Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 20-02-2020, 05:24 AM
Seeker

Always back at the same place...

Hi,

I was wondering what it meant by visiting my old home in my dreams. The dreams that I remember always seem to be at that home. Like I recently had one and it was not a pleasant dream, I was being chased/I was running away from something that I did not want to find me. I was trying to run and get out the house, which I woke up even before I got out.. I also seem to have many dreams where I am trying hide/run away from something. Don’t usually see what it is either as I usually wake up if it gets too close/finds me, I feel like it’s a person maybe. What’s the meaning behind this?
Going back to my old home, I feel like because I have a lot of memories from there as I grew up there, is this the reason why I keep visiting the place in my dreams? I am just curious. I feel like I want to put that home in the past now, yes remember the good times but I don’t want to keep revisiting it in my dreams as they are not always nice ones.

- hope someone can help me make sense of it all.
Old 20-02-2020, 06:24 AM
Master

I don't know if all our dreams contain meaningful symbols, but I know that some of mine do.

It is like somebody / something conveys us a message in a symbolic way in one or more dreams, and it is up to our conscious selves to make sense of it.

The way I work with dreams is to record each dream immediately when I wake up during the night, and before I wake up in the morning I put myself in trance, get in contact with my inner guide, and ask it to interpret my dreams. And it makes sense of most of my dreams, very nicely.

For example, I had a dream in which I was in a competition in which I had to choose one of three identical packages. I had no idea what is inside, no idea what criteria to use. Eventually I picked one parcel, opened all three parcels and found out they contained bell peppers, one with big ones, another with smaller ones, and the third with even smaller ones.

I recorded the dream, and later my inner guide's interpretation was that life is a string of choices we have to make without knowing what criteria we have to use. Then I asked: so what should we do? Answer: develop and use your intuition!

It sounds so simple that it makes you wonder: why didn't I consciously think of it?

I believe that our dreams contain symbols, but the symbols differ from one dream to another, and from one dreamer to another. Solution: ask your inner guide for your dreams' interpretations!
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 20-02-2020, 06:40 AM
Seeker

Hi,

Thank you for your reply! That all makes sense, why I’ve never asked before.

I never thought to just ask myself what it meant in that way. I’ve been trying to figure it out for a while now. But I will make a dream journal and write down the details properly so then like you said look at the different symbols and then try to figure it all out.

Does it take a while for the answer to come to you when you ask?

Thanks again for your help
Old 20-02-2020, 07:00 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery90
Hi,

Thank you for your reply! That all makes sense, why I’ve never asked before.

I never thought to just ask myself what it meant in that way. I’ve been trying to figure it out for a while now. But I will make a dream journal and write down the details properly so then like you said look at the different symbols and then try to figure it all out.

Does it take a while for the answer to come to you when you ask?

Thanks again for your help

Most of the time, the answer comes instantaneously, even before I word out my question completely. Some times, a few hours later a thought pops in my head in a quiet moment, but it is more like a small clarification, or a minor addition to an idea I received when I asked earlier. I try hard not to distort the answer from the inner guide with my rationalizations, expectations, or beliefs. I adopt an attitude of mild expectation that I'll get the right answer, if there is one.

I don't use the dream journal to compare consciously the dreams, or to look up for similarities or symbols, at all.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 20-02-2020, 08:32 AM
Seeker

Hi,

Okay thank you for the information. I will see what happens.

I just meant a dream journal as making notes of the dream when I wake up.

Thank you again for your help.
Old 20-02-2020, 04:45 PM
Master

You're welcome. It works for me nicely. It should work for you too. Just be patient, as it's getting better as you do it.