Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 17-05-2019, 10:22 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
the problem with destroying things anyway is, you don't know what to put in its place? So unless you just wanna have fun it probably isn't worth it to go down that road.
That's why I mentioned transforming lower energies, not for them to try and 'destroy' them cause with that intent I would see it as lower energy that would contribute to 'chaos'. And that they didn't want that type of energy around them, and it was my way of saying to not go down that path/road.
Old 18-05-2019, 12:50 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aethera
That's why I mentioned transforming lower energies, not for them to try and 'destroy' them cause with that intent I would see it as lower energy that would contribute to 'chaos'. And that they didn't want that type of energy around them, and it was my way of saying to not go down that path/road.

Old 18-05-2019, 01:38 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
Old 18-05-2019, 01:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVisitor
I have been reading on the theory of new souls-old souls and reincarnation. Generally it is supposed to be that new souls come from the animal kingdom if i am not mistaken? So their first human incarnation is one where they feel very attracted to life's pleasures, material wealth, etc. And they are kind of "clumsy" because of their inexperience. Correct?
In meditation or in general i have been thinking about my own past lives but nothing pops up. I feel like it is my first incarnation on this planet. But i am drawn to all things spiritual rather than material things. Like i have fallen to a lower condition, rather than upgrading from the animal kingdom to the human realm. It reminds me of the concept of "Wanderers" mentioned in the Law of One books.
So i feel like i am an old sould, but a first incarnation in a way. I have not been able to fit well with people or social structures, have been a rebel in my youth and feel this planet as a scary and illogical place very often. I feel uncomfortable with energies of people that are of a lower nature and even with earthly energies and the elements. Kind of like a visitor to this place, perhaps with a mission. I wasn't sure in my youth if the mission is to destroy what is, to make something better, or simple to go along with what is, trying to make it better on the way. Any comments?

The name people give themselves can often tell us many things about who and what they are.
Your name is very fitting to who and what you are. Not exactly where you come from.
Are you a wanderer? not in my book, more someone who is here to observe and perhaps learn, and report back when all is over on this planet.
Old 18-05-2019, 02:19 AM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jainarayan
In Hinduism we believe that a human birth is the highest and most desirable, at least on this planet. However, that doesn't mean that a human can't "fall down" and be reborn as another animal. Being born human is a privilege and honor that altogether too many of us squander.

I remember reading about this some time ago as I was doing some exploring of various religions. At the time it made sense to me, however, I am no longer convinced that a life experience as a human is necessarily higher or better then that of say a dog, cat, or some other kind of consciousness. The things that make us human give us a certain perspective on life, but also tend to mask or get in the way of others. The experiences are different, but I can't say whether one is higher then the other.
Old 18-05-2019, 02:51 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
I believe that (most) religions originate from genuine altered states of consciousness experiences. Those experiences were interpreted by those who had them through the filters of their beliefs, emotions, and intellectual development, then others, purposefully or not, distorted the message until making it unrecognizable. Rationalization takes us further from the original message, as we don't have the capability to fully understand what is beyond.

Regarding emotions ... Love and compassion (as rationalization mentioned above) will lead us eventually to fear (e.g. of loss), anger (e.g. against the unloving and un-compassionate others), and to other negative emotions, that prevent us from creating what we intend to. The so called unconditional love, isn't love per se, but a non-dual state that doesn't generate a dual negative emotion.

When you go toward your inner higher knowledge you have to leave behind all you beliefs and emotions, to receive a raw message, undistorted as much as possible. When you say "ego or selfish desires" you already express a belief and an emotion.

I agree that founders of religions historically have had experiences of altered states of consciousness and certain "revelations" of the Absolute and its workings on the planet were interpreted according to the their character and idiosyncrasy. Other religions of course where mostly based on ritual and advice to keep people ethical or under control in a certain societal structure.

I must keep in mind that the human brain is not in the position to fully understand the Beyond. I have made the mistake of trying to go there, only to my detriment. But, what about the heart? The mind can go so far, can the heart go further? That is why i think emotion may be key in certain realizations.

Love and compassion can lead to negative emotions, in an unconscious state. But perhaps with non attachment practiced, this can be avoided. So unconditional love would be categorized as an intuitive state by you, not as emotion?

I have been thinking about this raw transmission from inner knowledge, as a way of emptiness speaking through me or something of that nature. But unless there is total control of instinct, emotion, intellect, the transmission could be received distorted. We are talking about a state of perfection here. Or not?
Old 18-05-2019, 02:53 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jainarayan
In Hinduism we believe that a human birth is the highest and most desirable, at least on this planet. However, that doesn't mean that a human can't "fall down" and be reborn as another animal. Being born human is a privilege and honor that altogether too many of us squander.

I am a friend of Hinduism actually. Maybe human birth is the most desirable on the planet, but isn't liberation from rebirth the most desirable desire of the human according to Hinduism?
Old 18-05-2019, 02:53 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aethera
I think this is pretty close to the approach that one should use. Especially if there are some things that are out of balance, you don't want to try to 'destroy' it. You want to transform those sort of energies, and you have a choice, to choose.. Cause I believe the intent 'to destroy', comes from the intent of lower energies. Which I don't think you want around you and lower energies contribute to chaos that is out there.

Very true. Transformation and transmutation. Inner alchemy. The Work of the Ages...
Old 18-05-2019, 02:58 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah nam
The name people give themselves can often tell us many things about who and what they are.
Your name is very fitting to who and what you are. Not exactly where you come from.
Are you a wanderer? not in my book, more someone who is here to observe and perhaps learn, and report back when all is over on this planet.

Who and what am I? Could you elaborate? It surely relates to where i am coming from? You have an insight for my condition to share?

I have been a true learner all my life, learning is not just a hobby, i feel this urge since i remember myself to be a hunter of knowledge. And an observer of course. Where would i report back to though?
Old 18-05-2019, 03:56 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVisitor
Very true. Transformation and transmutation. Inner alchemy. The Work of the Ages...
Indeed, transmuting and transformation using higher energies, it's a process that starts from inside and bring them outside of ourselves.