Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 12-09-2017, 11:13 PM
Kioma

The blessing of ADHD

"Researchers at the Entrepreneurship Research Institute at the Technical University of Munich (TUM) in Germany, who worked in cooperation with the University of Bath in the United Kingdom and Syracuse University in New York, have discovered that ADHD can promote entrepreneurial traits."

http://www.yesmagazine.org/happiness...-adhd-20170413
Old 13-09-2017, 07:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioma
"Researchers at the Entrepreneurship Research Institute at the Technical University of Munich (TUM) in Germany, who worked in cooperation with the University of Bath in the United Kingdom and Syracuse University in New York, have discovered that ADHD can promote entrepreneurial traits."

http://www.yesmagazine.org/happiness/the-innovating-creative-superpowers-of-adhd-20170413

I'd absolutly agree.....my 10 year old grandson Nick was diagnosed with ADHD a few years ago....and while it does make him impulsive sometimes ....he is extremely talented and intelligent....and like me showed entrepreneural leanings at a very young age....

He's always wanting to make his own money to get things he wants...new bow. ..whatever. ....and prefers to make the money and buy what he wants rather than receiving gifts.

This last summer he started his own part-time business. ...and makes about $1000 to $1500 per month doing it...he has an impressive savings for a 10 year old! !

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 13-09-2017, 07:55 PM
Kioma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky 1
I'd absolutly agree.....my 10 year old grandson Nick was diagnosed with ADHD a few years ago....and while it does make him impulsive sometimes ....he is extremely talented and intelligent....and like me showed entrepreneural leanings at a very young age....

He's always wanting to make his own money to get things he wants...new bow. ..whatever. ....and prefers to make the money and buy what he wants rather than receiving gifts.

This last summer he started his own part-time business. ...and makes about $1000 to $1500 per month doing it...he has an impressive savings for a 10 year old! !
That is impressive Lucky!

Tragically, I know of too many children who were diagnosed with ADHD and drugged for it. I think it shows a little faith and understanding can go a long way.
Old 13-09-2017, 10:12 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioma
That is impressive Lucky!

Tragically, I know of too many children who were diagnosed with ADHD and drugged for it. I think it shows a little faith and understanding can go a long way.

well...i'll admit that he does occasionally get "a pill' before going to school...i'll also admit that the pill clearly helps him to concentrate and focus on his studies better......at the same time I just hate that damn pill!

It changes his personality...he seems less social and wants to be left alone to himself after he gets home from school.....it also suppress his appetite....he doesn't eat very much if anything during the day...so he gets low blood sugar because of that and that causes him to get irritable!

He so much more fun and sweeter natured without that pill! but it does seem to help focus at school......sigh!

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 14-09-2017, 05:56 AM
Master
Lucky1, your grandson is a very impressive young man! I love how he's creative and a go getter rather than being on an electronic device all day, like most kids are in this technological era.
One thing I've noticed this summer, spending it in the U.S, is that labels are so easily "passed" around, especially to young children. I have a cousin who was worried about this very thing, being that her 8 year old daughter doesn't fit the mold of whatever is considered "normal" in her school district, therefore causing unnecessary stress on the parents that will eventually branch out onto the child.
I yelled at her in my loving way, of course. There is nothingn wrong with her child for goodness sake! Why does everyone have to behave like a zombie these days? And something else I've realised is that those who weren't pressured to conform with whatever standards, and were encouraged along the path they felt was best for them, are by far more successful than those who have.
Not everyone is going to be a scholar, but that doesn't mean they won't be successful in life.
Nick sounds like a kid after my own heart. Blessings to him and may all his dreams and aspirations materialize.
Old 14-09-2017, 07:18 AM
Kioma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith33
Lucky1, your grandson is a very impressive young man! I love how he's creative and a go getter rather than being on an electronic device all day, like most kids are in this technological era.
One thing I've noticed this summer, spending it in the U.S, is that labels are so easily "passed" around, especially to young children. I have a cousin who was worried about this very thing, being that her 8 year old daughter doesn't fit the mold of whatever is considered "normal" in her school district, therefore causing unnecessary stress on the parents that will eventually branch out onto the child.
I yelled at her in my loving way, of course. There is nothingn wrong with her child for goodness sake! Why does everyone have to behave like a zombie these days? And something else I've realised is that those who weren't pressured to conform with whatever standards, and were encouraged along the path they felt was best for them, are by far more successful than those who have.
Not everyone is going to be a scholar, but that doesn't mean they won't be successful in life.
Nick sounds like a kid after my own heart. Blessings to him and may all his dreams and aspirations materialize.
Beautifully said Faith.
Old 02-11-2017, 04:41 PM
Experiencer
Britney spears has adhd
Old 08-11-2017, 03:26 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky 1
well...i'll admit that he does occasionally get "a pill' before going to school...i'll also admit that the pill clearly helps him to concentrate and focus on his studies better......at the same time I just hate that damn pill!

It changes his personality...he seems less social and wants to be left alone to himself after he gets home from school.....it also suppress his appetite....he doesn't eat very much if anything during the day...so he gets low blood sugar because of that and that causes him to get irritable!

He so much more fun and sweeter natured without that pill! but it does seem to help focus at school......sigh!

i believe i saw a book at the A.R.E.catalog.com once about this ....... treating ADHD naturally and more effectively without the drug side effects
Old 12-12-2017, 04:29 PM
Experiencer

Thank you! That's interesting fact and I feel it is connected
Old 31-12-2017, 12:01 AM
Master

ADHD'ers and ADD'ers think outside the box. They think outside the box because they have had to problem solve their entire lives to fit into society. I know because I have ADD.

One author said they think in pictures rather than words as the "normal" person does.

My granddaughter has ADHD. I told her when she was little that her childhood would suck but once she reached adulthood she would have learned coping skills that would remain with her the rest of her life.

And her childhood sucked. And now she is a vibrant, beautiful young woman who conquers her corner of the world on a daily basis.