Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 30-01-2020, 05:01 AM
Seeker

Every night

I've run into each night I dream of a different person I've known in the past. It's strange, people I haven't thought of, talked to in years, even decades. Was curious if anyone ever heard of this.
Old 31-01-2020, 01:32 PM
Pathfinder

Are you sure the people are still alive? Because this happened to me recently with one person who kept coming over and over until I googled him and found out he had passed. They were visitation dreams.
Old 31-01-2020, 01:45 PM
Newbie ;)

Hey there Thundercat. May I suggest the following:
The moment you wake up - you write down what you dreamt of. Doesn't matter the subject. Just write down or draw your dream. Do that for a month. But DO IT!
Old 01-02-2020, 06:40 AM
Seeker

@anne299 yes they are all still alive. I usually checked out their Facebook profile the next morning, thinking maybe something would stand out. I'm trying to think if any have passed away. I can't think of any that have passed.

@BlueNight I've never done that before, how will journaling help?
Old 01-02-2020, 11:48 AM
hazada guess

I just found this,hope it helps.

Dreaming about someone can be a sign that they are thinking or dreaming about you. This might come as a great surprise to you! If you dream about someone you have not seen for a long time they are likely thinking about you or might make an appearance in your life soon.
Old 01-02-2020, 12:25 PM
Pathfinder

I believe dreams are mostly about ourselves and each person you are dreaming about is a different part of yourself. Dreams may get their imagery from the past or present or even the future but its mostly about us now. Dreams show us what is going on in us just below the surface, so it sounds to me like the dream is trying to connect you with parts of yourself that you were in touch with in the past but may have given up in the present ot forgotten about. The dream is helping you to connect with these past parts of yourself. You can think about each person and how they used to make you feel and just acknowledge and remember that these parts are still a part of you. The fact that it is being repeated night after night means that your subconscious thinks its really important for you to be aware of this.
Old 01-02-2020, 02:52 PM
Pathfinder

I had also checked his facebook profile when I had a dream that stood out and it looked fine and I thought nothing of it because I dream a lot. Fast forward three years, one dream was beyond real and I finally used google hoping to contact him and had the shock of my life to see that he passed 5 years ago. Some facebook profiles are still up even though the person has passed. To this day his fb profile is still up.
I am not saying that is what happened in your case, but I am sharing this because I did the exact same thing and had the shock of my life 3 years after.
Old 02-02-2020, 05:34 AM
Seeker

[quote=beginners_mind]I believe dreams are mostly about ourselves and each person you are dreaming about is a different part of yourself. Dreams may get their imagery from the past or present or even the future but its mostly about us now. Dreams show us what is going on in us just below the surface, so it sounds to me like the dream is trying to connect you with parts of yourself that you were in touch with in the past but may have given up in the present ot forgotten about. The dream is helping you to connect with these past parts of yourself. You can think about each person and how they used to make you feel and just acknowledge and remember that these parts are still a part of you. The fact that it is being repeated night after night means that your subconscious thinks its really important for you to be aware of this.[/QUOTE

That would make sense. It has been odd because I RARELY dream. I went from being a very well liked guy, 100s of friends. To a solo parent, basically a hermit. So, I can see a subconscious being upset about it.
Old 02-02-2020, 06:18 AM
Yaoughta

This isn't strange or unusual. It'a actually quite common. What you think you've experienced in life is used to create conceptualized messages or dreams. The people you know from the past represent the past or a time frame. The dream is using them possibly to represent that period of time in your life for a reason. It could be that something you're going through now is related to that time period or a behavior or habit started back then. There are all sorts of reasons why different people from your past could be used. IT could be the people themselves are important and what they mean to you or how you feel about them. Whether you realize it or not, you formed opinions of those people and they represent that to you. For example, if you felt one of them was very well off, that individual might represent wealth to you or luck or hard work or ambition or any number of other things. There is always a reason why things show up or resurface at a particular time and it usually involves your current situation or daily life and often a lesson of some sort.
Old 06-02-2020, 05:32 PM
Pathfinder

That happens to me too. Usually when a person appears in our dream, its either theyre thinking of you, or not so nice, they've died :(

many times when people appear in my dream, they're thinking of me. How i know, they either call/text me the next day or see them in person randomly :)