Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Closed Thread

Old 28-02-2006, 01:52 PM
silver swan

Thankyou. yes I always protect myself. In fact , sometimes I wonder if I go a little over the top. ie I visualise a space suit , large belt over solar plexis, a cross and of course, prayers!!!
Old 28-02-2006, 02:24 PM
psychic sue

LOL - you will have me putting my space suit on now when I do it!
Old 28-02-2006, 03:40 PM
raesofsunshine

Hi Silver Swan. I have been a rescue worker for quite some time,I dont think there are enough who take this avenue.I know how difficult and somtimes even dangerous a situation can be to walk in to.but the outcome always makes me smile knowing that my guides have been able to use me
once again as a channel of Gods Light and Peace.So if you are able to do this work please continue.Spirit needs you.Reguarding AUTOMATIC WRITING all my experiences have been of a quite negative nature,such as being called out to spiritual problems.So like psychic sues message to you.remember your protection .Its very important.

GOD BLESS.TAKE CARE RAE. WALES GB
Old 28-02-2006, 03:49 PM
silver swan

Thanks. I think you must be a lot braver than me. Well done for doing something so worthwhile.
Old 28-02-2006, 05:22 PM
Maarkandeya

When one clears the mind, not only does automatic writing manifest but "unconscious thinking" also just happens. Instead of being driven by external appearances, the light of the soul just shines through and guides one's steps in many ways.
Old 28-02-2006, 05:26 PM
silver swan

yes I agree. But how can you tell if it s your higher self or a guide? Do you have experience of this?
Old 01-03-2006, 12:46 AM
Guiding You

Quote:
Silver Swan wrote
Hi Guiding you.
Your experiences sound fascinating. Have you ever been afraid when doing this work?
I too would like to use the gifts to help people. I think that the messages I have received so far, have been helping me to understand more about my own development, and the meaning of life.
Hello,

Thank you, well, look at you! Aren't you just glowing from the inside.

When I first started doing automatic writing, yes, there was a few things I needed to be aware of, 1) was my mind, 2) was my mind and, 3) was my mind, of course, the best trickster there is! No matter what disguis it chooses to wear. So, sure there were days when I imagined things which weren't actually happening and puzzled myself to no end, only to find I had been chatting with myself the whole time. Silly now, but to the very least I can look back and laugh about it.

To be honest, when I was able to make the difference between myself and external influences, finally I began to notice what was in fact happening. The Guides had much to teach me, and at times I was a hard student because, ultimately I was certainly one who did not appreciate, or indulge in fooling myself.

I wanted answers and clarity, and I didn't mind in which order those things appeared, so long as they did. I had times when I'd put my pen down because I didn't like what I was learning about myself. I didn't want to know that I had issues with my channel. I felt, I trusted them and had faith, so be it.... but did I?

Looking back now, it was a blessing. Sometimes, we need to be able to look in to our emotional mirror and, notice where there is room for work. I am greatful for their patience. One of the things I learned, which left an incredible impact upon me, "It's not important how many times you try, it is important to learn it well."

We all get confused, and scared sometimes and this is normal, and I might add, even more pronounced for those of us who are consciously travelling through our spiritual journey. These moments often tend to stun us a little, so we may become tempted to use a parking space, which is necessary at times.

Perhaps you are raising levels, or going up levels, if you prefer, and it may be time for you to discover what the meaning of life really means to you. In my view, it is very brave of you to share this here. It takes a lot of courage to open up, and by doing so, you give others the opportunity to do the same.

I couldn't help noticing your last question...

If I asked you, that same question, what would you say to me?

Abundant Love and Blessings,
Guiding You
Old 01-03-2006, 07:40 AM
silver swan

automatic writing

Hi Guiding You,

Firstly, thankyou for your insight.

I have studied what you have said. You sound very self aware. What you said about realising that you had issues with your channel really made me take a close look at myself. It has made me realise that the issue for me , comes back again to one of trust. Although I have never felt any bad vibes through writing, maybe I do not have enough faith and trust in my guide, which could be blocking the communication in some way. ( I seem to receive the messages in the form of broken sentences.)

It made me smile to read your last question. (you asked what I would say to you if you asked me how to differentiate between my higher self and my guide.) The reason it made me smile is because the answer is within myself, and I suppose no-one can answer it for me. Deep down I know this, but it further highlights my issues with trust! So , thankyou for bringing it to my attention.

p.s. You have held up my emotional mirror and I am looking inside! many thanks xxxx

Last edited by silver swan : 01-03-2006 at 07:43 AM.
Old 03-03-2006, 02:41 AM
Guiding You

Silver Swan,

Thank you, share that smile around now, won't you!

Trust... hmmm what can I add in here about that... well, there are no right or wrong answers, and finding faith, trust or confidence is in how we feel about any given situation, so, regarding automatic writing - if it feels real, even if it's uncomfortable or confusing - as in if, it's messages take us further away from our own train of thought (delving in to the unknown) than we can afford to merit that. However, if it doesn't feel real then we are but merely writing our own fiction here. For instance, "I want to know more about why I feel scared trusting others?" and we receive messages about "love" "safety" "protection" etc, etc... firstly, we look at us deeply (this can take time) We may need to discover how we really feel about love, safety, protection, and so on.

Do we feel safe? If not, why not? What are our reasons? What do we need in order to feel safe? Often more than not, it may be something simple, for instance, "I need this person to be open and honest with me." So, you would consider wether you are also being open and honest, and so on. How well do I know myself? Am I aware of my own feelings? Do I trust - me?

Everything begins with ourselves. The great majority of people have past hurts, they carry as far back as childhood or even past lives. Our fears and apprahensions try to teach us about us. As we begin to unravell our own mysteries, we deepen our understanding of ourselves and life as well. Once we can recognise it, we can begin to share it. Something which has always helped me relating to issues about trust is simply my intuition. Trust your own intuition - it will guide you perfectly, always...

Try this! "Can I trust these messages?" which would usually prompt a "yes" or "no" answer.

Now, try this! "How do I feel about what I've just read?" which would usually result in a more profound response - one of depth and meaning, allowing us the necessary opportunity to deepen our connection with ourselves

Abundant Love and Blessings,
Guiding You
Old 07-03-2006, 07:27 PM
silver swan

Hi .
yes I agree. If you listen to your intuition you will not go wrong. And the more you listen to it, the more the trust grows. I think that in moments when you are not self aware, but are simply in the moment as it were, are the moments when you are completely guided by your inner self. Your mind is not trying to rationalise your feelings, similar to being in a meditative state. I sometimes wish that I could be guided like this all the time. In fact, I suppose you can, but it means trusting and listening to yourself more!
Closed Thread