a "vamp", there was the co-conspiritor - aka MOI. I'm not going to pass the buck and say "he messed me around" as we were both in it together. In doing so, I claim my power back from the time spent - and it was several years.

I made many errors and I will have to live with such. But such is the tapestry of life !

All that you've shared, my sister, is very much honest and true to Self. Indeed the "true vampire" is never really the "other," but rather a fearful, energy-draining state of consciousness that is projected and perpetuated by the part of one's own mind that is in fear.

A greater spiritual end, yes! You are very much in your power, dear one. I am much appreciative for this inspiration. Bless you.
Old 14-05-2013, 07:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle

It's giving up the power, even unwittingly, that creates the power struggle,,,

The need to claim it back in order to regain enough to give it up again,,,

Realizing you were a part of it, empowered you, therefore creating a whole new energy level within you and the ability to offload if it is in excess,,,

Creating a balance and bringing things into your life to sustain you being a co-conspirator and removing the disorder,,,

Empowerment takes a long time, loads of different parts to it, all the nooks and crannies to expose,,, but well worth every moment!!!

It's a wonderful feeling

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx
Old 14-05-2013, 08:13 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saggi
It's giving up the power, even unwittingly, that creates the power struggle,,,

The need to claim it back in order to regain enough to give it up again,,,

Realizing you were a part of it, empowered you, therefore creating a whole new energy level within you and the ability to offload if it is in excess,,,

Creating a balance and bringing things into your life to sustain you being a co-conspirator and removing the disorder,,,

Empowerment takes a long time, loads of different parts to it, all the nooks and crannies to expose,,, but well worth every moment!!!

It's a wonderful feeling

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx

Thanks yes. Still a long way to go - but as soon as you realise that you are a co-dependent with the vamps, then you are empowered and you realise that you are making a choice. you are unconciously choosing to be drained by a vamp - or whatever. And then, you can choose different.

For me, it went down very very badly!

But, I share my story in the hope it helps others adn it is really important to realise - as previously stated (I forget whom) that you are hindering the journey of the vamp by playing along. You are allowing them to be fed from you rather than direct from the source. And that hinders their own journey. Really key.